Well it seems that BB is very close to that with the Priv, maybe 200k sold the last quarter?.
    Well, BlackBerry sold 500k in the last quarter.. Unfortunately they don't release numbers for how much each device sold, so we'll never know.. But hopefully the next two will score enough sales for BlackBerry (Hardware) to survive!
    06-27-16 03:07 PM
    You could have googled CNET top 100 ...
    Meh, when I claim something online, I almost always post a link in support of the claim I'm making.

But I'm just weird that way.
    06-27-16 07:38 PM
    Well if they had done good marketing and tried to sell the one thing they offer uniquely"security" they might have had good sales of the BB10 devices.
    06-27-16 07:44 PM
    Meh, when I claim something online, I almost always post a link in support of the claim I'm making.

But I'm just weird that way.
    CNET 100 - CNET .. Its no.76 and yes you've to scroll down and see it.. I'm not gonna screenshot it for you xD.. All you had to do was ask.. But Its okay, Happy to back up my words anytime.

If we will link up everything we say, the post would be 90% links 10% our talk.. hey heard about that OnePlus 3? It has a 4GB RAM.. here is a specs link.. Now its $400.. Here is a link where you can buy it, etc...

Please, if you've comments about the whole no.76.. I prefer not to hear them.. I see enough negativity about BlackBerry already.
    06-27-16 07:49 PM
    Can you explain this part further?..
    Folks here were posting that they had to return 3 or 4 Privs to get one without issues, and previously people were returning PPs due to screen lifting and other issues. For all of the complaints about how BB should "work to improve relations with the carriers" or "carriers don't support BB" - they don't realize that they're a huge part of the problem, or that BB's build quality (or lack thereof) has contributed in a big way to the decline in carrier relations and to sales staff recommending that people avoid BB devices.

I promise you that only a tiny fraction of Samsung, LG, HTC, and Moto devices are returned compared to the rate of BB phones, and CBers can be the worst customers of the bunch by being the most picky and demanding.
    JeepBB and redbirdsfan like this.
    06-27-16 07:54 PM
    Well if they had done good marketing and tried to sell the one thing they offer uniquely"security" they might have had good sales of the BB10 devices.
    Very few people care about "security" - and when stories run quoting BB employees "enthusiastically turning data over to law enforcement" that is supposed to be "secure", even the people who DO care about security have a hard time finding a reason to support BB.
    JeepBB and ayngling like this.
    06-27-16 07:56 PM
    Folks here were posting that they had to return 3 or 4 Privs to get one without issues, and previously people were returning PPs due to screen lifting and other issues. For all of the complaints about how BB should "work to improve relations with the carriers" or "carriers don't support BB" - they don't realize that they're a huge part of the problem, or that BB's build quality (or lack thereof) has contributed in a big way to the decline in carrier relations and to sales staff recommending that people avoid BB devices.

I promise you that only a tiny fraction of Samsung, LG, HTC, and Moto devices are returned compared to the rate of BB phones, and CBers can be the worst customers of the bunch by being the most picky and demanding.
    Interesting, I actually found a sticky post about that in the Priv's forum.. Thanks for the explanation.
    06-27-16 07:57 PM
    I've read a lot of good reviews about the Priv.. from very reputable websites and reviewers.. One reviewer from CNET spent 3 months with the phone as his daily driver.. Had a lot of good things to say about it.. Listed Pros and Cons and a really detailed good review.. CNET even has it in its Top 100..
    The CNET review has the same negative language I stated.
    From CNET review of the priv
    "The bottom line Android and an awesome keyboard make the Priv the best BlackBerry in years, but if you're not a keyboard lover and aren't much of a security seeker, you'll find phones that are cheaper, or offer better features than the Priv."

"The best Blackberry in years" - not that it is the Best Android
    "If you are not a keyboard lover" - read, you have to already love keyboards to want this phone, not that someone might fall in love with keyboards by using it

Posted via CB10
    06-27-16 08:15 PM
    The CNET review has the same negative language I stated.
    From CNET review of the priv
    "The bottom line Android and an awesome keyboard make the Priv the best BlackBerry in years, but if you're not a keyboard lover and aren't much of a security seeker, you'll find phones that are cheaper, or offer better features than the Priv."

"The best Blackberry in years" - not that it is the Best Android
    "If you are not a keyboard lover" - read, you have to already love keyboards to want this phone, not that someone might fall in love with keyboards by using it

Posted via CB10
    I said he listed Pros and Cons, Like every phone.. Now you will post the Cons to prove your point, and I will post the Pros to back up my point.. but actually no I won't do that.. Its a good phone, not a bad phone.. and his review was positive & objective about it.. Pros & Cons, like every phone.

- No One said its the best Android, Who said that ha xD
    - I just wrote a post to someone asking Priv Or S7, told him if you like the keyboard go for it.. So No I will not READ.. Because I've already READ before.
    - 922392394728947234 Users here have said 1982329321 times that the Price is BS, We all know that mate.

