Is Chen's Neglect of the BB10 Base a Deliberate Attempt to Force them to Adopt Android?

Whether it's his intention or not, it's certainly not going to work for me! I'll go with LG, Asus or Samsung for Android.
    06-27-16 02:59 PM
    Is Chen's Neglect of the BB10 Base a Deliberate Attempt to Force them to Adopt Android?

Whether it's his intention or not, it's certainly not going to work for me! I'll go with LG, Asus or Samsung for Android.
    Why, Whats the problem with Blackberry's Android? Lets exclude the Priv's Official Price from the discussion.
    06-27-16 03:40 PM
    Going Android seems not to make sense if Chen is saying that BlackBerry what's to increase Software and Services revenues. BlackBerrys running Android don't specifically require BlackBerry EMM solutions so this will impact them negatively there. BlackBerry needs BB10 for them to sell BES12.

BlackBerry BB10 forever
    You just said the biggest problem BlackBerry has in selling BES. The biggest problem they have in selling EMM is that many assume a BlackBerry solution requires BlackBerry phones. Companies have been ripping BES out big time since 2011 just for the reason you stated. This is one of the main reasons they bought Good.
    06-27-16 04:24 PM
    BB10 phone sales are decreasing also. It's not one phone per se, it's the brand itself.
    Correct, small is small. 500K phones in a quarter is small does not matter how they break out by platform. In the end it does not matter. The BB10 team is gone, BlackBerry let them go. They have a handful of developers left to finish the two security updates.

The key components for several BB10 phones are no longer available. Qualcomm has no interest in creating new drivers for BB10 even if there was a team at BlackBerry that could do something with the new components.
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-27-16 04:33 PM
    Does anyone else feel Chen is actively and intentionally trying to cull it's BB10 loyalist from the ranks, so the platform can die--at least for consumers--and Chen will have the cover of saying he was committed to BB10 but discontinued it because of lack of user interest?
    Chen doesn't have to cull the BB10 loyalists for the BB10 platform to die.
    So no I don't think he trying to do that.
    On the contrary, he wants you to drain the channel of BB10 devices.
    JC probably chuckles to himself as he thinks about something P. T. Barnum once said.
    Jerry A, JeepBB and StephanieMaks like this.
    06-27-16 06:20 PM
    JC probably chuckles to himself as he thinks about something P. T. Barnum once said.
    Some days I wish for the ability to double or triple-like a post!
    06-27-16 06:22 PM
    Guys, it's not over yet, just donate $3000 to Bernie buy ten Passports and we'll win eventually!
    06-27-16 06:24 PM
    Given the popularity of overpriced iDevices, I think P.T. Barnum was a little low in his estimation.

Posted via CB10
    Sairos likes this.
    06-27-16 06:29 PM
    (snip)...If the Playbook didn't teach you that then I don't know what to tell you. \
    #micdrop
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    06-27-16 08:15 PM
    Given the popularity of overpriced iDevices, I think P.T. Barnum was a little low in his estimation.

Posted via CB10
    I guess Blackberry couldn't sucker anyone into buying their overpriced devices...
    JeepBB, MikeX74, TgeekB and 1 others like this.
    06-27-16 08:19 PM
    One of the big points of going with Blackberry was the closed ecosystem and OS refinement. Its like iOS but built for professionals. .
    I remember when around here the battle cry for sticking with BlackBerry was "I do real work on my phone."

I can't imagine the headache I'd get trying to do on a Bold 9900 some of the work-related things I do on my 6S.
    06-27-16 08:28 PM
    I remember when around here the battle cry for sticking with BlackBerry was "I do real work on my phone."

I can't imagine the headache I'd get trying to do on a Bold 9900 some of the work-related things I do on my 6S.
    You're comparing a 2011 phone to a 2015 Phone?

Your avatar tells me you're biased towards iPhone.. But such comparison takes the whole biased thing to another level xD
    06-27-16 09:03 PM
    You're comparing a 2011 phone to a 2015 Phone?

Your avatar tells me you're biased towards iPhone.. But such comparison takes the whole biased thing to another level xD
    Am I biased towards iOS at this point in time? Possibly. I have no brand loyalty, can (and do) switch back and forth between Android and iOS frequently (much to my wife's frustration). I use Google apps and ecosystem on Apple's iPhone, because that is what works best for me personally and professionally at this point in my life. But see my quoted post below for my BlackBerry history (and also to answer your next question of "what are you doing here at CrackBerry"...long time user, pop in every now and then to see that, yup, not much has changed. Also was a moderator here for a while.

But to answer your accusation, consider that in 2011, here on this site (and probably still today) the iPhone was maligned as a "toy for teenagers" and the Bold/Curves were held up as an iconic tool of professional business people who only "do real work on their phones". So no, even the iPhone 4S (launched in 2011) offered more in "professional business apps", screen real estate, and processing power than the 9900. So there's a 2011 phone vs 2011 phone comparison for you.

