I am thinking of replacing my current cell phone with the BB 9900 at AT & T, and I was wondering if this is a better deal than the Apple Iphone ? I guess that I have a great deal of experience with both high end BB as well as with the BB 8310 curve and there were a lot of things that I liked about the curve - probably only reason that I no longer use it is the processor got to be to slow. Any recommendations that people can recomment I would definitely appreciate.
    12-28-11 11:14 AM
    There is no iPhone5 yet. The latest iPhone is the 4S.

Only you can determine what is best for your needs (physical vs virtual keypad, apps you use, etc).

You should go to the store and try both devices and see which one fits your needs better. There are also many sources that provide information about the specifications and features of both devices.

There is no "better deal" that applies to everyone. Each user has his own needs, and what is better for one person might be worse for another.

You have to make your own decision.
    SFWriter likes this.
    12-28-11 11:18 AM
    I wasn't aware that the iphone 5 had been released yet, however thats a choice that the user needs to make.....today we have lots of choices
    12-28-11 11:22 AM
    Just want to add that a rumored reason for the delay of the iPhone 5 is that the chipset they want to use isn't coming out until Q2 of next year. lol

RIM says it and they are liars, lol. List of rumors can be found on computerworld.com
    recompile likes this.
    12-28-11 11:31 AM
    I wasn't aware that the iphone 5 had been released yet, however thats a choice that the user needs to make.....today we have lots of choices
    It can be confusing, since iOS 5 is available (and will even run on the iPhone 3GS). However, when the iPhone 5 will actually be released is not yet known at this point.
    12-28-11 11:36 AM
    Get the 9900 and the playbook as it's now on sale.

If you need a better camera you could also look at the 9810.
    12-28-11 03:26 PM
    If the iPhone 5 won't have a bigger screen, then I'd easily go for a bb again.
    Last edited by luqman24; 12-28-11 at 05:56 PM.
    12-28-11 05:50 PM
    you mean..................
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzsBwnv_dAg[/YT]

that isnt real?
    12-28-11 06:01 PM

that isnt real?
    For me, TAT's concept videos look more realistic than this one
    recompile likes this.
    12-28-11 07:04 PM

that isnt real?

That video is very cool. But it comes from an animation studio. This is a concept and every phone manufacturer plays with stuff like this - an almost nothing phone, a single line drawn on a sheet of paper...and this idea of projecting a screen and keyboard was on which episode of Star Trek
    12-28-11 08:03 PM
    I'm sorry but the iPhone is not worthy of competing on the same ground as BlackBerry. It is a toy. The type of toy you have for two days, give to your brother and go crying back to your BlackBerry. Trust me on this one.

Now, get a BB. It can the Bold 9900 or the Torch 9810 (more proper camera, battery and bigger screen), just don't get an iPhone....
    12-28-11 09:18 PM
    I'm sorry but the iPhone is not worthy of competing on the same ground as BlackBerry. It is a toy. The type of toy you have for two days, give to your brother and go crying back to your BlackBerry. Trust me on this one.

Now, get a BB. It can the Bold 9900 or the Torch 9810 (more proper camera, battery and bigger screen), just don't get an iPhone....
    and yet the business sector is embracing it.
    12-28-11 11:07 PM

a toy LOL this is why this it's being implemented in businesses everywhere with IT departments ...

AND the bb is a business enterprise oriented phone... Always has been, but yet you want to say its better than the iPhone 4S in the camera and battery dept... Not happening ... As for the screen ? So what if it's .2 of an inch bigger, but what good is a bigger screen when the resolution and ppi isn't even close
    12-29-11 12:09 AM

lol. I guess it must be nice to be able to consider a $600 anything a toy. I know of dozens of administrators for a large school district and business owners that feel the iPhone is more productive for them compared to their BBs. Stop wtih the toy comments.
    12-29-11 02:04 AM
    I am thinking of replacing my current cell phone with the BB 9900 at AT & T, and I was wondering if this is a better deal than the Apple Iphone ? I guess that I have a great deal of experience with both high end BB as well as with the BB 8310 curve and there were a lot of things that I liked about the curve - probably only reason that I no longer use it is the processor got to be to slow. Any recommendations that people can recomment I would definitely appreciate.
    This post in another thread with the same topic should help with some things ....

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post6977259
    12-29-11 03:10 AM
    Reasons I switched to BB:

1. Keyboard
    2. BBM

In my opinion the BB is a better phone.
    12-29-11 08:53 AM
    I have similar problem with 9900

I might make a call and then the screen goes dark

I might send a text message the same thing occurs

Its really frustrating

I went to the local T Mobile shop where I bought mine and they said the only think they could do for me is send it for repairs and they would only give me a courtesy Nokia phone (just normal that I could send and receive text messages).

That really got to my nerves as I am under 2 yrs contract with Tmobile and I'm paying 40 pounds a month for services which includes emails...so why should they give me a Nokia that only sends and receives messages replacing a 500 pounds blackberry? And the manager claims I will have to wait for 1 month to get a replacement!!!

By the way this is my 7th blackberry and never had any problems with others. To be honest Im really questioning myself if I made the right decision buying this new 9900. Its really frustrating....If I knew about the problem first week I would have changed it but Its already 1 month since I bought it so they wont exchange it for me

The screen issue on 9900 is a big problem and RIM has to address it immediately otherwise I cant see a reason I should not get Galaxy or Iphone4s

I'm done with defending RIM and their sub standard phones
    12-29-11 09:33 AM

I don't trust you at all. I have had my iPhone for way more than 2 days. Your estimate is pretty far off.

Just because if doesn't work for you, or you fail to use it, don't assume everyone else will be the same way.

More proper camera? The 4S blows away every single BB camera to date. The iPhones screen is still higher resolution than the 9810.

The only thing arguably better on the 9810 is the software if you prefer BBOS. From a hardware standpoint, the 9810 doesn't come close to the 4S.
    Last edited by avt123; 12-29-11 at 10:26 AM.
    12-29-11 10:12 AM
    I would choose the IPhone, the style of the Bold is very outdated. The Torch would be a better choice if you choose to stay with Blackberry.
    12-29-11 10:23 AM
    If I made a comparison I would say the iPhone looks like a kitchen appliance and the Bold 9900 looks like a bling device for communicating
    12-29-11 04:44 PM
    Just want to add that a rumored reason for the delay of the iPhone 5 is that the chipset they want to use isn't coming out until Q2 of next year. lol

RIM says it and they are liars, lol. List of rumors can be found on computerworld.com
    Isn't there a difference between rumors and officially announced by the company CEO?

And again, the keyword here is Rumor.

War Is All We Know
    12-29-11 07:06 PM

It may not be "worthy" of competing against the Blackberry but that's what it seems to be doing.

I guess, here in the US atleast, more people want toys.

War Is All We Know
    llllBULLSEYE likes this.
    12-29-11 07:14 PM
    if it was me (again), it wouldnt be a choice. get a 9900, and a playbook to match. nothing in life is as good. i just switched from ios and im am apple tech for a living but once i used bridge and then sms bridge it was over.

it is soooooo worth it.
    12-29-11 07:52 PM
    yep America wants toy gadgets
    Heck pretty soon our car alarm pagers gonna
    have Android system on them. give you something
    to play with while you're waiting for your car doors
    to open.
    I'm joking, but this will probably happen the
    way we're going
    12-29-11 07:53 PM
    Well, Apple's iPhone 5 is still isn't here.....when the rumors about its arrival turns true, then you can opt for any that you like!!
    12-30-11 12:54 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD