Damn, this thread is killing me! If my scenario #2 had a chance I would plunk down cold hard cash on a SE passport today!

Posted via CB10
    08-01-16 12:31 PM
    Damn, this thread is killing me! If my scenario #2 had a chance I would plunk down cold hard cash on a SE passport today!

Posted via CB10
    Scenario #2 has zero chance.

What good is an OS to more than exactly 17 people when the native ecosystem has dried up and the Android Runtime has fallen hopelessly behind.

As far as your first scenario, the Passport was released in 2014, and will see updates through to 2017. What more can one expect?
    08-01-16 12:37 PM
    Sometimes I feel like a fire ranger in the middle of the dry season.
    I see a little flash of hope/delusion and immediately stamp it out before it can get grow.

I should probably find something better to do with my time.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and JeepBB like this.
    08-01-16 12:49 PM
    Scenario #2 has zero chance.

What good is an OS to more than exactly 17 people when the native ecosystem has dried up and the Android Runtime has fallen hopelessly behind.

As far as your first scenario, the Passport was released in 2014, and will see updates through to 2017. What more can one expect?
    OK, just to be the Devils advocate:
    There's a while lot more than 17 people it reaches to hundreds of thousands perhaps millions?

The passport may have been first released in 2014 but it's still available brand new in 2016 so I'd like to see at least another 3 years of small support

These are just thoughts I'm throwing out there for fun and conversation.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-16 12:50 PM
    OK, just to be the Devils advocate:
    There's a while lot more than 17 people it reaches to hundreds of thousands perhaps millions?

The passport may have been first released in 2014 but it's still available brand new in 2016 so I'd like to see at least another 3 years of small support

These are just thoughts I'm throwing out there for fun and conversation.

Posted via CB10
    I'm just conversing too, no worries!

If any developers are retained to work on BB10, they would continue to lose money on each and every BB10 device sale. Apart from a few no-app diehards, there are too few to sustain an OS, even with hefty subscription fees.

I think 5 years of committed support to a dying platform is a bit unreasonable. BlackBerry needs to allocate its resources to more profitable endeavors.
    08-01-16 01:06 PM
    Yeah, I guess it's inevitable I'll have to move to BlackBerry android at some point.

I actually downloaded the priv wall paper and loaded it on my Z30 to try and get use to it. Well that's was all the proof I needed to see that I won't enjoy it!

Posted via CB10
    08-01-16 01:25 PM
    Nothing is impossible but the chance of making money on BB10 is approximately 0.

They are selling existing stock to lose less money.
    losing less money is not the same as making money.
    Yes. They may not overall recoup all their losses but by making profit on units sold now they can reduce the losses and make some of the money back.
    08-01-16 01:30 PM
    Yes. They may not overall recoup all their losses but by making profit on units sold now they can reduce the losses and make some of the money back.
    So manufacturing any more would not be a good idea at all.
    I misstated things earlier when I said that BlackBerry does not care about BB10 loyalists.
    They do care about them to the extent that they are the ones draining the channel of the old BB10 devices at relatively high prices.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and JeepBB like this.
    08-01-16 01:48 PM
    So manufacturing any more would not be a good idea at all.
    So they can't produce them for less than they sell them? Well that sucks.
    08-01-16 03:18 PM
    Finally you see the light.
    08-01-16 03:28 PM
    They're too small, unless their employees want to work for free. That's why they have someone else making their phones.
    Also, I believe I read somewhere recently that Classic parts have run out. It's becoming impossible for them to do what you would like to see them do.
    JeepBB likes this.
    08-01-16 06:38 PM
61 123