So I don't know that it's necessarily that I'm biased towards Android or iOS...more like just been burned by BlackBerry's broken promises too many times. "Coming soon..." "Coming this summer..." "Coming before the holiday shopping season..."

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12485188

8330 Curve
    8530 Curve
    8900 Curve
    9000 Bold
    9350 Curve
    9700 Bold
    9790 Bold
    9800 Torch
    9850 Torch
    9900 Bold
    Playbook
    Z10
    Q10
    Z30
    06-27-16 09:19 PM
    Am I biased towards iOS at this point in time? Possibly. I have no brand loyalty, can (and do) switch back and forth between Android and iOS frequently (much to my wife's frustration). I use Google apps and ecosystem on Apple's iPhone, because that is what works best for me personally and professionally at this point in my life. But see my quoted post below for my BlackBerry history (and also to answer your next question of "what are you doing here at CrackBerry"...long time user, pop in every now and then to see that, yup, not much has changed. Also was a moderator here for a while.

But to answer your accusation, consider that in 2011, here on this site (and probably still today) the iPhone was maligned as a "toy for teenagers" and the Bold/Curves were held up as an iconic tool of professional business people who only "do real work on their phones". So no, even the iPhone 4S (launched in 2011) offered more in "professional business apps", screen real estate, and processing power than the 9900. So there's a 2011 phone vs 2011 phone comparison for you.

So I don't know that it's necessarily that I'm biased towards Android or iOS...more like just been burned by BlackBerry's broken promises too many times. "Coming soon..." "Coming this summer..." "Coming before the holiday shopping season..."

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12485188
    Good post.. to answer a few things.

- First, I knew you were going to make a 2011 vs 2011 Comparison as response .. My point was just about the 2011 phone Vs the 2015.. You really made us look bad there xD.. 9900 Vs iPhone 6s.. So yeah 9900 Vs iPhone 4s is more fair.

- I never thought of BlackBerry as the business, work & professional phone.. while the iPhone being the toy phone.. Or that BlackBerry is better in that aspect.. its just that it was a pretty good phone at what we do the most as users.. I'm a guy who did a lot of texting in BBM and apps like that.. So it was very convenient for me.. I also loved the E-mail, keyboard and the ability to type without looking.. Every user has his preferences.. Personally, I dislike apple because of a long list of reasons.. But that's just me, however I don't deny they're good phones..

- I salute you for the long list of BlackBerry phones, its an impressive one.. I don't even come close to it as my first one was back in 2010.. Regarding the Bold 9900 Vs iPhone 4s.. I'll go for the 9900 every time, you even went for it xD.. But again its a matter of preferences.. I never believe in the whole that phone is better than that phone thing.. Its just what you like.. and I like Blackberry & Android.. But I dislike iPhone/iOS/Apple..

Do visit us often in CrackBerry, lots of interesting stuff.. Lots of BB10 V Android.. You'll love it xD.
    john_v likes this.
    06-27-16 09:41 PM
    Do you honestly think that Blackberry cares that you use BB10 or that people have "stuck with them" with their OS? . . . . They don't care about you or I in the sense that anyone was "loyal" to them. . . . Why some of you act like BB is a family member that should do right by you is unbelievable.
    Chen doesn't consider me family? Doesn't matter.

I consider him family. That's what counts.

If he weren't family, I wouldn't have run rolls of toilet paper thru my printers the last couple of years, printed copies of Chen's visage on said rolls, and wiped the rears of my canines exclusively with this printed product.

That's what family does for family, even when one or more members don't wish to acknowledge the familial relationship.
    donnation likes this.
    06-28-16 01:25 AM
    Do you honestly think that Blackberry cares that you use BB10 or that people have "stuck with them" with their OS? They care about one thing and one thing only, making money. The notion that they should "woo" its foundation users is laughable. They always have and always will be in the business of making money. If the Playbook didn't teach you that then I don't know what to tell you. They don't care about you or I in the sense that anyone was "loyal" to them. Not their fault as that is the nature of business.

Why some of you act like BB is a family member that should do right by you is unbelievable. They want to make money by any means necessary and BB10 isn't making them money.
    Some people fail to understand that BlackBerry runs a business, not a charity.
    donnation likes this.
    06-28-16 01:43 AM
    Chen doesn't consider me family? Doesn't matter.

I consider him family. That's what counts.

If he weren't family, I wouldn't have run rolls of toilet paper thru my printers the last couple of years, printed copies of Chen's visage on said rolls, and wiped the rears of my canines exclusively with this printed product.

That's what family does for family, even when one or more members don't wish to acknowledge the familial relationship.
    Hahahahahaha
    06-28-16 04:25 AM
    Do you honestly think that Blackberry cares that you use BB10 or that people have "stuck with them" with their OS? They care about one thing and one thing only, making money. The notion that they should "woo" its foundation users is laughable. They always have and always will be in the business of making money. If the Playbook didn't teach you that then I don't know what to tell you. They don't care about you or I in the sense that anyone was "loyal" to them. Not their fault as that is the nature of business.