I was disputing what you were saying in "Tech Reviewers didn't hold the phone long enough to discover the issues. They just see Blackberry and proceed to murder the phones on the name alone. Too many "reviewers" nothing but bloggers, who say "If you want" instead of "great features all phone should have".

He did carry it for 3 months, not like you said.. They're not just bloggers No.. And he didn't murder it.. Its still alive xD

Thank You
    06-27-16 08:24 PM
    I said he listed Pros and Cons, Like every phone.. Now you will post the Cons to prove your point, and I will post the Pros to back up my point.. but actually no I won't do that.. Its a good phone, not a bad phone.. and his review was positive about it..

Thank You
    Wrong. I did not post cons. The pros and cons are still there if you want to see them. I posted his Summary ..."The Bottom line".
    So if the summary looks like cons to you, imagine anyone reading the review.

You're welcome.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-16 08:32 PM
    Wrong. I did not post cons. The pros and cons are still there if you want to see them. I posted his Summary ..."The Bottom line".
    So if the summary looks like cons to you, imagine anyone reading the review.

You're welcome.

Posted via CB10
    I know you didn't.. I didn't literally mean the cons he wrote, I meant whats not good about that phone in the eyes of the person who is buying it, The average user, not the BlackBerry Fan.. that's the first thing.. and if you don't think the Price is one of the cons, then I don't know what's your definition of Cons haha.

You stated "negative language" and took what you believe to be "negative" to support what you're saying.. Hence the cons.

Second thing is, His review wasn't negative.. he didn't murder it.. and he did spend time with it.. The fact that you say they're bloggers and they're not knowledgeable is just not true mate.
    06-27-16 08:36 PM
    CNET 100 - CNET .. Its no.76 and yes you've to scroll down and see it..
    Ah, very good - puts your previous comment in perspective. My assumption, based on your original comment, was that the Priv was ranked in the Top 100 of smart phones, which isn't the case. Looks like it's part of their Top 100 of personal electronics products, which would explain the presence of the MacBook Air and other personal gizmos.
    Sairos likes this.
    06-27-16 08:54 PM
    Ah, very good - puts your previous comment in perspective. My assumption, based on your original comment, was that the Priv was ranked in the Top 100 of smart phones, which isn't the case. Looks like it's part of their Top 100 of personal electronics products, which would explain the presence of the MacBook Air and other personal gizmos.
    Yes exactly its a big list of tech..
    06-27-16 08:54 PM
    I know you didn't.. I didn't literally mean the cons he wrote, I meant whats not good about that phone in the eyes of the person who is buying it, The average user, not the BlackBerry Fan.. that's the first thing.. and if you don't think the Price is one of the cons, then I don't know what's your definition of Cons haha.

You stated "negative language" and took what you believe to be "negative" to support what you're saying.. Hence the cons.

Second thing is, His review wasn't negative.. he didn't murder it.. and he did spend time with it.. The fact that you say they're bloggers and they're not knowledgeable is just not true mate.
    No, CNET I'd give credit to as real journalists. It's the tech crunches and phone arenas though that I would not. But, whether journalist or blogger they still use the same language and point out the only way you should buy the phone is if you fall into this or that niche. Objectively, the review is not a recommendation except in two small corner cases. That looks pretty harsh to me.

Also, apologies if I was not clearer earlier when I used the heteronym"read". In American English, the contextual pronunciation is "red", meaning "my take on the matter" not "reed" as if I was asking you to read ( or reread) the article. Not sure if those same idiosyncrasies exist in Queens English.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-16 09:11 PM
    No, CNET I'd give credit to as real journalists. It's the tech crunches and phone arenas though that I would not. But, whether journalist or blogger they still use the same language and point out the only way you should buy the phone is if you fall into this or that niche. Objectively, the review is not a recommendation except in two small corner cases. That looks pretty harsh to me.

Also, apologies if I was not clearer earlier when I used the heteronym"read". In American English, the contextual pronunciation is "red", meaning "my take on the matter" not "reed" as if I was asking you to read ( or reread) the article. Not sure if those same idiosyncrasies exist in Queens English.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah here we agree, Its definitely a niche phone.. I was dismayed by the fact that they made it like this.. I thought it should've been released without a PKB, Marketed as a Top range phone like any other phone, not the whole security thing.. Because that won't sell.. That just won't sell, I do agree its important but the masses don't agree on that..

However we disagree on the "recommendation part".. I judge by the rating and stars they give.. measuring by the 3.5 Stars and 7.6 overall rating.. I made a judgement that its a good & positive review.. It doesn't qualify as bad.. and the fact that they included it in their TOP 100 tech list means they think favorably of it.

