10-12-12 05:02 PM
    The person who wrote that article doesn't seem to know much about RIM/BlackBerry10/app sales...
    Here is what I commented to him:
    I'm sorry Ryan, but BlackBerry 10 is not just an "update to the aging OS". Please try learning something about the product. IT IS A BRAND NEW OS. It has NOTHING at all to do with, or has any part of, the old BBOS [in it].
    I also think you'll find that RIM have said that if a developer makes $1000 in a year from their app, they'll increase that to $10,000, not add on an additional $10K
    As for the numbers you noted, you didn't seem to acknowledge that a part of the lower overall percentage of the market is that the market has grown (not just that RIM has lost market share), which does go in some way to explain the numbers. You also seem to have forgotten to mention that actual BlackBerry subscriber numbers have increased by ... well lets say "a lot" over the past year, despite not releasing any new hardware. Therefore, despite their overal market share decreasing, their customer number have increased.
    I think that maybe their future may just not be as dark as you seem to be trying to put accross.
    Si.
    esk369, jakie55, loreburne and 1 others like this.
    10-12-12 05:20 PM
    I'm sorry Ryan, but BlackBerry 10 is not just an "update to the aging OS". Please try learning something about the product. IT IS A BRAND NEW OS. It has NOTHING at all to do with, or has any part of, the old BBOS
    And this is exactly why I keep stating that RIM should put as much distance between BB10 and their old devices - and one of the most effective ways to do it is by their naming convention. The only name RIM should keep is "Blackberry", everything else should be tossed out the window... including "BB10".

I know many people at work (in IT to boot) that assumed BB10 OS was an upgrade of their current BB7 ... even after the saw the videos they assumed it would run on their 9900.
    RIM needs to let people easily know and have them assume by default that what's coming out is NOT the same old Blackberry device. Naming it "BB10" doesn't help at all.
    They also shouldn't use Bold, Curve, Torch, etc etc. Bring NOTHING over except "Blackberry".

Their new devices shouldn't look the same either.

It's such a simple thing that will help them, but they just don't get it.
    loreburne likes this.
    10-12-12 05:33 PM
    Sorry Ryan, you spewed a lot of negative numbers there but masterfully avoided the positive ones. RIM, no doubt, has their issues but you've placed yourself among the people who seem to of have written them off already and more than ever that's showing to be a bad side.

They've been making huge changes within and they're no longer resting. As for what folks have seen of BlackBerry 10 thus far, it's only been what RIM wants you to see -- there is plenty more in store for BlackBerry 10 ready for when the time comes.
    My thoughts.
    loreburne and esk369 like this.
    10-12-12 05:34 PM
    Funny article! Thanks for the post. From what I have seen, BB10 is bringing a lot to the table. Face to face communication with BBM across international boarders, at no additional charge. This device is designed for the worldly. RIM is positioning itself by breaking down walls internationally.

Of course the first units are going to be high end. Which means I will have to save some coin. That's OK.

Anything worth while is worth waiting for.

In the meantime I am very happy with the 9930. A very under rated device in my opinion. It's not like I am buying an Iphone5, identical to the last one excepting physical dimensions.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    esk369 and loreburne like this.
    10-12-12 06:11 PM
    @bla1ze.
    Sorry Ryan, you spewed a lot of negative numbers there but masterfully avoided the positive ones. RIM, no doubt, has their issues but you've placed yourself among the people who seem to of have written them off already and more than ever that's showing to be a bad side.

"They've been making huge changes within and they're no longer resting. As for what folks have seen of BlackBerry 10 thus far, it's only been what RIM wants you to see -- there is plenty more in store for BlackBerry 10 ready for when the time comes."]

This garbage Pee's me off.
    Masterfully? Maybe deceptively definitely just another TOOL on the lets trash rim train and the whole developer bribery thing thats just over the top its called a smart business move I wonder how many of these hack writers take a bribe to write these all biased all bash all the time articles?
    That would be the definition of bribery and for people that don't think that sort of stuff goes on in just about any industry.
    Its like I said in a different post its sickening that some of these so called journalists write these pieces with almost giddy glee about how rim sux and their immnent demise I mean they just stop short of saying I can't wait for rim to fail or I pray for rim to fail every night before bed.
    I personally if for no other reason want bbx to be such a smash hit just turn it completely around and be a huge success if for no other reason just to shut these azzis up once and for all.
    And then watch more then a few of them jump on the bandwagon and find a new most favorite whipping boy.
    Rim is the little kid in the school yard getting bullied at every turn.
    Again if for no other reason I hope bbx turns the little bullied kid into a monster to crush his tormentors.
    10-13-12 10:44 AM
    I got no problem with the facts good bad or ugly.
    Its no secret that rim is in trouble but as a journalist its your job to report on a story objectively don't just give one side of the story give all the angles thats journalist integrity leave the sarcasm and one liners to the local sports writers the gossip columnists and the comedians.
    10-13-12 10:55 AM
    I had to leave my comment for MR. Peison just thought I'd share. you are a complete tool.
    Rim is bribing developers is that a joke?
    I'm sure there is no bribery or payola in your industry have you ever considered being unbiased and objective in your journalism or do you just cater to other Mobil platform fanboiz or whomever your master is go back to terrestrial radio I'm sure you would do a great job pressing the fart button on a morning zoo style radio show because as a journalist you suc.
    If for no other reason I hope bbx is a huge success just to be able to rub in your face.
    Btw I hope rim sues you for slander for the bribery accusation nothing would make me happier.
    I wonder do you pray for rim to fail every night before you go to sleep?
    U R A TOOL.
    10-13-12 11:26 AM