They can compete still. They just need to act fast, secure the apps and push like crazy.

If that will just happen..

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 09:29 AM
    +1,000,000,000,000!!!

Your thoughts on the future of BlackBerry and its place in the mobile industry echoes my sentiments perfectly! Very nicely put!

Uhh.. do you think people who are issued BlackBerrys through their jobs (public or government sector) are geotagging tweets?

It's almost ironic that BlackBerry has a "turn location On" feature on their twitter app.

I've been a twitter user since 2009, and a BlackBerry user since 2006, and rarely, if ever, turn on my location when tweeting. That uses more battery and in my mind is just unnecessary.

Sorry, but I don't think you can judge BlackBerry's future in hardware by who has their location On in tweets. It's just extremely skewed evidence (and I won't even get into the volatility of social media platforms.. what if we based company's futures off of MySpace or Friendster?)

I'm not in denial about where BlackBerry stands in terms of consumer appeal. I would be PERFECTLY HAPPY if they went private and only put out qwerty devices for business/enterprise at a discount, and for consumers at full retail through their own private channels directly.

I would buy the device at full retail. BlackBerry has become an "aquired taste." Either you appreciate/recognize/get it, or you don't. It's like a Martini or something. iPhones and Androids are more like draft beers/well drinks--many people love them, and even if they don't, they're at least okay with them.

Full qwerty BlackBerrys aren't for everyone...but for some of us, they're exactly what we want, and it's the only device we want to use...sorry the rest of the world doesn't seem to be feeling that way..and that's why the company should be taken private (in my opinion).

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 likes this.
    09-17-13 09:31 AM
    This is totally accurate guys! Come on. I mean, he even color-coded everything! :P

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    I immediately dismissed this thread on it's obviously flawed course of thought, however I hadn't considered the color-coding!! OMG Blackberry is DOOOOOOMED !!
    Seriously though, how dumb is this? I believe the people using ios & android are more inclined to use their mobile twitter app as opposed to BB users. I being 1 in the BB camp not using it on my mobile device.
    Undbiter65 and beamolite like this.
    09-17-13 10:05 AM
    IMHO the data only shows are for tweets, remember that productive people don't waste time tweeting (I may be wrong). If the data shows how many users are using their "smartphone for productivity" probably the data could change
    You're wrong on a lot of cases.

There is a different landscape in business. In many ways, social networking ENHANCES productivity.

Not saying you need to network, or that the assumptions garnered from this data is accurate; just that productivity, as a concept, is not so narrowly defined anymore.
    09-17-13 10:30 AM
    I immediately dismissed this thread on it's obviously flawed course of thought, however I hadn't considered the color-coding!! OMG Blackberry is DOOOOOOMED !!
    Seriously though, how dumb is this? I believe the people using ios & android are more inclined to use their mobile twitter app as opposed to BB users. I being 1 in the BB camp not using it on my mobile device.
    Ha! I seriously hope he is a troll and not that he honestly can't see the flaw in his analysis. Lol

09-17-13 10:32 AM
    Well said.

BB Z10 Rocks!
    09-17-13 03:07 PM
    I have been a die hard BlackBerry fan ever since I got my first Bold back in 2008. I have experienced the rise and fall of BB and have been hoping BB10 would bring them back to life. However enough was enough, I took off my rose colored glasses and realized BlackBerry can no longer compete in the consumer hardware mobile market. I am not saying BlackBerry will disappear, they will simply become another IBM in my opinion. If any of you guys know, IBM had similar experiences to BB in the 70's when they absolutely dominated consumer hardware. However in the 80's Microsoft came along and IBM were too slow to react and could not compete, and eventually decided it would be the smarter decision to go enterprise and software and leave the consumer space.

This is what BlackBerry has to do, and will do. My prediction is 2015 is when they will bow out of consumer phones. If you guys don't believe me, then check out these maps of smartphone usage worldwide. It was done by MapBox and they collected all of the geotagged tweets from 2011 onwards. It shows iPhone in Red, Android in light blue, BlackBerry in Purple

*To those that say geotagged twitter posts are not an accurate way to gauge smartphone usage and start saying "oh I dont use twitter" get your head out of your a**. Im sorry what was this whole #ICHOOSEBLACKBERRY10 all about then?? Many people use twitter and this is a great way to see the so called "Hyperconnected" people worldwide.

