I have 2 questions...

I was able to purchase chessmaster for my old blackberry pearl 8100 but I cannot find any chess game to download to my new 8900 curve.

Also... GPS... I have the internet package, I also want GPS I thought that came WITH the phone but Im seeing to find out you also have to pay for that as well?? TELEMAPS wateva its called $9.99 a month??

whats the deal? Id like to have chess back on my phone and know whats really good with the GPS situation.
    02-21-09 03:11 AM
    I don't know about chess, guess that game doesn't seem that much fun to me. But as far as GPS programs. It is all a matter of taste. Some use google maps, I use Garmins. But at a $99 price tag, it may be more than you are searching for. Nut it sure beats $9.99 a month for the 24 month contract!! But there is one catch to Garmins that turns people away. It is lifetime maps, that meaning the lifetime of the phone, not you. I talk to a garmin rep and he said if the phone had to be replaced, they would allow for one exception. I like the maps, they are very accurate and it works better than my Zumo 550. But the screen is small.
    02-21-09 05:36 AM
    I tried Amaze yesterday and it works very well and is free.

amAze - Free GPS Navigation for your mobile phone!
    02-21-09 06:49 AM
    Your chessmaster program should be transferrable to your new phone. Ty contacting the vendor and tell them you have a new phone.

I use Google Maps which is free and has a lot of fun extras like Latitude and various different views (map, satellite, street).

I use this as a backup as I also own a stand-alone GPS which cost me about the same as a GPS app for the phone and works a lot better.
    02-21-09 07:47 AM
    I tried Amaze yesterday and it works very well and is free.

amAze - Free GPS Navigation for your mobile phone!
    Works great on my wifes 8310. Cant get it to work on my 8900 keep getting error messages when going to Navige Route

Running OS .152 with .133 radio
    02-21-09 07:54 AM
    My question really is......... is that do you have to PAY to have GPS?
    I have a internet package I have to pay for already, but is the GPS another seperate thing I have to pay for?
    02-22-09 12:53 PM
    You do not have to pay to use your GPS on your device. You do have to pay to use the data on your data plan to download the maps that you use the GPS with. If you put your own time into it, you can use 3rd party applications to download maps to your device and then you do not have to use the data for the GPS.
    02-22-09 01:04 PM
    You do not have to pay to use your GPS on your device. You do have to pay to use the data on your data plan to download the maps that you use the GPS with. If you put your own time into it, you can use 3rd party applications to download maps to your device and then you do not have to use the data for the GPS.
    cool. recommend any 3rd party GPS apps for me???
    02-22-09 01:06 PM
    02-22-09 01:08 PM
    There's many, here are a few:

Google Maps
    Amaze
    Garmen
    MGMaps
    TrekBuddy

Just search around, plenty of thread talking about GPS and these and other GPS apps.
    02-22-09 01:11 PM
    I use AmAze for voice directions and google maps to map a route. I tried Garmin on a free trial, but it kept sending me the wrong way - not the way I knew to be the fastest route. The TMobile offered Telenav worked great, but I don't want to pay 10 more a month for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD