Again, Priv is an abomination that Chen created and it is not selling. Less than 1 million unit sold for more than 6 months? You really screwed up big time, Chen.

Anyway, please help me sign the petition to call for John Chen's resignation once the petition is ready, thanks guys! #chenout

Posted via CB10
    You do understand that Chen was specifically hired by the board to steer the company away from devices, yes?

Android is a much, much cheaper way for them to keep their toe in devices, which does give them some small leverage when selling their EMM solution. It too may not be enough, but BB10 certainly was not working - not even close.
    07-04-16 10:42 AM
    You do understand that Chen was specifically hired by the board to steer the company away from devices, yes?

Android is a much, much cheaper way for them to keep their toe in devices, which does give them some small leverage when selling their EMM solution. It too may not be enough, but BB10 certainly was not working - not even close.
    You could tell them 1000 times and they still won't get it or believe it.
    07-04-16 12:06 PM
    But the Priv failed in the market, therefore all BB10 devices are runaway successes by comparison!!!!!1111
    conite, Jerry A and Asvertus like this.
    07-04-16 12:17 PM
    But the Priv failed in the market, therefore all BB10 devices are runaway successes by comparison!!!!!1111
    Yes!!! I am pretty sure BlackBerry 10 devices sold more than 1 million units in less than 6 months, Priv is just a joke, even the name already suggests it. #chenout #petition

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-04-16 07:34 PM
    Yes!!! I am pretty sure BlackBerry 10 devices sold more than 1 million units in less than 6 months, Priv is just a joke, even the name already suggests it. #chenout #petition

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Yes, let's all remember the golden age that BlackBerry had under Thorsten Heins.
    JeepBB and CHIP72 like this.
    07-04-16 07:52 PM
    Yes!!! I am pretty sure BlackBerry 10 devices sold more than 1 million units in less than 6 months
    Source?
    07-04-16 08:21 PM
    Of course it's a conspiracy, there's a conspiracy between Chen, Watsa, Heins, the carriers, every developer for every platform in the world, Microsoft, Apple, Google, the Chinese, the NSA, lizard people and the Girl Scouts to keep BB10 down, for some reason.

Much easier to believe than the preposterous idea that BB10 failed and the OP's delusion is shared by few outside CrackBerry.
    It's not "Lizard people" You're thinking TV show stuff. It's Lizard Squad... Lizard Squad.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 11:37 PM
    Shh. We're not supposed to talk about our lizard overlords.
    It's not "Lizard Overlords", it's "Lizard Squad".... Lizard Squad.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 11:41 PM
    I don't know of any BlackBerry users who didn't want to see BB10 mature and grow.
    But it was a near disaster on a number of levels and that's the end of it.
    You can ***** and moan, live in denial and fantasize, put it on a pedestal, tout security, whatever.
    But it's over. Finished. Done.
    Get used to it, because that reality is not changing.
    What is it about that, that people don't understand?

Posted via CB10
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    07-04-16 11:51 PM
    Chen has not considered what traditional fans need about a real blackberry device as they have already had with Bold, Curve,... Now Chen may just consider how much profits BlackBerry could earn in each his decision about flagship BB devices or the next generation of BB devices. That may cause BB fans broken out.

Posted via BlackBerry
    07-05-16 12:30 AM
    Chen has not considered what traditional fans need about a real blackberry device as they have already had with Bold, Curve,... Now Chen may just consider how much profits BlackBerry could earn in each his decision about flagship BB devices or the next generation of BB devices. That may cause BB fans broken out.

Posted via BlackBerry
    U mean Priv running on SD808-branded heat generator? Well played my friend...

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 05:59 AM

Posted via BlackBerry
    That's what the Classic is, it was practically made with fan input and brought back the toolbelt, keyboard shortcuts (which is a pretty big deal considering BB10 was basically built on gestures), etc.
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    07-05-16 09:42 AM
    That's what the Classic is, it was practically made with fan input and brought back the toolbelt, keyboard shortcuts (which is a pretty big deal considering BB10 was basically built on gestures), etc.
    Keyboard shortcuts wasn't unique to the Classic, Passport had it. My Passport friend swears by it, and was the first thing he asked me if the Priv has it.
    07-05-16 10:13 AM

Posted via BlackBerry
    The time to think about transitioning BB fans (those BBOS users that were at one time close to 80 million) was back befroe BB10 launched.

At this point the market for PKB devcies is pretty small, and those special BlackBerry shortcuts just aren't going to sell phones. The biggest selling feature for BBOS was 1) Device management and email made simple 2) BlackBerry data plans and low data usage. Without those BlackBerry is just a small company selling uncompetitive products....
    07-05-16 10:27 AM
    Keyboard shortcuts wasn't unique to the Classic, Passport had it. My Passport friend swears by it, and was the first thing he asked me if the Priv has it.
    Yup, all devices have it now but shortcuts were introduced with 10.3.1 on the Classic,

A quick look at some new features coming in BlackBerry 10.3.1 | CrackBerry.com
    07-05-16 10:56 AM
    Reading comprehension seems to be a lost art lol.

