Why not just kill it without the Priv, probably more cost effective. He isn't obligated to give android a try
    02-29-16 09:02 AM
    Why not just kill it without the Priv, probably more cost effective. He isn't obligated to give android a try
    That doesn't make a very good conspiracy theory does it?
    02-29-16 09:08 AM
    Switching to the Priv is consistent with what I said. It looks good on paper that they still have hand sets, yet they only need a fraction of the r&d cost.
    02-29-16 09:18 AM
    Chen's actual "soul purpose " is to get up on that thing and dance till he feels better.
    Last edited by pdizzle27; 02-29-16 at 10:32 AM.
    02-29-16 09:20 AM
    Hindsight is always 20/20. Looking back, I appreciate BB's effort to hugely promote and push the new BB10. I think the reason why BB10 and BlackBerry in general just crashed and collapsed is that the general public just doesn't seem to accept it well enough to keep BlackBerry alive. I still think BlackBerry needs new blood for promotion team tbh. Look at those ads for Priv, the device designed and produced with the sole purpose to save BlackBerry from sinking but... gentlemen, it's been a real pleasure playing with you.

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 09:55 AM
    Hindsight is always 20/20. Looking back, I appreciate BB's effort to hugely promote and push the new BB10. I think the reason why BB10 and BlackBerry in general just crashed and collapsed is that the general public just doesn't seem to accept it well enough to keep BlackBerry alive. I still think BlackBerry needs new blood for promotion team tbh. Look at those ads for Priv, the device designed and produced with the sole purpose to save BlackBerry from sinking but... gentlemen, it's been a real pleasure playing with you.

Posted via CB10
    It's not hindsight for me. I said it pretty early in Chen's reign, several times on Crackberry. I'm not claiming it's prophetic, just obvious to anyone that's been through it. After he's done cutting everything, they'll bring in someone else.
    02-29-16 10:38 AM
    Most of BlackBerry's profit came from hard ware so they had better pull there socks up. If they plan to make up the loss not that it's much anymore. BlackBerry needed to show that they had apps. I was worried and put off buying a bb10 phone. I just took the plunge one day. And have never looked back. It has all the apps I need.

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 10:50 AM
    Chen's "sole" purpose in the Android venture, was because the hardware division has been on life support for far too long already, and all other methods of resuscitation ended in failure. The Android venture is just an experimental medicine as a Hail Mary attempt to revive it since all other available options had proven ineffective.
    I think it was also a stop gap - since handsets still produce a decent percentage of BBRY's revenue, keep the revenue going as frugally as possible until software took hold.
    app_Developer and JeepBB like this.
    02-29-16 10:50 AM
    Most of BlackBerry's profit came from hard ware so they had better pull there socks up. If they plan to make up the loss not that it's much anymore. BlackBerry needed to show that they had apps. I was worried and put off buying a bb10 phone. I just took the plunge one day. And have never looked back. It has all the apps I need.

Posted via CB10
    I thought a major portions of their profits had always been software, particularly BIS which carriers hated.

Posted via CB10
    dolco likes this.
    02-29-16 01:06 PM
    Chen's actual "soul purpose " is to get up on that thing and dance till he feels better.
    I feel good!

*A3-A20
    pdizzle27 and DrBoomBotz like this.
    02-29-16 07:49 PM
    In a dead kind of way.
    Well me Q was around prior to and outlasted one of my bandmate's near bricked iPhone which he has sheepishly replaced by a $hiny newer, bigger one. He hasn't made fun of my BlackBerry since.

Clicked alive via Q5.

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 09:03 PM
    Well me Q was around prior to and outlasted one of my bandmate's near bricked iPhone which he has sheepishly replaced by a $hiny newer, bigger one. He hasn't made fun of my BlackBerry since.

Clicked alive via Q5.

