I would really like to hear what is Chen's philosophy about tablets and their future.
    johnm137 likes this.
    01-11-14 06:06 PM
    Me too it's can be a very important point to seduce developers and develop BlackBerry 10 user base

www.blackberry-10.fr
    01-11-14 06:15 PM
    I'd love to see a dual OS, dual boot Tablet running BB10/Win 8.

Contract it out to Foxconn to keep costs down, and the business world would gobble it up. No use going after the consumer base, it will be an uphill struggle.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    01-11-14 06:22 PM
    I really wish there was a bb10 tablet. The more productive I am on the z30, the more I wish I had a bb10 tablet to top it off.

Couldn't they get Foxconn to design a tablet with decent specs and load bb10 on it!?

Posted via CB10
    DJM626, deptech, highos and 2 others like this.
    01-11-14 06:31 PM
    I'd love to see a dual OS, dual boot Tablet running BB10/Win 8.

Contract it out to Foxconn to keep costs down, and the business world would gobble it up. No use going after the consumer base, it will be an uphill struggle.
    The "business world" isn't gobbling up either BB10 or W8, so I'm not sure why a product running both would suddenly succeed.
    JeepBB, aniym and illlya like this.
    01-11-14 06:32 PM
    I thought some BlackBerry exec recently said there will be no BlackBerry 10 tablet in the near future

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 07:02 PM
    I honestly see tablets as a waste of hardware. We just need our phones to project to a larger screen, any screen, whether that be a big tv or a dummy tablet. I just dont see the point in buying another cpu, ram, and storage space. Miracast needs to get better.
    01-11-14 07:04 PM
    I thought some BlackBerry exec recently said there will be no BlackBerry 10 tablet in the near future

Posted via CB10
    If this is true then it is a shame.

Of course it's probably the best thing going forward for BlackBerry. It's about turning a business around right now. Not.pleasomg the loyal customers.

We can dream still. Imagine. 10.1 inch tablet ( in the shape of the z30 landscape) all apps up to date in line with what's on the phone... android apps. blackberry hub. Amazing

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 07:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    There is no near future with BlackBerry for some exec who recently said something about tablets.
    Trishaines and 00stryder like this.
    01-11-14 07:09 PM
    I honestly see tablets as a waste of hardware. We just need our phones to project to a larger screen, any screen, whether that be a big tv or a dummy tablet. I just dont see the point in buying another cpu, ram, and storage space. Miracast needs to get better.
    Even a dumb tablet will a processor. A touchscreen "dumb" tablet won't be much cheaper than smart tablet.

Posted via CB10
    jason9900 likes this.
    01-11-14 09:10 PM
    The "business world" isn't gobbling up either BB10 or W8, so I'm not sure why a product running both would suddenly succeed.

Even a dumb tablet will a processor. A touchscreen "dumb" tablet won't be much cheaper than smart tablet.

Posted via CB10
    Fair point.
    Refayah likes this.
    01-11-14 09:48 PM
    Tablet is becoming an enterprise device. I know few companies are giving iPads to the employees.

Most consumers or prosumers have tablets. So it could be great market for BlackBerry and they can sell it online.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 10:01 PM
    Yes, I do think there should be a PlayBook 2.

BlackBerry 10 for tablets was built, but just needs upgraded specs.

Bridge should be upgraded as well. Bridge on steroids is an awesome Enterprise need!

Quality Poultry - Channel PIN: C004B64D1
    nappp likes this.
    01-11-14 10:22 PM
    Tablet is becoming an enterprise device. I know few companies are giving iPads to the employees.

Most consumers or prosumers have tablets. So it could be great market for BlackBerry and they can sell it online.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry but what you call the consumer and prosumer is dominated by Apple no other tablet have succeeded to dethrone them and at this point no one will..Blackberry should not waste time and money to release a product that has no chance to succeed.
    johnnyuk and aniym like this.
    01-11-14 10:31 PM
    Sorry but what you call the consumer and prosumer is dominated by Apple no other tablet have succeeded to dethrone them and at this point no one will..Blackberry should not waste time and money to release a product that has no chance to succeed.
    People said the same thing when Apple brought iPad. When BestBuy and Future shop sold Microsoft Surface at discounted price they were sold like hot cakes. New BB10 tablet has to be reasonably priced so people are interested to buy it.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 11:10 PM
    John Chen's opinion is probably what will determine whether we see one or not, but in the meantime, we have this endless battle between people who don't want to see or think BlackBerry can make a tablet vs those of us who do want one. Both sides can make valid arguments on the tablet, but it's a stalemate.

If CB ever gets to talk to John Chen again (*cough Michaluk cough*), hopefully it gets brought up.

Posted from BitPusher's Q10
    nappp, johnnyuk and 00stryder like this.
    01-11-14 11:13 PM
    Bbry needs to have a tablet. A dumb tablet is the way to go. Patent the dumb tech and collect royalties from every ecosystem. Make tablets a commodity. May just destroy the halo around android and apple at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 12:40 AM
    When BestBuy and Future shop sold Microsoft Surface at discounted price they were sold like hot cakes. New BB10 tablet has to be reasonably priced so people are interested to buy it.
    The question is whether that price will keep BlackBerry in business. Microsoft wrote off about $1 billion worth of Surface RT tablets.
    01-12-14 12:54 AM
    People said the same thing when Apple brought iPad.

Posted via CB10
    With good reason.

When BestBuy and Future shop sold Microsoft Surface at discounted price they were sold like hot cakes.

Posted via CB10
    How many did they sell?
    A bakers dozen?

"Microsoft: That $900m Surface write-down is smarting

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/201...rface_channel/

New BB10 tablet has to be reasonably priced so people are interested to buy it.

Posted via CB10
    Not as much interest as you might think.
    01-12-14 01:00 AM
    When BestBuy and Future shop sold Microsoft Surface at discounted price they were sold like hot cakes.
    You mean with syrup, scrabbled eggs and bacon?
    01-12-14 01:38 AM
    I'm not expecting any kind of tablet anytime soon. Though that would be awesome to have a bb10 device paired up with a playbook 2 kind of device.

I think the company's priority now is to get back market share through enterprise then consumer. Once they have "repaired" the public's perception of BlackBerry, I think that would be the only time that the company can consider a follow up to the playbook. Fingers crossed though cause I've been wanting to get a 7" tablet with Bb10.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 01:52 AM
    Since Blackberry Bridge is really just an app that that is completely reliant on the handset that is paired to it, I wonder if it would be possible to just develop iOS/Android/Win8 versions of Bridge so it could be used on anybody's tablet.
    01-12-14 04:12 AM
    I agree completely. Give me a lightweight, power-sipping dumb screen for my smart phone! Most days I'd leave it at home but it would be great for traveling. I really think that two years from now today's tablets will seem like an incredibly stupid waste of hardware.
    01-12-14 08:55 AM
    I agree completely. Give me a lightweight, power-sipping dumb screen for my smart phone! Most days I'd leave it at home but it would be great for traveling. I really think that two years from now today's tablets will seem like an incredibly stupid waste of hardware.
    This is what I want. Just give me the display that rolls out from a small footprint. It can be a dump display fed from the phone. (At the 84 second mark)

01-12-14 09:02 AM
    Yeah, something like that would be great, something that folds or maybe scrolls and connects to your workhorse by bluetooth or Miracast or Bridge (which I've never used but looks very cool)
    01-12-14 09:13 AM
101 123 ...