Just read this at lunch and thought I would share :

News: UConnect to run Blackberry apps?
    12-12-12 11:03 AM
    Sweet! Good thing I was looking to get a Dart next summer anyways
    12-12-12 11:10 AM
    Thor's not playing around M2M is such a bigger eco system than the current ones only a matter of Motion for things to change.

RIMS playing advance chess out here.Thors not playing around silently ruthless.
    12-12-12 11:41 AM
    More than just a phone.
    bungaboy and David in Durham like this.
    12-12-12 11:46 AM
    More than just a phone.
    Always has been Bro....love it!
    12-12-12 11:57 AM
    Things are shaping up very nicely. You can tell that they don't have a plan B cause they're going all out with BB10 lol.
    bbmtna, Jince, jon4400 and 1 others like this.
    12-12-12 12:02 PM
    QNX runs in most vehicles on the car today, something like 60-80% of the vehicles on the road with in dash systems (or onStar) run QNX. Think of the potential there . RIM also released an HTML5/Webworks SDK for vehicles. Truly cross platform.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-12-12 12:02 PM
    Automotive and Medical M2M is really where the real growth will be with QNX!
    Stewartj1 and bungaboy like this.
    12-12-12 12:09 PM
    12-12-12 01:06 PM
    Always has been Bro....love it!
    Posted by me a few months ago during an discussion about RIM stock

Finally, QNX is on hundreds of embedded devices, in cars and all sorts of things. If RIM works the connection with embedded devices and the BB10 devices (I won't call it a phone), then they open up a world of possibilities that less flexible OSs can only dream of....well, they can't dream of that world, because they can't multi-task.
    12-12-12 01:08 PM
    h�h�, I'm a QNX user for years in my 300C CRD Touring ... Great news for next models (I strongly doubt I can upgrade my current Uconnect/MyGig).
    Dammit ! I'll have to buy a new car to be fully BB10 powered ... hate you OP
    12-12-12 01:15 PM
    When will we be able to buy those uconnect2, is this hardware or a software update to connect my gig systems?
    12-12-12 01:18 PM
    Now if they put the Uconnect2 in the Charger police cruisers, I know what my next car will be......
    12-12-12 01:31 PM
    2 of the best things out there BlackBerry and Dodge.... what a team! Seriously, my U connect in "Da Truck" seems wicked old and I can barely hear anything. Everyone finds it annoying to talk to me over it. New stuff.... Giggity!!!

....sniff, sniff.... I smell a new truck in the works!
    12-12-12 02:23 PM
    When will we be able to buy those uconnect2, is this hardware or a software update to connect my gig systems?
    It isn't a software update, unfortunately.
    Look for the ones with the 8.4 inch touch-screen.
    12-12-12 02:25 PM
    Makes me think RIM will update most QNX cars to a car version of BB10.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-12-12 03:08 PM
    It isn't a software update, unfortunately.
    Look for the ones with the 8.4 inch touch-screen.
    Thanks, I need to figure if those would fit my Jeep patriot...and if we can buy them here in europe
    12-12-12 03:10 PM
    I think RIM's greatest chance for success will be deployments unrelated to phones. They should be making ruggedized PB's useful for dispatch. Heck, they need to look to partner to make real solutions. Any tablet brand can do all kinds of things, but they don't make sense for finished solutions especially for niche markets.

Why does RIM want to sell consumer tablets when they should be selling stripped down OEM packages that can take a variety of display formats.

If I want a computer and screen embedded in some niche product, I should be able to buy one from RIM for a known price and then I can hire a dev to build an app for it and then I'm done. I don't need to hire a hardware guy. Nothing. Let the market do its thing... Don't stop with dashboards.
    12-12-12 05:12 PM
    Looks like I will have to trade in my daily econo box and get me a Viper so I can use my bb10 phone with it.

Can we start up a pool to help me buy the car? I've got the phone covered
    Thunderbuck and randall2580 like this.
    12-12-12 05:13 PM
    Awesome! I want BB10 in my next car...
    12-13-12 12:19 AM
    Wonder if they'll bring it over to Volkswagen, I was thinking of trading my Jetta for a GLI next fall would be sweet if its running QNX
    12-13-12 02:25 AM
    h�h�, I'm a QNX user for years in my 300C CRD Touring ... Great news for next models (I strongly doubt I can upgrade my current Uconnect/MyGig).
    Dammit ! I'll have to buy a new car to be fully BB10 powered ... hate you OP
    [one nite later]
    Ok here's the deal :
    If RIM stock hit $80, I buy a brand new ... *ouch* ... Lancia, just for the power of BB10 (and because I <3 my 300C)
    12-13-12 02:30 AM
    I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but I am not clear as to how this helps all that much for the average consumer. Just about every new car has bluetooth that works with every smartphone and also has on on board "computer" that does all sorts of stuff w/o any device. What additional functionality would be (or potentially could be) gained by using an exclusive/native QNX/BB 10 set up? Seems to me it is good for RIM to continue to own and develop QNX but I am just wondering what's in it for me!!?
    12-13-12 05:11 AM
    I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but I am not clear as to how this helps all that much for the average consumer. Just about every new car has bluetooth that works with every smartphone and also has on on board "computer" that does all sorts of stuff w/o any device. What additional functionality would be (or potentially could be) gained by using an exclusive/native QNX/BB 10 set up? Seems to me it is good for RIM to continue to own and develop QNX but I am just wondering what's in it for me!!?
    Well, sure, you have Bluetooth connection and you have some control over your radio in your car, but......

You are at home, your buddy calls you about a new band playing at a new club he is at and he wants you to come meet him, so you look it up on your phone and go jump in your car.
    • When you get in your car, you place your phone on the NFC control pad and your car starts up and welcomes you
    • The car adjusts the temperature controls and radio volume to your liking (since your significant other/spouse drove last) and maybe even your seat location, because you've got that kind of coin
    • The map location on your phone is transferred to your navigation screen
    • The song look up for the band pulls up the YouTube channel of the band and plays the latest upload (which switches to audio only, once you are in drive)
    • A text goes out to your friend that you are leaving your house
    • While you are driving, your car lets you know it is time to change the oil and schedules a reminder into your phone
    • As you head to the location, you see a restaurant that you want try out, so you send a voice message about it to your significant other/spouse
    • When you arrive, another text is sent to your friend that you are parking
    • As you walk towards the club, you notice it is a very shady place and you check your phone to make sure you have locked your car and disabled the battery to prevent it from being stolen

Of course, you'll need to upgrade both your phone and your car. But, that's called brand loyalty.
    12-13-12 07:52 AM
    Yes, good news for to day
    12-13-12 10:24 PM
36 12