BB10 was black, smelly and gangrenous by the time Chen took over.
    That's racist! lol

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    06-28-16 06:18 PM
    That's racist!
    Against whom? Zombies?
    DrBoomBotz, JeepBB and jegs2 like this.
    06-28-16 06:49 PM
    Against whom? Zombies?
    Against Smurfs.

06-28-16 06:55 PM
    Why, Whats the problem with Blackberry's Android? Lets exclude the Priv's Official Price from the discussion.
    I don't buy BlackBerries running Android. I only buy BlackBerries strictly for BlackBerry 10.
    06-28-16 06:57 PM
    Against Smurfs.

Who doesn't like Smurfs?
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    06-28-16 07:06 PM
    Who doesn't like Smurfs?
    Gargamel?
    06-28-16 07:12 PM
    Gargamel?
    He probably uses an iPhone too.
    Elephant_Canyon and JeepBB like this.
    06-28-16 07:18 PM
    BB10 was black, smelly and gangrenous by the time Chen took over.
    It amazes me that January-November 2013 is a golden age in the (diseased) minds of some here...

It's simple, BB10 was being sold in the millions and had amazing app support under the guiding hand of the genius Thorsten Heins until mean old Adolf Chen showed up.
    JeepBB and Jerry A like this.
    06-28-16 07:21 PM
    No, Chen's neglect was a deliberate attempt to abandon the BBRY hardware division. And along the way to full abandonment, shareholders basically forced his hand to put out an Android device. Chen's response was the PRIV, which he also positioned to flop.
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    06-28-16 07:31 PM
    I guess Blackberry couldn't sucker anyone into buying their overpriced devices...
    Nope, BlackBerry doesn't use the right sucker bait. Calling a phone the Priv still stuns me.

In fact, I can't think of one marketing move ever by BlackBerry that I could call successful.

I really do like their products.... on sale that is.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 08:11 PM
    I wouldn't mind if he just says it out loud "BlackBerry 10 is dead", instead, he has been giving mixed signals to keep people hanging, that's **** up! Take 10.3.3 for example, delayed from May to June, now it's already end of June and yet not a word was mentioned! Well done John Chen for screwing up BlackBerry again!

Posted via CB10
    I have been a long time loyalist of BlackBerry and most recently BB10. Although 10.3.3 seems to offer no more than security updates, any update to the OS is welcome with hopes of something more. What really disappoints me here, is BlackBerry has again missed another deadline with no explanation or update to their loyal customer base! If I did that with my customers, I would be fired! CHEN: Listen up please!

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 08:25 PM
    What really disappoints me here, is BlackBerry has again missed another deadline with no explanation or update to their loyal customer base! If I did that with my customers, I would be fired! CHEN: Listen up please!

Posted via CB10
    There was an explanation. Chen said it was in the hands of NIAP, and is beyond their control.
    06-28-16 08:42 PM
    It's already cleared NIAP and released to developers. Another BlackBerry Fail. I am loosing confidence in this company and its lack of respect to its loyalist.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 08:49 PM
    It's already cleared NIAP
    [citation needed]
    06-28-16 08:51 PM
    I have been a long time loyalist of BlackBerry and most recently BB10. Although 10.3.3 seems to offer no more than security updates, any update to the OS is welcome with hopes of something more. What really disappoints me here, is BlackBerry has again missed another deadline with no explanation or update to their loyal customer base! If I did that with my customers, I would be fired! CHEN: Listen up please!

Posted via CB10
    They've been pretty transparent for both delays,

BlackBerry 10.3.3 update pushed to mid-June | MobileSyrup.com

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-july-1077956/
    06-29-16 12:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    So... you're ticked off because an update that you HOPE will bring something new is late? Even though there's little to no chance of there being anything new? Even though the leak which some people installed showed nothing new?

On top of that... if 10.3.3 were ready for release, IT WOULD BE RELEASED! They're not sitting on it for prosperity. If it were released today, and was buggy and unstable and incomplete, would you then be happy? If it prevented your phone from working and you had no way to downgrade back to 10.3.2 and had to wait for a major update to restore your phone, would you be happy? Sure sounds like it!

