Nice little article from CIO.com highlighting the productivity and security advantages of BlackBerry over iPhone. Check it out.

Blackberry Is Better Than an iPhone http://feeds.cio.com/~r/cio/feed/art...Than_an_iPhone

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 10:40 AM
    If there was a title designed to get clicks, here's a good one! :-)
    05-17-13 10:48 AM
    Great..keep it coming

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 10:56 AM
    CIO puts out some insightful articles. Thanks for sharing, OP.
    05-17-13 11:22 AM
    Spot on article. But I would amend the article to say "Better for smartphone pragmatist".

Most consumers do not fall into that category at the moment. I think that's what really put the then-RIM in a "naked in the wilderness" scenario. The consumers attention and desires were shifted towards entertainment consumption and aesthetics over communications function, efficiency, and durability.

It's taken a long time, but I think Blackberry has found out how to balance the two.
    Things are starting to pick up again and it can only get better!
    deiop likes this.
    05-17-13 11:53 AM
    This article doesnt really fit with the Z10 unfortunately, not does it seem to address the fact that Android and iOS have DoD approvals (or iOS will if it hasnt been posted yet). Its a bit thin overall unfortunately.
    05-17-13 12:02 PM
    Bang on article. It reflect my though around iPhone since the initial stage, ... an iPod on which they've add phone capabilities, ...the bad is that they haven't really change that over years.

To keep going in the article direction, it's most likely like when you are in relation with such attractive woman, you wish it will last forever, and "waist" years until you realized it was not for you, not what you really looking for, not what you really need.

What do you really need has a smartphone ?
    - An effective communication device
    - Or a good mobile entertainment device

Personally I need an communication device, not an entertainment device. For entertainment I have so many alternatives.

Now, unless they brought up important changes, stop try telling me that an iPhone could be a good business oriented device.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 12:49 PM
  8. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    just loving the Q10 ... converted 3 iphone friends this week ....
    05-17-13 01:23 PM
    Good article. Enjoyed reading it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    05-17-13 02:17 PM
    "...It's relatively fragile (you're a fool if you don't put it in a case), expensive (often costing more than twice as much as the next phone), attractive to thieves and insecure."

Seriously? Who buys a smartphone these days without a case?

The security aspect gets blown up as well now that KNOX and IOS are FIPS certfied (not to the same level as BBRY, but still).

If you want x phone, get x phone. All these this is better than that because one is too beautiful is pretty silly.
    05-17-13 02:23 PM
    This article doesnt really fit with the Z10 unfortunately, not does it seem to address the fact that Android and iOS have DoD approvals (or iOS will if it hasnt been posted yet). Its a bit thin overall unfortunately.
    Good points.

I also tend to think a device is what you make of it. Respectfully, in 2013, if a person makes such an out-of-touch statement like "iPhone is for entertainment," I don't take them seriously.

If BBRY had approached its future with the thinking that governs that article, the fight would have been lost, IMO. Thankfully, it seems BBRY finally gave competing platforms the respect they deserve, and it shows with the latest offerings.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-17-13 02:25 PM