Never said what was worrying to me or what wasn't. The point is that everyone gets a chance to judge what is important to them personally and act accordingly.

But now that you ask, I choose to go Google free simply because I don't wish to be a part of their way of doing business. Just a personal choice and I think it's fine for others to decide to go the Google route if they wish.

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    This. There seems to be confusion about what Google selling your data means.
    If they use my clicks to make money from ads, they sell my data.
    The clicks I do reflect my education, my interests, my opinions and my knowledge. They are my IP, just like Google's search engine is Google IP which they don't share with anybody else.

Luckily, I don't use Google search and always delete my history after visiting websites. You can still be on the grid and avoid Google, but it requires dedication and extra effort.
    Like you wrote. People make their choices based on how they value their data
    Last edited by sorinv; 07-06-16 at 11:32 AM.
    07-06-16 11:22 AM
    Source?
    Blackberry quarterly reports for the past 3 years. Unless you assume that all phones sold between February 2013 and November 2015 were all BBOS devices manufactured more than three years ago.
    07-06-16 11:25 AM
    Blackberry quarterly reports for the past 3 years. Unless you assume that all phones sold between February 2013 and November 2015 were all BBOS devices manufactured more than three years ago.
    The other poster said 1 million in less than 6 months but you're more than welcome to provide links to those reports.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    07-06-16 12:04 PM
    Luckily, I don't use Google search and always delete my history after visiting websites. You can still be on the grid and avoid Google, but it requires dedication and extra effort.
    Do you also refuse to send email to anyone who uses Gmail? Also, guess what, anything you post on the internet is indexed by Google. You'd be surprised at the profile someone could build using just your posts and profile from this website.
    07-06-16 04:28 PM
    Do you also refuse to send email to anyone who uses Gmail? Also, guess what, anything you post on the internet is indexed by Google. You'd be surprised at the profile someone could build using just your posts and profile from this website.
    Don't forget about hoping that anyone he knows doesn't use Google.

But why only Google? Why not Bing? Or Yahoo? Or even Wolfram? Seriously, why not any vendor whose TOS says they'll use or sell your data?

Singling out a particular vendor seems more like sour grapes about the competition than truly "protecting" oneself.
    cribble2k likes this.
    07-06-16 07:41 PM
    Don't forget about hoping that anyone he knows doesn't use Google.

But why only Google? Why not Bing? Or Yahoo? Or even Wolfram? Seriously, why not any vendor whose TOS says they'll use or sell your data?

Singling out a particular vendor seems more like sour grapes about the competition than truly "protecting" oneself.
    I certainly would not talk specifically about anyone in particular, but there is no doubt that this is true for some. They don't even know how Google works, as evidenced by the incorrect comments, but they must be "evil".
    07-06-16 07:56 PM
    I certainly would not talk specifically about anyone in particular, but there is no doubt that this is true for some. They don't even know how Google works, as evidenced by the incorrect comments, but they must be "evil".
    I'll go one further and venture that they've never read BlackBerry's TOS. Or even remember that BlackBerry had their own ad business doing exactly what Google gets vilified for doing.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    cribble2k likes this.
    07-06-16 08:03 PM
    This. There seems to be confusion about what Google selling your data means.
    If they use my clicks to make money from ads, they sell my data.
    The clicks I do reflect my education, my interests, my opinions and my knowledge. They are my IP, just like Google's search engine is Google IP which they don't share with anybody else.

Like you wrote. People make their choices based on how they value their data
    There isn't any confusion on what Google does with users' data, they spell it out quite clearly in their TOS. The only thing they sell is advertising space.
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-07-16 01:54 AM
    In terms of profitability, the smartphone boom was a one-time event as people entered the market. Apple won the game, and the game is now over. The market share winner is Android, but Apple took the lion's share of actual profits.

Now, it's a game of marginal profits and one upmanship for the consumer electronics giants, including Apple.

Blackberry has no role to play as a manufacturer in the current market. They would like to continue with (Android) devices for strategic reasons, but they will never be a major player, and they understand that, even if their hardware fan base does not.

Posted via CB10
    CHIP72 likes this.
    07-07-16 12:48 PM
    Saying that one horrible failure was ten times better than another horrible failure isn't accomplishing much.
    Concur. For better or worse, it appears BlackBerry has hitched its hardware wagon to Android and Google. If this flops, my guess is we won't see much more in the way of consumer market personal communication devices from them.
    07-07-16 01:55 PM
241 ... 78910