Haha don't worry about it.. I just mistook it for the order verb, not the past verb.. They're both written the same way so I would only know if I'm hearing it xD.. I speak american English with a little British twist, as English is not my native language.. So Its Yankees English, not queens english xD.
    06-27-16 09:23 PM
    The problem is that it is acting as an old established company. If they want to really make any money they have to start thinking as entrepreneurs. They should work on some of the services they have and expand on them. Create services for businesses that can link them with their customers.
    06-28-16 03:50 PM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    The app ecosystem is what forced CEO chen's hand... he said so himself...

From my awesome Passport

Posted via CB10
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    06-28-16 05:04 PM

That's why I did not return mine for (really minor or even microscopic) light bleed on the edge of the keyboard... it's costing them real money!

:-D

Glad they still replaced my charger under warranty, awesome job!

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    06-28-16 06:02 PM
    So in other words... The BB10 diehards here are a bunch of "I'd like to talk to the manager" soccermoms that doesn't reel in any profits, and complain when they are being ditched, whining how they are "loyal customers" and deserve more attention.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    06-29-16 06:37 AM

I dunno about this post Troy as it doesn't match my experience with BlackBerry.

I have bought 12 bb10 phones including a Passport and they all worked fine and continue to do fine without issues. Haven't had to sink a penny in repairs for any of them. One Q5 started to act up after 8 months and it was replaced by BlackBerry under warranty.

Every Samsung and LG I bought, however, either broke or had some defects before the contract was up so I had enough of that nonsense. My kids use BlackBerrys now and despite the rough use the phones get, they still are working great.

I cant speak for the Priv however as I don't own one.

Posted via CB10
    bh7171 likes this.
    06-29-16 04:07 PM
    Eight years ago, the defenders laughed at the idea that BlackBerry needed a new OS. The defenders refused to see that Android OEM were building phones with much better specs for much less that the STORM, Torch or the Bold or Curves of that day.

It's a fan site and that is what fans do!

But then you look at the #1 Fan... he laid out what BlackBerry had to do. Waited, watched and supported.... and then moved on. Think in his heart he will always be a CrackBerry fan... But in the end they failed him and he just couldn't defend them anymore.
    Same applies on BB10 fans!

Posted via Priv (soon to be replaced with Passport SE)
    togarika likes this.
    06-29-16 04:24 PM
    The problem is that it is acting as an old established company. If they want to really make any money they have to start thinking as entrepreneurs. They should work on some of the services they have and expand on them. Create services for businesses that can link them with their customers.
    While you aren't wrong, the problem is that from a business perspective, BB is an old, established business, and their board and stockholders aren't going to let BB spend their remaining funds - or worse, go into debt - on high-risk adventures. Management hasn't earned that kind of leeway after tanking the company like they did. Small, lean startups are given that kind of leeway, but not multi-billion dollar companies who have seen their stock fall from $126/share to $6/share, and their marketshare fall from 40% to 0.1%.
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-29-16 09:05 PM
    I believe that BlackBerry users won't switch to android. Very few might.
    I think Windows 10 Mobile will get quite a few of them. (Including myself, I now run a Lumia 950 alongside my beloved Q10.)

I have bought 12 bb10 phones including a Passport and they all worked fine and continue to do fine without issues. Haven't had to sink a penny in repairs for any of them. One Q5 started to act up after 8 months and it was replaced by BlackBerry under warranty.

Every Samsung and LG I bought, however, either broke or had some defects before the contract was up so I had enough of that nonsense. My kids use BlackBerrys now and despite the rough use the phones get, they still are working great.
    The same for me. I have bought every BB10 device that came out, and bought another twelve for my family (a Z10, three Passports, five Classics and three Privs). None have had any problems whatsoever, including the PRIVs.
    Last edited by ayngling; 06-30-16 at 10:56 AM.
    06-30-16 10:45 AM

I cant speak for the Priv however as I don't own one.

Posted via CB10
    I have purchased 14 BlackBerry devices with zero defects or issues. 2 9000, 2 9700, 2 9900, 2 PlayBook, 2 Z10, 2 Z30, a White Passport and Blue Classic. The Z10 I am using with added line is better today than the day purchased in '13.

Z10 on 10.3.2
    06-30-16 11:39 AM
    I have purchased 14 BlackBerry devices with zero defects or issues. 2 9000, 2 9700, 2 9900, 2 PlayBook, 2 Z10, 2 Z30, a White Passport and Blue Classic. The Z10 I am using with added line is better today than the day purchased in '13.

Z10 on 10.3.2
    Yep, my z10, without a case, has been dropped from significant heights many times. The battery cover pops off and the battery falls out. Just put the battery back in and fire it up. No problem. My daughter's Q5 has has been thrown around, sometimes at great velocity and not a scratch on it although it does have a thin TPU skin on it to improve the grip.

So I just wanted to make the point that all my BlackBerry 10 phones have been very durable, despite what the other poster was implying, although I do admit that my q10 and Passport don't see an abundance of use. Darn sim on the Passport is nano so no swapping sims there, and I prefer the Q5 keyboard to that on the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-16 05:42 PM
104 ... 2345