There�s been a great deal of speculation around QNX in automotive and what that means for BlackBerry. RIM is playing it well in my opinion. No, we aren�t going to see any �BlackBerry� branded infotainment systems in cars. The Car 2 Platform is licensed to Car OEMs like Mercedes, Toyota, Chevy, BMW, (trust me the list is extensive). And they build their own systems tailored to their cars. See: mBrace2, Toyota Entune, Chevy MyLink, and so many others. QNX shipped in over 7 million vehicles last year. That�s a lot of cars. While we won�t likely see any major BlackBerry branding the BB10 platform is the same code being used in these infotainment systems. That being said RIM struck out to build their BB10 browser using web technologies so they could license it along with the Car 2 Platform (which is based in HTML5). At CES2013 the Verge got to sit in the Bentley GT and explore some of it�s awesome features. Interestingly, QNX shows of the BB10 Browser and BB10 Keyboard baked right into the infotainment center. Which goes to show that BlackBerry will still have a stamp in these cars blending the UI from their phones into the Car 2 platform. Here�s a picture below:
    01-12-13 01:04 PM
    nice observation!
    James Nieves likes this.
    01-12-13 01:06 PM
    Oh wow! That wasn't shown from when Kevin was doing the interview. Thanks!
    James Nieves likes this.
    01-12-13 01:07 PM
    QNX OEM "standards" and BB10 (QNX based) integration .... Laying the ground work semi stealth, for now.
    01-12-13 01:31 PM
    QNX OEM "standards" and BB10 (QNX based) integration .... Laying the ground work semi stealth, for now.
    very well put
    01-12-13 01:35 PM
    so we know what the stretched keyboard will be looking like on the playbook... still looks mighty fine!!
    James Nieves likes this.
    01-12-13 04:53 PM
    James delivers the goods once again. Thanks!
    James Nieves likes this.
    01-12-13 08:38 PM
    Only way I'll ever buy another Ford is if Microsoft Sync is not in it. Talk about crap software.
    If ford doesn't change, I walk.
    01-12-13 09:23 PM
    Beautiful technology combined with a beautiful car, nice=p
    01-12-13 09:42 PM
    I feel ya Varunsain, Mobile Nations is ultimately a joke. Monetizing the sharing of user information.
    These forums are NOT for opinion sharing, what the h*ll are you THINKING?
    This is merely a place for people to post information so mods and editors can extrapolate the info to front page posts and seem both "informed" and "intelligent" even "insightful'
    Garbage how 90% of all the "reporting" done by Mobile Nations is done by forum members not actual staff (who are really just trolls of said forums)
    I'm likely to be banned anyday now Lord knows how many multiple thousands of ads/pageviews I've helped them serve with my threads, regardless. I'm sorry they were deleting your posts, rather unfounded.

It's CrackBerry all you're suppose to do here is ask if PlayBook has Skype or Netflix
    01-14-13 08:17 AM
    I feel ya Varunsain, Mobile Nations is ultimately a joke. Monetizing the sharing of user information.
    This is merely a place for people to post information so mods and editors can extrapolate the info to front page posts and seem both "informed" and "intelligent" even "insightful'
    Garbage how 90% of all the "reporting" done by Mobile Nations is done by forum members not actual staff (who are really just trolls of said forums)
    I'm likely to be banned anyday now Lord knows how many multiple thousands of ads/pageviews I've helped them serve with my threads, regardless. I'm sorry they were deleting your posts, rather unfounded.

It's CrackBerry all you're suppose to do here is ask if PlayBook has Skype or Netflix
    If you do get banned, it wont be because of biased modding or anything like that, which is a separate issue.
    It will be because, although you have some decent points at times, you feel the need to provoke others, be confrontational in attitude, and slag off everyone that doesnt agree with you, whilst promoting an overinflated view of yourself.

Forums are like life most of the time, the right approach will get you far, the wrong approach can mean things get cut short early.
    palandri and James Nieves like this.
    01-14-13 11:03 AM
    I wish I had an upgrade to use for this baby...
    01-14-13 12:58 PM
    Looks like RIM and QNX already had what I wished for....GO RIM!!

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...3/#post7805973
    01-14-13 08:26 PM

Did someone mention Skype? Netflix? Will my PlayBook get it?
    01-14-13 09:32 PM