"Loyal customers" indeed. Like I've said before, nobody wants Blackberry to fail more than its "loyal customers."
    06-29-16 08:31 AM
    Well, the launch of BB10 was 10 times more successful than the launch of the android Priv.
    Saying that one horrible failure was ten times better than another horrible failure isn't accomplishing much.
    06-29-16 08:34 AM
    Then why wasn't there a billion-dollar write-down of unsold Priv inventory?
    Caused they learned from their mistakes? If they had of produced as many Privs as Z10 devices, the right down would have been larger. BB should have never made as many Z10 devices as they did.
    06-29-16 12:47 PM
    No, Chen's neglect was a deliberate attempt to abandon the BBRY hardware division. And along the way to full abandonment, shareholders basically forced his hand to put out an Android device. Chen's response was the PRIV, which he also positioned to flop.
    Chen doesn't understand consumer hardware and wants out so he is doing what he can by tanking the hardware division without making it look like he is doing it on purpose. He is succeeding.
    06-29-16 12:53 PM
    1 Android phone and it's a failure. Multiple BB10 phones and we look for excuses.

I'm not saying Android will be the answer, but you have to give it an equal chance. The end might be the same anyways.
    Priv vs. Z10. Z10 sold in much higher numbers than Priv did in the Forst 6 months. Z10 was expensive. I paid 750 CAD for it at a time, in February 2013 the CAD. Was 90 cents US or higher.
    06-29-16 01:15 PM
    Saying that one horrible failure was ten times better than another horrible failure isn't accomplishing much.
    Z10 and Bb10 were original, creative, an entire ecosystem which would have evolved and sold better if the BlackBerry board had been behind it longer than just 6 months.

Priv and android made no sense in 2013 and make no sense now.
    Android by BlackBerry was dead on arrival (as I and others have pointed out a year ago) and any other android phone by BlackBerry (if they are so dumm to proceed with them) will be an even bigger failure than the Priv.

It makes no economic and strategic sense for a Canadian company to compete with Chinese companies or with US companies when they have me-too products like android by BlackBerry.

History has demonstrated that Canadian high tech companies are successful only when they have revolutionary products that no other companies can compete with.

This was true of Nortel when they introduced digital switches in the 1970's and when they introduced 10Gb/s fiberoptics networks in the 1990's.
    It was also true of BlackBerry in the early and mid 2000's when nobody could compete with them.

A bean counter like Chen will never be a visionary. He cannot create anything as the past 2.5 years have proven. He has cut costs, it's now time for him to be kicked out because he has failed every single one of his goals, despite making them easier every quarter.

Someone creative and with a vision should be hired instead, although I doubt that anyone can save BlackBerry now.
    togarika and silversmith75 like this.
    06-29-16 01:25 PM
    Z10 and Bb10 were original, creative, an entire ecosystem which would have evolved and sold better if the BlackBerry board had been behind it longer than just 6 months.

Android by BlackBerry was dead on arrival (as I and others have pointed out a year ago) and any other android phone by BlackBerry (if they are so dumm to proceed with them) will be an even bigger failure than the Priv.

It makes no economic and strategic sense for a Canadian company to compete with Chinese companies or with US companies when they have me-too products like android by BlackBerry.

History has demonstrated that Canadian high tech companies are successful only when they have revolutionary products that no other companies can compete with.

This was true of Nortel when they introduced digital switches in the 1970's and when they introduced 10Gb/s fiberoptics networks in the 1990's.
    It was also true of BlackBerry in the early and mid 2000's when nobody could compete with them.

A bean counter like Chen will never be a visionary. He cannot create anything as the past 2.5 years have proven. He has cut costs, it's now time for him to be kicked out because he has failed every single one of his goals, despite making them easier every quarter.

Someone creative and with a vision should be hired instead, although I doubt that anyone can save BlackBerry now.
    Z10 and BB 10 is original and creative if Android, ios, Windows phone and other smartphone os does not exists.
    TgeekB, MikeX74 and sentimentGX4 like this.
    06-29-16 01:56 PM

I'd buy that if BlackBerry 10 had predated IOS. But not shown up 6 years later. There's only so much 'originality' that can be made of "icons arranged on a grid on a touchscreen phone" these days. There's a reason Google abandoned its BlackBerry-killer and went full in on Android once it saw the iPhone. BB10 was way too late to the party.

Passport SE, "The BlockBerry" - Cricket Wireless
    TgeekB likes this.
    06-29-16 02:34 PM
    Wha? 6 months? The effort spanned a couple of years with zero results. They threw money at it, they offered promos, they had developer conferences. For 2 years they tried, and had zero success.
    cribble2k likes this.
    06-29-16 02:36 PM
    06-29-16 02:46 PM
241 ... 34567 ...