AFAICT it's not like Siri (which is not just voice control, BTW). It's more like the voice control on the current crop of BlackBerries.
    11-27-12 10:18 AM
    I would like to see the icons against a brighter, perhaps more colourful background just to see how it contrasts. So far, it's always on a dark blue background.

And what's the Remember icon? Is that like tasks or memo?
    11-27-12 12:02 PM
    And what's the Remember icon? Is that like tasks or memo?
    Yes, I believe I remember hearing/reading something about the memo pad being renamed to 'Remember'.
    11-27-12 01:20 PM
    The only thing that would make those icons look even better is if they were in my hands now!!
    11-27-12 01:40 PM
    I left Blackberry about 6 months ago for android and the gs2 and now 3. Always enjoyed blackberry and was sad to go.

I am curious if anyone else just finds the phone completely ugly. Even the icons look so blah and generic. I hope BB10 saves Blackberry but I am not seeing anything that would make me come back. The OS looks promising for what it can do, but if the hardware does not look good, I dont see it succeeding.

Once again it looks like a phone that is catered to the business end of people, and that is the reason why RIM is failing now. I dont see anything that is going to attract everyone else. When I first had blackberry I had almost 100 bbm contacts. When I left I maybe had 2. Everyone left. Sad really. So lets not go using BBM as something that can attract people.

Hopefully once its out , I can get my hands on it and really see what I think of it. I cant wait for some official videos of people using it and showing it off though. Not trying to be negative. Just stating my opinion as someone that RIM might be trying to reattract to their brand
    11-27-12 02:39 PM
    I'm not a fan of the shaded backdrop. I'd like to see what animated 3 dimensional images would look like or if it would make it look too cluttered.
    11-27-12 02:48 PM
    better than the original set but Im still not feelin them :/
    11-27-12 06:25 PM
    Guessing they don't want to update the actually icon art till we get closer to launch, come on my fellow crackberrians (sounded funny in my head) we need to save at least SOME excitement for launch!
    Agreed

voice control shouldn't be an app, it should be integrated with a push of a button.
    Ehh, I would have to disagree. I'd love a convenience key, but only if I can set it to launch whatever I want
    11-27-12 06:46 PM
    I don't understand the complaints about the icons. For the cross-platform apps like Dropbox, Linkedin, or Facebook, they're exactly the same as the ones on other platforms. The others are just following the same aesthetic.

Admittedly though I'm not too finicky about graphics. What would be nice is an ability to theme the BB10, so if you get tired of the same old icons, you can choose from a number of professionally designed sets.
    11-27-12 06:50 PM
    Agreed

Ehh, I would have to disagree. I'd love a convenience key, but only if I can set it to launch whatever I want
    I'm curious about the possibility of a convenience gesture (swiping to the right rather than the left when peeking to launch a specified app).
    11-27-12 06:59 PM
    I'm curious about the possibility of a convenience gesture (swiping to the right rather than the left when peeking to launch a specified app).
    That would be awesome
    11-27-12 07:15 PM
    As an iPhone user, I can appreciate the borders around the icons just because you would still be able to see the text below the icons even if you had abstract art as your wallpaper. On my iPhone I usually just stick with solid colors or soft tones just so I'll be able to see the wording below the icons.
    11-27-12 07:38 PM
    That phone is developers-only hardware. Final hardware is different.
    11-28-12 04:09 AM
    I want to be excited about a new blackberry, as I love new technology and competition...but I have to say that this looks like it's going to be a failure of epic proportions. I could not design a more stale and outdated look if I sat down and tried. I keep waiting to see something that will set this phone apart from the crowd in some way, but I just keep seeing boring boring boring. If bb survives this launch I will honestly be shocked...it's like they have a serious disconnect from their design department and what tech savvy people are looking for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    11-28-12 07:35 AM
    Don't judge a book by it's cover. Wait it out like all of us are, and only time will tell if what is under the hood is enough to pull them through. I personally think it will happen and it is time for them and they will shine.They have had a lot of time to listen to what we all want in a smart phone and I am sure most of it will all be incorporated in the new BB 10. This phone will definitely be the best thing that ever happened to RIM. Maybe some of you beg to differ, and that is fine as it is a matter of one's opinion, but faithful BB users that have been with them since the beginning of time are going to own something that they are not ashamed to pull out of their pockets for once. It might not be better then everything else, but will be something we have all waited for and needed for a long time coming !
    gng11 likes this.
    11-28-12 09:23 PM
    Best pics, nice and clear.
    11-28-12 09:27 PM
    It looks amazing, much better, and even neater than previous BB... I also love the fully touched screen system
    11-30-12 01:43 AM
    Someone should post like before and after BB10 Icon images to see How much has changed from the first set of icons.
    11-30-12 02:11 AM
    Didnt see a phone icon. Maybe they forgot it. Just kidding guys.
    12-01-12 11:58 AM
    Is this voice control supposed to be like siri or is it something else
    They haven't really been clear about that yet. Gotta save something for later :P
    12-02-12 10:40 AM
45 12