Any hope this will become a native BlackBerry app????????????????????????

Someone showed me this yesterday on a droid and I thought it was pretty cool.
    SifiGamer likes this.
    02-16-14 09:22 AM
    Based on the research I've done, you're better off getting a Miracast dongle for your TV. It's a bit more money but people say it's much better than Chromecast.
    02-16-14 09:29 AM
    Based on the research I've done, you're better off getting a Miracast dongle for your TV. It's a bit more money but people say it's much better than Chromecast.
    I don't have a miracast, but I believe it is currently better for streaming content from your device, a chromecast however, is better for music and movies IMO because it is not using your device, it receives instructions from your phone, but pulls all data through WIFI, once you start it, you can use your phone for other things, even leave, without disrupting what is being streamed by the Chromecast, I have a Chromecast and love it, and more apps are taking advantage of it all the time. So I would say it depends on what you want to do, send media stored on your phone = miracast, steam music and video, watch YouTube, other cloud based media = Chromecast.
    02-16-14 09:41 AM
    I don't have a miracast, but I believe it is currently better for streaming content from your device, a chromecast however, is better for music and movies IMO because it is not using your device, it receives instructions from your phone, but pulls all data through WIFI, once you start it, you can use your phone for other things, even leave, without disrupting what is being streamed by the Chromecast, I have a Chromecast and love it, and more apps are taking advantage of it all the time. So I would say it depends on what you want to do, send media stored on your phone = miracast, steam music and video, watch YouTube, other cloud based media = Chromecast.
    You're correct. The advantage we have with BlackBerry 10 is we can use the Play On feature to transmit video and still use your phone to do other things while the video keeps playing on the TV. It doesn't interrupt the video. This works great for DLNA and HDMI outputs from my Q10.
    02-16-14 10:47 AM
    You're correct. The advantage we have with BlackBerry 10 is we can use the Play On feature to transmit video and still use your phone to do other things while the video keeps playing on the TV. It doesn't interrupt the video. This works great for DLNA and HDMI outputs from my Q10.
    Cool, I have a Z30 along with a note 3, I didn't realize you could do that, I may look into a miracast also, for my needs, I have been tickled with the Chromecast, especially considering it's $35.00, it has worked flawlessly for me.
    02-16-14 10:52 AM
    I sideloaded the YouTube and Chromecast app for android, works perfectly

Channel: C00120F05 Gaming!
    02-16-14 11:02 AM
    It only works with youtube. I've tried and tried to get it to work with Netflix and can't. Very frustrating.

Verizon Z30 and Z10
    02-16-14 11:14 AM
    Haven't tried since the new update though. Has anyone gotten this to work? (chromecast+Z30 or Z10+ Netflix)
    02-16-14 11:16 AM
    The android Chromecast works just fine on my Z10! And now there are 3rd party apps that allow for locally stored videos , pics and music file casting. No need for Miracast!!!!!!
    03-05-14 01:44 PM
    Is there any apps working with Chromecast besides youtube? On bb10...

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 03:34 PM
    Just tried it on my Q10, used snap for youtube and chromecast. Neither one finds my device. Might have to use my daughters S4 or get miracast adapter. Chromecast just has a pop up about Google play and youtube can't find device. Let me know if anyone comes up with a work around. In the meantime, I will buy a miracast adapter on ebay and wait a month for it to arrive

Q10 with Telus on 10.2.1.2141
    03-20-14 06:28 PM
    The only app that has worked for me thus far is YouTube, no others appear to find my Chromecast.

Chromecast now relies on Google services, so I'm assuming we won't see much support until services is fully supported on BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 07:23 PM
    So probably never! Unless Google buys BlackBerry

Q10 with Telus on 10.2.1.2141
    03-20-14 07:59 PM
    What do you use for this? I have a z10 and I'd like to use the play on feature.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 12:01 PM
    Netgear Push2TV Miracast Adapter works good.

Zed30
    03-21-14 01:12 PM
    I did side load Chromecast, but the app does not find the Chromecast on the same wifi network. How did you managed to make it work?

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 11:43 PM
    I did side load Chromecast, but the app does not find the Chromecast on the same wifi network. How did you managed to make it work?

Posted via CB10
    You have to connect to the wifi the Chromecast broadcasts. Then it will find it. Sometimes it gets interference... so keep other devices away. once connected, set your your in house wifi, and then connect your phone to same. It should work.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 10:03 AM
    Thanks for that hint.

Is that how you have to initiate a brand new chromecast?
    My scenario is: I went to a friend's house and he has chromecast and he uses it. I installed chromecast on my Z10 and try to connect, didnt work. Then I installed chromecast of Nexus 7 and it worked without connecting to chromecast's wifi first. My Z10 and Nexus were connected to his home wifi.
    Question: do you think your method still work in this scenario? I can not check it myself because I do not think I will visit him anytime soon.

Thank You.
    03-30-14 11:37 AM
    Netflix works like a charm now! I only wish I could use Plex! The cast icon shows but when you press it no devices is found.

Anyone have any luck with Plex and Chromecast?

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 08:33 PM
    FYI this has been available on Android for at least two years before it was on BB10.
    05-09-14 09:16 PM
    FYI this has been available on Android for at least two years before it was on BB10.
    Advantage over miracast. Geezuz CYT dude

Zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    05-10-14 12:42 AM
    Blackberry would do well to get chromecast natively built for bb10.
    It is a great device that is growing daily.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    05-10-14 04:39 PM
    They be wrong

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    05-10-14 04:39 PM