Did you also notice the news of BlackBerry securing or gaining the approval of at least three US Government Agencies. One has to wonder if concessions on BlackBerry 's part, had to be made.

A BlackBerry Fan
    A bit of a late reply by me. Just found this thread and this was a very interesting comment...
    07-25-16 06:16 AM
    Many people have to use two devices. People in government other than Hillary Clinton. A friend of mine in finance had to use two devices. (His work was highly regulated and he could not mix social with client work.) People that are tech-minded have multiple devices. Probably some people here. My Android phones are not on a call plan. I don't think they need to be for any apps. At least not the ones I use.
    I used to carry two devices until my employer took back my BB 9900 and told me to install Good on my iPhone instead.

BB has since purchased Good.
    07-25-16 06:30 AM

That is a really interesting article. I cannot believe that was from only last summer.

It sounds like they are trying to do a whole lot with nothing. (Social media budget cut 98%! How much was the rest of the budget? Zero?) John Chen's loose lips probably has squashed any momentum Wilson was able to muster. How many professional would buy on to the Passport when they Google search "Blackberry" to discovery BB10 is getting killed by Blackberry.

Here is a telling portion:

Mr. Wilson: When I came on board, we cut our social media budget by 98%, but we have seen our [content] output double since then. One of the things we did was bring on brand journalists to help drive a thought leadership [WTF?] program. This is all about being frugal, and it has worked.

Ad Age: What's next in terms of advertising and marketing?

Mr. Wilson: We will continue to go after the verticals we are in -- health care, financial services, professional services, etc. -- with more executions. We really believe the message 'It's not a toy' is resonating with our audience. We want to continue that momentum in the marketplace.

Mr. Becker: There is nothing better than being seriously productive in your job, and only BlackBerry was born to deliver that. The goal is to continue to deliver and dial up that message on a global basis.
    You've evangelized their marketing message multiple times in this thread. I don't see how you can claim what they're doing is bad or not working.

Jokes aside, if you're buying a BB10 device in bulk post Priv, it's likely because of security needs that you can't get anywhere else. For those customers, the amount of support BB10 will still get might be enough.
    07-25-16 10:24 AM
    You've evangelized their marketing message multiple times in this thread. I don't see how you can claim what they're doing is bad or not working.

Jokes aside, if you're buying a BB10 device in bulk post Priv, it's likely because of security needs that you can't get anywhere else. For those customers, the amount of support BB10 will still get might be enough.
    This might have been a residual market for them but who know what large organization would buy a fleet of BB10s now? When the CEO says they are dropping the OS? And no new phones sending a message that it's lights out?

All their covering up and saying things like "we are committed" does very little.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-16 12:02 PM
    This might have been a residual market for them but who know what large organization would buy a fleet of BB10s now? When the CEO says they are dropping the OS? And no new phones sending a message that it's lights out?

All their covering up and saying things like "we are committed" does very little.

Posted via CB10
    Organizations that have security needs that BB10 can cater to which others might not.

From this year,

GMP splashes out �10.7m to kit out officers with smart phones and tablets - Manchester Evening News

I do agree though that their messaging isn't helping much but for BB10's target audience I don't think it would make a huge difference. For those it would, I think BlackBerry would want them to move to BB Android anyway because of the apps and accessories support.
    07-25-16 01:16 PM
    Stickers? LOL.
    using emoji to replace language may not be bad idea.... picture=image means for a thousand words.... e.g. for each tech field, specific emoji that serve as short hand would be very useful...
    07-26-16 11:06 AM
    using emoji to replace language may not be bad idea.... picture=image means for a thousand words.... e.g. for each tech field, specific emoji that serve as short hand would be very useful...
    Maybe in 500 years English will resemble eastern languages with stylized characters derived from ancient 21st century emoji.
    07-27-16 10:47 AM
    Maybe in 500 years English will resemble eastern languages with stylized characters derived from ancient 21st century emoji.
    07-27-16 12:01 PM
    https://www.google.com/patents/US8584031
    or new patent?
    app_Developer likes this.
    07-27-16 01:06 PM
    Indeed is killing BlackBerry 10 slowly and painfull. Now everything is going EOL...
    08-12-16 10:33 AM
    Written English of today doesn't resemble the pre-twitter, pre-text era written English.
    08-12-16 12:18 PM
    Written English of today doesn't resemble the pre-twitter, pre-text era written English.
    Y u say dat 4?
    08-12-16 01:01 PM
    I concur. As a Canadian our weak dollar of late has contributed to a somewhat pricier device, though.
    08-19-16 01:27 AM
    He has killed BB10..

Posted via CB10
    08-19-16 01:14 PM
    He has killed BB10..

Posted via CB10
    Good riddance.
    08-19-16 01:37 PM
    He has killed BB10..
    I think he amputated BB10 so that BlackBerry, Ltd can now live a long, healthy life.
    TgeekB and blackmass like this.
    08-19-16 01:39 PM
    I think he amputated BB10 so that BlackBerry, Ltd can now live a long, healthy life.
    Healthy is the last thing that would come to mind to describe BlackBerry 's state since the launch of android Priv. Maybe healthily dead...
    08-19-16 07:29 PM
    Healthy is the last thing that would come to mind to describe BlackBerry 's state since the launch of android Priv. Maybe healthily dead...
    How about healing?
    08-19-16 07:48 PM
    How about healing?
    Recovering from 3 years of cancer. Especially after suffering complications known as diehard BlackBerry fans that's literally trying to kill them with their brilliant ideas.
    08-19-16 08:41 PM
    But what does a hit phone even mean in the absence of an ecosystem - because THAT certainly died before Chen.
    I wouldn't say that. While it lagged iOS anf the Play Store, Blackberry World was a much more robust place BC.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-16 06:30 AM
    I wouldn't say that. While it lagged iOS anf the Play Store, Blackberry World was a much more robust place BC.

Posted via CB10
    But that was because of the launch that had taken place only six months earlier (for most people).... But the day those first sales reports came out in June, it was pretty much over for BlackBerry World. What little hope there was died with the 2nd earnings report and sales figures were released - along with the FOR SALE sign that Thor hastily erected.

And as the already bad sales number began to plummet... so did the little support that BlackBerry had manged to gain for BB10.

Chen didn't kill BB10... he's the doctor that came in and has "nursed" a terminal ill patient and given them a little more time. But in the end that patient was terminal.
    08-26-16 07:59 AM
    "Chen killed BlackBerry" is an oxymoron. You can't kill something that was already dead when you started.

Thankfully, Chen has a defibrillator in his toolbox and isn't afraid to use it. Unlike his predecessor whose response was a toe tag and body bag.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv STV100-1
    08-26-16 08:30 AM
    He is collaborating with Boeing for the Boeing black smartphone.
    That will use bb10 security technology. I hope more such collaborations follow.
    Try to see the glass as half full.
    Like the other poster so positively drew the parallel of amputation.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-26-16 08:40 AM
    He is collaborating with Boeing for the Boeing black smartphone.
    [Citation required]
    08-26-16 09:57 AM
    [Citation required]
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...ting-spy-phone

I believe Bloomberg.
    But u never know.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    08-26-16 12:13 PM
215 ... 6789