Hello all!

I am going to get my first BlackBerry in a few days but am stuck deciding which one to get! I've read the "Choosing the right Blackberry" in the BlackBerry Help section of the forum but still left me wondering which BlackBerry I want.

I am currently with Verizon and plan on staying with Verizon since it offers the best coverage in my area. I am currently a college student working part-time so having a BlackBerry would allow me to receive my school email without having to check via computer every few hours.

The three BlackBerries I am stuck between are Curve 8530, Tour, Storm2. I tried to break it down with pros and cons from my quick testing at the Verizon store but still can not come to a decision so any help is appreciated!

Curve 8530:
    [Pros] Keyboard is easy to type on; Track pad is very nice compared to the track ball
    [Cons] Feels cheap, Camera not too great

Tour 9630:
    [Pros] Amazing screen; feels very well built, Camera w/flash is nice
    [Cons] Track ball is eh;

Storm2:
    [Pros] Nice screen, Touch,
    [Cons] Not very good at typing on

I like certain features from each BlackBerry which makes it hard for me to pick. I might not be good at typing on the Storm2 because I've never had a Touch Screen device yet. My friend has the Storm2 and said that I'll get used to it fast but still unsure of it.

What made you pick the BlackBerry you have now? What do you think I should get?

Thanks for the help!
    11-20-09 10:58 PM
    If it was up to me, I'd go with the Tour. Honestly, I prefer the trackball over the trackpad. The S2 has a nice large screen but I am not fond of touchscreen phones and the 8530 has no flash and has a trackpad but I would definately go with the Tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 11:09 PM
    I have a 8900. I love the phone so much because it is sleek, smart, and it has WiFi. The only downside to the phone is that it doesn't support 3G. The 8900 also isn't too big in the pocket, and has really good battery life. Its fast and really a joy to use. And once you load .348? Then your talking!!
    11-20-09 11:23 PM
    well with many storm 1s under my belt and verizon sending me a storm 2, I think you would be happy with the storm 2. I have not had one problem and since it now has electronic clicking (4 sensors) it is now an awesome blackberry. I have 6 email accounts set up on her and she gets the mail every day.
    11-20-09 11:52 PM
    The storm 2 looks like a nice phone, but after having an original storm Im staying away. I would recommend the tour since its reliable and the keyboard is great.
    Last edited by hondateg91; 11-21-09 at 12:02 AM.
    11-20-09 11:58 PM
    I quite like the curve
    11-21-09 06:37 AM
    id go 4 the tour its super nice the design is great i just love tthe looks of it its all a matter of what u want i like to flash so thats why i would take the tour coz it looks nicer!! sooo whats your verdict!!!
    11-21-09 09:53 AM
    If typing on it is the only con for you on the Storm 2, I would say pick that device as that will go away. After using it, you'll get accustomed to it. Now... if you're looking for the fastest typing possible, then that won't happen on the storm.

I think you would appreciate the larger screen more as a college student. You'll be able to look at the web, documents, pics/vids & othe media better on a bigger screen.

If the Storm2 had UMTS (9520), I'd have it right now. Hopefully Rogers or AT&T picks it up soon.
    11-21-09 10:09 AM
    I need to replace my 8700 and would do so now if Rogers had the 9520. I am trying to decide between the the 9700 (bold) and 9520. The problem with the 9550 carried by Telus is that it does not support the HSPA network so I would sacrifice speed. I think I am correct in thinking the 9520 is supported o n Rogers HSPA network.

Since I am used to a keyboard I need to try a storm2 and get a feel for it before I decide. I won't wait several months, but if the 9520 is arriving at rogers before Christmas, I would evaluate it. Rogers, of course, does not pre-announce devices.
    11-22-09 08:29 PM
    u cant go wrong wiht a bold 9000
    11-22-09 08:36 PM
    I need to replace my 8700 and would do so now if Rogers had the 9520. I am trying to decide between the the 9700 (bold) and 9520. The problem with the 9550 carried by Telus is that it does not support the HSPA network so I would sacrifice speed. I think I am correct in thinking the 9520 is supported o n Rogers HSPA network.

Since I am used to a keyboard I need to try a storm2 and get a feel for it before I decide. I won't wait several months, but if the 9520 is arriving at rogers before Christmas, I would evaluate it. Rogers, of course, does not pre-announce devices.
    I think your a bit mixed... I think you mean the 8520, not 9520. If you want to get full use out of the HSPA then go with the bold 9700. I played with it at the store and it is amazingly fast on their new network. Even without the HSPA network, you shouldn't count out the storm. I have a storm 9530, my wife has a tour, and now that I'm used to the touch screen I can type much faster on my Storm than the Tour. I'm also a mechanic with big fat fingers
    11-22-09 08:44 PM
    Go for the tour.

Storm's touch screen is no good.
    11-23-09 03:17 AM
    Go for the tour.

Storm's touch screen is no good.

Mind if I ask what you've based this on?? I had the S1 right after release and sure it wasn't what they had cracked it up to be, but after all the software releases and moving to 5.0 it's awesome, and if your referring to all the click issues, I personally have never had any. That being said, since getting my S2 on release day, I've never looked back. The whole screen technology is WAY better than the 1st Storm and speed is awesome, no lagging, memory is thru the roof, not to mention the OpenGL capabilities and new browser in the works. The S2 is a great phone with alot to offer and I guess what I'm saying is if your gonna give an opinion to the OP, then at least explain your reasoning why the "touch screen is no good" because that could very well be a personal preference and not that of the OP.
    11-23-09 06:41 AM
    I don't think you could go wrong with any of those 3 phones. I would opt for the S2, because I prefer the touch, the large screen, and the bonus of having wifi. The 8530 also has wifi, but as you correctly pointed out the camera is not as good.
    11-23-09 07:56 AM
    if you prefer touchscreen get the S2,otherwise TOUR is the one to go for
    11-23-09 11:55 AM
    To all those vouching for the Tour, isn't the 9700 the exact same thing (perhaps a little better) but with an amazing trackpad over the dirty trackball?
    11-23-09 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD