The thought was nice and he did send birthday wishes, but the title indicates Chen would write about 10 years of cb! He basically cut and paste the BlackBerry history and used the opportunity for more generic reinforcement of the mission statement.

Seriously man, he's not talking to some clueless bloggers, we're people in the know! We've supported his company and all he did was turn into a talking head again. I don't use Twitter, but I thought this opportunity could have been used to make a nice, personalized letter to your best customers.

At least change the title of the blog post to "John Chen repeats BlackBerry mission statement for the 1000th time."

That way we aren't misled into reading something that isn't there. Come on Kevin, get Chen on a podcast! You got Thorsten to do it!
    02-13-17 04:57 AM
    The thought was nice and he did send birthday wishes, but the title indicates Chen would write about 10 years of cb! He basically cut and paste the BlackBerry history and used the opportunity for more generic reinforcement of the mission statement.

Seriously man, he's not talking to some clueless bloggers, we're people in the know! We've supported his company and all he did was turn into a talking head again. I don't use Twitter, but I thought this opportunity could have been used to make a nice, personalized letter to your best customers.

At least change the title of the blog post to "John Chen repeats BlackBerry mission statement for the 1000th time."

That way we aren't misled into reading something that isn't there. Come on Kevin, get Chen on a podcast! You got Thorsten to do it!
    Way to be a Party Pooper! Just enjoy the celebration here at crackberry
    RoseBud68 likes this.
    02-13-17 05:40 AM
    Honestly what's it matter? He said "Happy Birthday" to CrackBerry and chose to discuss a little about the future of Blackberry. That was more than most would do.

I'd take this over a rambling interview from Thor any day.
    RoseBud68 and dom7 like this.
    02-13-17 05:41 AM
    Absolute Gent and I think its an excellent gesture from his part and it couldn't be said better. If someone is expecting drama & tears, well, plenty of that around here.
    02-13-17 07:16 AM
    This is crackberry! We already know about the future of BlackBerry and all their plans! We're in the know!

The gesture was nice, but that was another opportunity blown because you're not making the message personal ENOUGH. He could have at least thrown a story or two in there!

Does the crackberry community really need to be informed of BlackBerry's mission statement at this point? Haven't we heard and read that message 1000 times of the last 3 years? This was a generic statement!

We need kevin and bla1ze to land a video interview with Chen and make him give us something exciting the way cistulli did!
    02-13-17 07:57 AM
    Considering the name of the site is a play on a corporate trademark and compares the use of its products to drug abuse...I would say any official acknowledgement by the CEO, however quaint, should not be underestimated.
    donnation likes this.
    02-13-17 08:12 AM
    This is crackberry! We already know about the future of BlackBerry and all their plans! We're in the know!

The gesture was nice, but that was another opportunity blown because you're not making the message personal ENOUGH. He could have at least thrown a story or two in there!

Does the crackberry community really need to be informed of BlackBerry's mission statement at this point? Haven't we heard and read that message 1000 times of the last 3 years? This was a generic statement!

We need kevin and bla1ze to land a video interview with Chen and make him give us something exciting the way cistulli did!
    And Chen owes this to us why? Honestly his target market isn't the CrackBerry community. He knows people in here are going to buy the devices if they ship a brick and slap the BlackBerry name on it. Catering to this audience is just catering to the very small following that isn't going to put the slightest dent into sales numbers. He doesn't owe CrackBerry anything, besides the nice gesture he made in writing that post, which was more than enough. You act like Chen owes you something. He doesn't, and honestly he doesn't really care what people's opinions of what he should and shouldn't be doing are. What he cares about are the shareholders, plain and simple.
    Elephant_Canyon and Carjackd like this.
    02-13-17 08:40 AM
    And Chen owes this to us why? Honestly his target market isn't the CrackBerry community. He knows people in here are going to buy the devices if they ship a brick and slap the BlackBerry name on it. Catering to this audience is just catering to the very small following that isn't going to put the slightest dent into sales numbers. He doesn't owe CrackBerry anything, besides the nice gesture he made in writing that post, which was more than enough. You act like Chen owes you something. He doesn't, and honestly he doesn't really care what people's opinions of what he should and shouldn't be doing are. What he cares about are the shareholders, plain and simple.
    Well said!

Posted Via Passport with CB10 app
    02-13-17 08:46 AM
    Considering the name of the site is a play on a corporate trademark and compares the use of its products to drug abuse...I would say any official acknowledgement by the CEO, however quaint, should not be underestimated.
    They got successful selling these warez, after all... until demand shrank and other digital drugz lured userz away... ;-D

•   Mercurial greetings , hopefully coming soon to Planet Earth... :-D   •
    02-13-17 01:48 PM

Little Mr Moan. Smh..
    02-13-17 01:55 PM
    Weak gesture. Lame. End of story. As a business owner, I'd never make such a generic statement to my most loyal followers. It doesn't matter if cb member aren't the core market, they're the most passionate fan boys of the product. We deserve a personalized response.
    02-13-17 02:52 PM
    Weak gesture. Lame. End of story. As a business owner, I'd never make such a generic statement to my most loyal followers. It doesn't matter if cb member aren't the core market, they're the most passionate fan boys of the product. We deserve a personalized response.
    How many times has Tim Cook written to Android Central, or Sundar Pichai written to iMore?

I really don't think the content mattered.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    02-13-17 03:10 PM
    Most times... what people assume they deserve, and what they really deserve... aren't the same things.

With my STORM 1, I "felt" I deserved a discount or trade-in to the STORM 2 to make up for the design flaw in the STORM 1 that made is a buggy mess.
    With my PlayBook, I "felt I deserved to the BB10 update as was repeatedly promised, I "felt" I deserved something when the prices was cut in half only months after launch.
    With my Z10, I "felt" I deserved something for sticking with BlackBerry through a month of reboots, I "felt" I deserved all those apps that were one that display board as was promised.

In the end BlackBerry is a business, that probably has no business bothering with fans of something they don't even sell anymore.
    02-13-17 03:20 PM

I don't think Chen owes anyone a damn thing. The only one he is accountable to is share holders and his family.

The fact that Mr. Chen took the time to acknowledge the Community is more than you will see from any CEO.
    02-13-17 03:27 PM
    I don't think he took any time aside from telling an assistant to copy and paste the generic message to the forum.

Do you guys really think that was Chen himself?

He should do a video interview and get it right!
    02-13-17 03:48 PM
    I don't think he took any time aside from telling an assistant to copy and paste the generic message to the forum.

Do you guys really think that was Chen himself?

He should do a video interview and get it right!
    The bottom line is , it doesn't matter. It's not important. You nor I are entitled to anything from John chen, To think anything otherwise is absurd and naive at best.
    02-13-17 03:57 PM
    John Chen owes you nothing. Get over it.
    Carjackd likes this.
    02-13-17 04:25 PM