Posted via CB10
    Q5 = zombie!
    02-29-16 09:07 PM
    Q5 = zombie!
    Zombie device file manager now transferring remotely recorded mp3 and wav files tracks. Gotta love these SD cards for storage on this mini zombie. Don't know what to do with this one renegade silly mp4 file just sent from said $hiny bigger iPhone but I digress....

Have you ever wondered why people continually post on a dead platform website when they have no interest in the product? Creepier than zombies if you ask me...

Recording jive on the Q5.

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 09:22 PM
    I thought a major portions of their profits had always been software, particularly BIS which carriers hated.

Posted via CB10
    This is exactly the case. BlackBerry profits have always been software driven. They always sold hardware like the printers companies do, low to no profit margin and make profits on the ink. With BB10, they lost their main profit stream. That is why previous management had waited so long to develop BB10 (and give up BB7 with BIS revenue) and lost the OS war before a not ready for prime time BB10 was even introduced.

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 09:28 PM
    I still own a q10 daily driver just replaced my second screen 2 weeks ago...am just pointing out the facts at this point if no new devices are comming then this is the end

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 09:38 PM
    I still own a q10 daily driver just replaced my second screen 2 weeks ago...am just pointing out the facts at this point if no new devices are comming then this is the end

Posted via CB10
    The end of what HW, BB10 or both?

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 09:39 PM
    The end of what HW, BB10 or both?

Posted via CB10
    Both sadly

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 09:47 PM
    Both sadly

Posted via CB10
    As long as the company survives....

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 09:53 PM
    Indeed. If he wanted to kill phones, he could have killed phones in 2013. Instead he oversaw the release of the Classic, the Passport, the Priv, and (possibly) Vienna. That's a lot of time and money spent to achieve his goal of not selling anymore phones.

But you should stop using logic. Crackberry is beneath Occam's Razor.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    03-01-16 05:22 AM
    As long as the company survives....

Posted via CB10
    Tbh, without hardware of any sort, the company will be dead to most people. If they bow out of hardware, will the average consumer even care what comes of them? I dunno.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 05:45 AM
    Tbh, without hardware of any sort, the company will be dead to most people. If they bow out of hardware, will the average consumer even care what comes of them? I dunno.

Posted via CB10
    Does it matter then? They will be dealing with enterprise accounts and IoT needs.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 05:53 AM
    Does it matter then? They will be dealing with enterprise accounts and IoT needs.

Posted via CB10
    True, I meant more along the lines of will there be a need for CrackBerry etc. Can't really see many people discussing enterprise and IOT the same way lol.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 05:58 AM
    True, I meant more along the lines of will there be a need for CrackBerry etc. Can't really see many people discussing enterprise and IOT the same way lol.

Posted via CB10
    Got it and agreed. Will be a sad day! Glad Priv updates are rollling out and Verizon will offer it soon at least.

Posted via CB10
    tufcustomer likes this.
    03-01-16 06:29 AM
    Zombie device file manager now transferring remotely recorded mp3 and wav files tracks. Gotta love these SD cards for storage on this mini zombie. Don't know what to do with this one renegade silly mp4 file just sent from said $hiny bigger iPhone but I digress....

Have you ever wondered why people continually post on a dead platform website when they have no interest in the product? Creepier than zombies if you ask me...

Recording jive on the Q5.

Posted via CB10
    Aww....common. Zombies are popular right now. Have some fun with it!

As far as why people still come here (though I don't believe a reason is needed):
    1. Freedom to do so
    2. Long time Blackberry user
    3. Enjoy conversing with my Canadian friends across the border (you're not a Leafs fan, are you?)
    03-01-16 06:52 AM
    Indeed. If he wanted to kill phones, he could have killed phones in 2013. Instead he oversaw the release of the Classic, the Passport, the Priv, and (possibly) Vienna. That's a lot of time and money spent to achieve his goal of not selling anymore phones.

But you should stop using logic. Crackberry is beneath Occam's Razor.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    Using Amazon for consumers as an app source was a major fail.
    03-01-16 12:36 PM
54 123