Hello, I have an 8330 on Sprints network. I was wondering if it's possible to clone my phone ? I love my phone but at my job i work around wash down pits for aluminum, and I've had 2 phones ruined so far in the past from getting wet. I already have an Otter Box on my BB but I'd still like to be able to use a different phone at work I have an extra Metro Pcs Motorola VE240 which I could care less if it got water damaged. I'm not to keen on the idea of adding another line to my account and forwarding my number to that line because when I call people i want them to see the number that they know, and I've had for the past 10 years! Makes my kinda wish I had T-Mobile I could just switch my SIM (AT&T is not an option hate em.) So does anyone know of a way to clone my phone ? or is my only option to switch to Tmo ? or just continue to use my BB an pray the Otter Box is as good as some say ? Any input is appreciated thanks guys!
    12-15-09 07:16 PM
    Hello, I have an 8330 on Sprints network. I was wondering if it's possible to clone my phone ? I love my phone but at my job i work around wash down pits for aluminum, and I've had 2 phones ruined so far in the past from getting wet. I already have an Otter Box on my BB but I'd still like to be able to use a different phone at work I have an extra Metro Pcs Motorola VE240 which I could care less if it got water damaged. I'm not to keen on the idea of adding another line to my account and forwarding my number to that line because when I call people i want them to see the number that they know, and I've had for the past 10 years! Makes my kinda wish I had T-Mobile I could just switch my SIM (AT&T is not an option hate em.) So does anyone know of a way to clone my phone ? or is my only option to switch to Tmo ? or just continue to use my BB an pray the Otter Box is as good as some say ? Any input is appreciated thanks guys!
    you could try google voice but im not sure if you would want that since you would have to get another number. with google voice, you could have phone calls to your google voice number be sent to any phone number you choose. so you would have 1 phone number on all your phones.
    12-15-09 08:47 PM
    Sprint, like Verizon, will not allow you to bring a non-Sprint branded phone on
    their network.
    12-15-09 08:52 PM
    Cloning of phones is illegal. This thread should be closed immediately.
    12-15-09 09:53 PM
    Only if you clone someone else's phone and use their account illegally. If it is your phone and your account you can do whatever you want as long as you can get it by the carrier. Now you may be breaking some carrier "rules" and could possibly be dropped but nothing about what fedge is describing is anything close to illegal.
    12-15-09 10:01 PM
    His terminology is simply incorrect. What he is asking is is there a way that
    he can use two CDMA devices the way that GSM user do but without a SIM
    card. He just wants to be able to login in to the BIS site, change his info
    prior to going to work and using the phone he would not be upset to lose.

... or at least that is how it reads to me.
    12-15-09 10:18 PM
    It ain't going to work. If the system detects two devices with identical details they both get locked out.

The only practical choice seems to be call forwarding - but that may result in charges for the service. Otherwise you are into switching devices 2x every day, which is going to get the provider excited
    12-16-09 03:17 AM
    Didn't think i was gonna stir anything like that up!! sorry! I called Sprint and they said they couldn't do anything for me just add a line an forward my calls so I suppose im SOL. I'm not trying to do anything remotely illegal or innapropriate in any way! I think amazinglygraceless hit the nail right on the head. "What he is asking is is there a way that
    he can use two CDMA devices the way that GSM user do but without a SIM
    card. He just wants to be able to login in to the BIS site, change his info
    prior to going to work and using the phone he would not be upset to lose." The only reason I said clone is because having 2 handsets ring at the same time in my mind would be cloning im not trying to clone random people's phones and call mexico or anything. whoa.. Just want to be able to use my same phone # on 2 devices. whoa. Thank you for your help everyone!
    12-16-09 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD