is there such a thing? Something like a sky drive application available for blackberry? Something like this would be absolutely amazing! The ability to access all your computers files and be able to download/edit them from my berry!
    That would most definitely be the best app ever.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 04:19 PM
    more info, please. What exactly is cloud computing and how does it work?
    03-11-09 04:44 PM
    Its kind of like a hard drive on the internet. Files can be accessed from any computer and edited/saved (in this case I want to do it from my blackberry). I mainly want to do this for microsoft office files, but it would be cool for photos/music/other files as well. I know those are bigger but maybe I could stream my music library over Wi-fi or something?

03-11-09 04:59 PM
    The easiest thing I can thing of would be to get an account for Amazon's S3 (the service all those other online providers use as a backend) along with some cheap hosting that allows PHP content. With the Tarzan framework it would take about 20 lines of PHP to create a file browser (in fact, the demo on the Tarzan site shows how to do just that).

BTW... Cloud Computing is about a lot more than storage.

03-12-09 12:22 PM
    You are right, cloud computing is a lot more than storage. So are you saying that cloud storage access would be possible from a blackberry?

03-12-09 12:36 PM
    sweet! learned something new. sorry I can't answer your original question about whether it's available for bb though, hopefully someone else can...
    03-12-09 12:36 PM
    Access to stored files already on S3 would be pretty easy through a web browser. A stand-alone app would be more difficult as I'm not familiar with programming for a BB.

03-12-09 02:11 PM
    Cloud computing is about sharing idle processing power and other resources in order to accomplish large scale tasks. Even after a few more generations of advances, I'm not sure I'd want to share the limited resources of my BB with the "cloud". Perhaps I don't have enough imagination to see the desirability of this.

03-12-09 02:25 PM
    Actually, that distributed computing.

03-13-09 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD