They updated their keyboard, and I doubt you've used the new one.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    When did they? I saw an update on my dad's S4, updated it and could not find a single thing changed, I even noticed that when sharing a picture through NFC it takes a lot of trys to recognise my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 02:29 PM
    Your friend. Your dad. Whatever, i see what youre doing.

Take the cases off the phone. They interfere with NFC because they increase the contact range.

Or just get a Galaxy and use Wi-Fi Direct or Group Play :-)

Nothing else to say.

12-19-13 02:31 PM
    Your friend. Your dad. Whatever, i see what youre doing.

Take the cases off the phone. They interfere with NFC because they increase the contact range.

Or just get a Galaxy and use Wi-Fi Direct or Group Play :-)

Nothing else to say.

I have no idea what you're talking about, I'm not trying to do anything, I'm just saying what I noticed.

NFC worked quite well before the update so no it's not the cases.

I'd rather die than do that.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 02:48 PM
    NFC and S Beam works fine. So I don't personally think you're being honest. Just believe what youb have said.

12-19-13 02:49 PM
    NFC and S Beam works fine. So I don't personally think you're being honest. Just believe what youb have said.

You can believe what you want, obviously you're living in a bubble where Galaxy phones are free of flaws and issues.

I said what I experienced, if you don't want to believe then don't, I don't really care.

You obviously have nothing better to do other than hating on BlackBerry, why don't you go back to AC?

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 02:58 PM
    You can believe what you want, obviously you're living in a bubble where Galaxy phones are free of flaws and issues.

I said what I experienced, if you don't want to believe then don't.

You obviously have nothing better to do other than hating on BlackBerry, why don't you go back to AC?

Posted via CB10
    No. I have one and see a 4 every day and use S Beam because he's my camera winch at the rink and records everything for me. It has never failed or had contact issued except when my otter box is on my phone, and that happens for the reason I mentioned.

Web been over the "why are you here?" posts. I don't want to report you. Stop it.

12-19-13 03:01 PM
    When the trackpad works, that is... ;-)

You might be thinking of the trackBALL, which was unreliable due to the fact it was mechanical and collected dirt would cause problems. The trackPAD had no such issues because it is a sealed optical unit with no moving parts.

Web been over the "why are you here?" posts. I don't want to report you. Stop it.

Trolling is also against the rules here.
    12-19-13 03:08 PM
    You might be thinking of the trackBALL, which was unreliable due to the fact it was mechanical and collected dirt would cause problems. The trackPAD had no such issues because it is a sealed optical unit with no moving parts.

Trolling is also against the rules here.
    I'm just going to report this post. Why so desperate to bait?

12-19-13 03:09 PM
    I'm just going to report this post. Why so desperate to bait?

I have a theory that people like you are the ones wearing out the report button here.

It seems you are corroborating this.

There is no "baiting" going on here. The wording is right in the site rules. Am I a bad dog for referring to it?

Confused.
    12-19-13 03:21 PM
    I have a theory that people like you are the ones wearing out the report button here.

It seems you are corroborating this.

There is no "baiting" going on here. The wording is right in the site rules. Am I a bad dog for referring to it?

Confused.
    I barely report. It takes too much time. But people like you deserve it. I do not converse or cohort privately with any other posters here. Stop the conspiracy theories. Its uncouth.

You used the reference as an underhanded route to name calling that you think you can explain off trivially. I didn't know we were chimpanzees and not human beings. Its fairly transparent.

You aren't confused, you just think you're witty.

You're not.

Bye.

12-19-13 03:24 PM
    I barely report. It takes too much time. But people like you deserve it. I do not converse or cohort privately with any other posters here. Stop the conspiracy theories. Its uncouth.

You used the reference as an underhanded route to name calling that you think you can explain off trivially. I didn't know we were chimpanzees and not human beings. Its fairly transparent.

You aren't confused, you just think you're witty.

You're not.

Bye.

Bye, don't come again.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 03:33 PM
    Bye, don't come again.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't say I was leaving. I just meant I wasn't responding to him further. He's on ignore now.

You're free to put me there. I won't be mad. Omnitech has a history of veiling attacks in his posts. He does it all the time.

m1a1mg likes this.
    12-19-13 03:36 PM
    I barely report. It takes too much time. But people like you deserve it.

I call THAT baiting.

Here's another example of baiting: someone posts an opinion that they don't like one or more aspects about a competing platform, and another user immediately accuses them of being a liar. Scroll up in your post list to see an example of this.

I do not converse or cohort privately with any other posters here. Stop the conspiracy theories. Its uncouth.

Never said anything about any conspiracy, just wearing out the report button.
    12-19-13 03:57 PM
    What program do you use for task management? What scientific programs do you use?

As for the comm being better: the idea of using different programs for different comm formats strikes be as being bizarre. I don't care whether someone sends me an email, a bbm or a text: they should all be in the same place. With iOS, you are always jumping from program to program to handle incoming. This is a bizarre way of doing things. You should be able to mow through all your comm in one place.

Also, recent touches with 10.2 are v nice. Inline replies have become indispensable. Attachment views are great. The platform is moving forward very quickly. Certainly, a lot more quickly than iOS.

Also, inter-app communication appears stronger in BB10 -- programs seem to work together better here.

I am not sure I communicate in a "limited way".

I see people on iOS and they are always poking their screens. Looks painful. My two cents.
    Sorry for being a bit late responding to these good questions. I posted elsewhere on apps I use. Here is a link:

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ml#post9503177

For my master task list I use Omnifocus. It syncs across everything I use, well, except my Q10. It is on my iPhone, iPads, desktop and notebooks. It is a very powerful task management program. The reasons I don't like to depend on emails to assign tasks to people are that it clutters up my in box (and theirs), it makes it difficult to track down what was assigned and it is difficult to followup and see if it was done. I manage a lot of projects. We use, for most of those, Basecamp which is a web based tool with a very nice iPhone app. We can make tasks lists assigned to specific people on the project, have project specific discussions, load project specific files and that way everything is available when someone wants to catch up. I typically will enter something in Omnifocus like "Review status of project X" and I will go to Basecamp, see what has been going on with it and add any new things I want people to do or make comments on progress. This is especially useful since we often have collaborators in Europe (we are in the Eastern US) and it frees everyone from time zone issues.

I have two people that work with me that I interact with, in addition to the above way, a bit differently. They are my assistant and administrative director. I use Basecamp somewhat for them but I also use a simpler system, Asana, to assign tasks to them. Again, as in Basecamp, when the task is finished they check it off and I know it is done.

I also take a lot of notes at meetings and there are a couple ways that I get those processed. If it is in the Moleskine notebook I always have in my pocket there is a feature in the iPhone Evernote app called "Page Photo". It makes it easy to take photos of multipage documents and transfer to Evernote which then does OCR and indexes them. I recently got a Livescribe pen which transfers the writing (in a special notebook) to an iPhone or iPad app in real time. I can then convert to a PDF and deposit in Evernote. My assistant has access to the Evernote account and processes the notes. This is typically reviewing and looking for symbols I add to the notes, which we have agreed on the meanings. One symbol is add this to my task list, another is to add it to her task list. It also will sometimes mark something to be typed and returned or to set up a meeting which she does. For her to add to my task list she types up a message to a specific address at Omnifocus and emails to that server (from my email account). It returns an email to my account with a space to click on the in the message. If I click on that space, from any device, it adds it to Omnifocus and I delete the message. She doesn't have direct access to my Omnifocus account but the email works quite well.

In terms of actual scientific apps I really don't use many. We have automated genome sequencing instruments in the lab and while I don't monitor them myself on a routine basis (others in the group do that) I can, and have on occasion, logged into the VPN on my iPhone and then used an app from the manufacturer to check on the status of some samples. What I mentioned above was about scientific meetings. So at say the annual meetings of the American Association for Cancer Research or American Society of Human Genetics there are hundreds of presentations. We used to have to lug around a huge book showing all of these. Now virtually all of these meetings have iPhone apps that we can find what talks are happening and even build custom schedules for ourselves to hit the talks we are most interested in. It is a real time saver and adds to efficiency.

Most of what I described above is available for Android as well. Omnifocus is Mac only but that may be the only one that is.
    12-20-13 07:27 AM
    Sorry for being a bit late responding to these good questions. I posted elsewhere on apps I use. Here is a link:

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ml#post9503177

Thanks for this. Curious to think where BBM Groups will go. They have limited task management here. We use it a bit. Ditto for Evernote. That should catch up to other platforms. Again, BB10 is evolving pretty quickly. Let's see where it goes.
    12-20-13 02:43 PM
165 ... 567