03-24-14 11:46 AM
79 ... 234
  1. lawguyman's Avatar
    If your only measure of "success" is how many are sold, then pricing it at $10 would be even better.

    Only one problem: it needs to actually bring the company a profit.

    BlackBerry cannot and should not attempt to compete on a strict price basis in the market. They WILL fail if they attempt to do this.

    According to the vast majority of Indonesians I polled, they think the announced price point is just fine.
    Again, no price has been announced.

    Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 07:14 AM
  2. RyanGermann's Avatar

    Now that is the voice of a true believer.

    Let's just say I don't agree. Whatsoever.
    lol well, you're wrong on so many things, that's understandable!
    03-21-14 08:01 AM
  3. techvisor's Avatar
    Well, Blackberry customers are less than 3% of the market right now. The other 97% prefer a different platform so I don't see how listening to the 3% gets them anywhere. They have the majority of the shrinking keyboard smartphone market and have just discovered that their customers want more buttons. That's going nowhere fast.
    I guess that's what it means to focus on niche market.
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-22-14 12:24 PM
  4. medic22003's Avatar
    I would challenge any insinuation that listening to customers results in a "directionless product".

    Bad Product Design results in a directionless product.

    Listening to your customers + common sense + mad skillz at product design = hugely successful product.

    What BlackBerry did with BB10 was listen to their NON-customers (i.e. people who want Apps) and went ahead and designed a product BBOS users by and large don't want and that didn't deliver the main thing their non-customers want (apps).

    How could it not fail?

    Posted via CB10
    Well let me put it another way for you. If they hadn't moved to bb10 and more possibility to do more than email and spread sheets I'd still be on android. I like the business features or at least a few of them but I want to have a good overall mobile experience and the old style BlackBerry weren't it. The die hard business only people are doing their share to hurt BlackBerry. Give and take.

    Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 11:46 AM
79 ... 234

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-27-14, 12:09 PM
  2. Which games are you playing on your blackberry?
    By heading4tomorrow in forum General BlackBerry News, Discussion & Rumors
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 03-25-14, 02:33 AM
  3. Let's do a list of the APK that running well in os
    By Randy Castillo in forum BlackBerry Z10
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-12-14, 08:05 PM
  4. how do I get rid of 'Driving Apps' as a tab in BB World
    By k8bushlover in forum BlackBerry Z10
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-07-14, 05:16 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-07-14, 01:17 PM