I picked all of the so called BlackBerry "Strongholds" where they supposedly have 100% of market share according to some of the naive people on Crackberry such as BlackBerry's home Waterloo, London(England), Cape Town(South Africa). Jakarta, Indonesia is the only place they are doing well currently. Im sorry folks but once BBM goes cross platform kiss Jakarta goodbye. Everyone at BB corporate is making the transition from hardware to software and its clearly evident with cross platform BBM.
    Just to point out, the bolded part above about IBM and Microsoft is, for lack of a better expression, totally false. That just isn't what happened and it isn't when it happened. IBM developed its first PC in the early 80s, and it used a Microsoft operating system. They didn't have consumer hardware in the 70s. They weren't competing but rather IBM including that OS in the PC made Microsoft. IBM got out of the PC hardware business because of competition from commodity hardware venders like Dell.
    09-17-13 09:00 PM
    The great human logic:
    He did wrong yesterday, he will do wrong tomorrow.
    09-17-13 09:12 PM
    The great human logic:
    He did wrong yesterday, he will do wrong tomorrow.
    It's true that what you cite is a dangerous assumption. The problem with your implication is that it's no worse an assumption than "he did wrong yesterday, he'll do right tomorrow."
    Undbiter65 likes this.
    09-17-13 09:23 PM
    It's true that what you cite is a dangerous assumption. The problem with your implication is that it's no worse an assumption than "he did wrong yesterday, he'll do right tomorrow."
    That is understated.
    09-17-13 09:42 PM
    Wow. Best thing I've read on this site all day. Amen brother.

09-17-13 09:44 PM
    You're wrong on a lot of cases.

There is a different landscape in business. In many ways, social networking ENHANCES productivity.

Not saying you need to network, or that the assumptions garnered from this data is accurate; just that productivity, as a concept, is not so narrowly defined anymore.

Exactly. For instance it is now quite popular to spread information at scientific meetings using Twitter so that people not in attendance can hear the content of the meetings. Last year I gave a talk at a meeting in Cambridge, UK. When I sat down I checked my email and had a message from a collaborator back in the US that it looked as if my talk was well received. I emailed back asking how the heck he knew since I had just sat down from the talk and he was about 3000 miles away. Twitter of course was the answer.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    09-17-13 09:47 PM
    I feel that I have done BlackBerry a great disservice in this poll. Not only do I have my geotag thingy whatchamacallit turned off (highly technical term, I ain't playin here) but, as I am the only BlackBerry user among my Twitter friends and they tweet an average 20 more times a day than me, I am not holding up my end of the Tweeter stats.

Sorry BlackBerry. My bad. Gonna go hashtag something now.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 01:17 AM
    @Tre Lawrence

Yes you are right, today productivity is defined differently. Social Media is the new trend in marketing and advertising, maybe I was looking on at individual productivity not at business side concept. And now I hear there are some people are being paid just to tweet the product as the celebrities do.

#IChooseBlackBerry10 | Posted via My BlackBerry Q10 (SQN 100-3 v.10.1.0.4181) - Powered by Globe Telecom Philippines
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    09-18-13 01:54 AM
    I think Jason is saying is that BB will do better guys.

I believe that Blackberry will do amazing with the new 10.2 OS, and when they get more quality apps in their line up.
    Then Blackberry needs to clear up this selling off the company, I know many people that are refusing to buy a Blackberry right now, cause they don't know if the company or OS will still be around in a year or two. Why buy a phone if it will not be maintained by the company?

Blackberry has the resources to be one of the best phone manufactures, they need a great aggressive advertising campaign showing off what the BB10 lineup can accomplish. None of this abstract, cool meta-morphing commercials.
    Show how Blackberry can make your life more manageable, show the day to day usage and how secure the OS is running - prove to people that Blackberry STILL has what it takes to be the BEST phone.
    Tell them about QNX and how BB doesn't need 8 cores to run, since the dual core is OPTIMIZED for the QNX operating system... meaning everything runs smoothly without requiring more cores or RAM.

SHOW OFF the phone and what it is capable of accomplishing!!!
    Keep moving Blackberry!
    beamolite likes this.
    09-18-13 03:01 AM
    Nice visuals.

Posted from the most powerful smartphone,z10
    09-18-13 06:46 AM
    Nice visuals.

Posted from the most powerful smartphone,z10
    You're lucky. I don't see anything.

Besides, geotagging? Really? That's your basis? How many people don't geotag their tweets?

Z10 STL100-1/10.1.0.4633
    09-18-13 07:19 AM
    It proves the saying:
    "Figures can lie - and liars can figure"
    This is not a personal attack on the OP, but I believe that it demonstrates how 'skewed statistics' can be presented as fact, when it so suits an interest-group.

Z10 via CB10
    09-18-13 07:32 AM
    This seems as accurate to me as looking at StatCounter user charts.... not scientific or accurate at all!

Visit my BBM Channel at C00121065 for photography of the Great Pacific Northwest!
    09-18-13 08:02 AM
    This is why I don't like black themes or backgrounds.

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    09-18-13 09:36 AM
45 12