Why some of you act like BB is a family member that should do right by you is unbelievable. They want to make money by any means necessary and BB10 isn't making them money.
    Loyalty is what makes money for businesses. The repeat buyers are why keep businesses alive. That's the reason why Apple and Samsung are a success. The people who continuously buy they products they churn out. BlackBerry has loyal customers and it's high time Chen and crew did something to keep us interested. There are loyal customers who want apps and going Android will help but there are those that have grown to love BB10 and they shouldn't be forgotten.

BlackBerry BB10 forever
    06-28-16 07:13 AM
    Some people fail to understand that BlackBerry runs a business, not a charity.
    We are cash paying customers by the way. We never said they should give us BB10 devices for free. BlackBerry messed up on their transition from BBOS to BB10 and lost developers along they way. They are more likely to lose those using BB10 also if they fail to realise our importance

BlackBerry BB10 forever
    06-28-16 07:22 AM
    Loyalty is what makes money for businesses. The repeat buyers are why keep businesses alive. That's the reason why Apple and Samsung are a success.
    It might look like that but its probably better characterized as follows.

Samsung and Apple make products that people want to buy.
    For Samsung in particular the loyalty factor is not very significant.
    If Samsung makes a phone that people don't want to buy they will purchase from a competitor.
    The loyalty factor may be higher with Apple but still not significant.
    If brand a and brand b produce absolutely equal offerings then brand loyalty might be the deciding factor.

Most consumers are not very brand loyal any more.
    Now if you want to talk about vendor lock-in, that is a different story.
    mornhavon and JeepBB like this.
    06-28-16 08:50 AM
    BB is not seeing much "loyalty" from customers since BB global market share is at 0.2 %.
    Jerry A likes this.
    06-28-16 08:57 AM
    Loyalty is what makes money for businesses. The repeat buyers are why keep businesses alive. That's the reason why Apple and Samsung are a success. The people who continuously buy they products they churn out. BlackBerry has loyal customers and it's high time Chen and crew did something to keep us interested. There are loyal customers who want apps and going Android will help but there are those that have grown to love BB10 and they shouldn't be forgotten.

BlackBerry BB10 forever
    What loyalty? Blackberry doesn't have it. If they did this thread wouldn't exist. People have moved on. I'm sure there are a few Palm users out there now but no one cares because the number is so small. A small base of users doesn't make a company money, therefore they couldn't care less.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    06-28-16 09:42 AM
    BB is not seeing much "loyalty" from customers since BB global market share is at 0.2 %.
    For the sake of argument even if we assume the loyalty thing is true, this just means the "loyal fanbase" isn't profitable, want a product that does not have an appeal, and inhibits growth.

So in laymen's terms, telling these so-called "loyalists" to pound sand is actually GOOD for business.
    Ronindan likes this.
    06-28-16 10:28 AM
    We are cash paying customers by the way. We never said they should give us BB10 devices for free. BlackBerry messed up on their transition from BBOS to BB10 and lost developers along they way. They are more likely to lose those using BB10 also if they fail to realise our importance

BlackBerry BB10 forever
    Here we go again.. My comment was made on another person's comment.. I'm going to narrow it down.. "Why some of you act like BB is a family member that should do right by you is unbelievable. They want to make money by any means necessary and BB10 isn't making them money."

I'm agreeing about the context of the post.. Didn't mean it the way you understood it..

But my mistake actually, shouldn't have used the word charity.. I Should've said Orphanage.. Yeah Blackberry doesn't run an orphanage xD.. so no need to hear people saying BlackBerry doesn't care about us and all this sad talk.. Companies care about making money, they tried to make it with BB10.. They couldn't, so they moved on to android.
    06-28-16 11:50 AM
    Here we go again.. My comment was made on another person's comment.. I'm going to narrow it down.. "Why some of you act like BB is a family member that should do right by you is unbelievable. They want to make money by any means necessary and BB10 isn't making them money."

I'm agreeing about the context of the post.. Didn't mean it the way you understood it..

But my mistake actually, shouldn't have used the word charity.. I Should've said Orphanage.. Yeah Blackberry doesn't run an orphanage xD.. so no need to hear people saying BlackBerry doesn't care about us and all this sad talk.. Companies care about making money, they tried to make it with BB10.. They couldn't, so they moved on to android.
    I think we give BlackBerry's board of directors too much credit when we say they tried and failed with BB10. They didn't try hard enough. It's only been three years since the release of BB10 devices and they are giving up on it already. Android was launched in 2008 and it took it sometime too for its numbers to increase. Think what would have happened if Google had given up too in its second year

Is Chen's Neglect of the BB10 Base a Deliberate Attempt to Force them to Adopt Android?-smartphone-sales.png

BlackBerry BB10 forever
    06-28-16 01:37 PM
241 12345 ...