All kidding aside, I agree with you 100%. Unfortunately, I am on Sprint.
    All I can say... if Google can build the unlocked Nexus phones for any carrier, BlackBerry could also.
    06-24-16 02:10 PM
    Motorola X Pure Edition also works universally with every carrier. You'd think it would save Blackberry money by making one phone instead or 4-5 versions.

Z5 Premium - 6.0.1 - T-Mobile USA
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    06-24-16 02:19 PM
    Grt attitude, I hope BlackBerry doesn't share your sentiment towards customers.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    What could he have said otherwise that would alter the thoughts of the individual he was responding too?

Z10 on 10.3.2
    Sairos likes this.
    06-24-16 02:22 PM
    What could he have said otherwise that would alter the thoughts of the individual he was responding too?

Z10 on 10.3.2
    There was nothing. And what he said didn't change my mind either.

Blackberry should be listening to its customers, they are not, and more importantly, there are a tonne of defenders here.

All that's gonna happen is they will be frustrated with sub par devices, and the people who leave, won't care anymore.

I want to continue buying phones from Blackberry, but they're just not worth the money.

Posted via a Priv on an 6.0 Mushroom
    06-24-16 02:28 PM
    Too be honest I don't know if he can make the smartphone business profitable... what I do expect is that it will have to happen with fewer than 2 Million devcies a YEAR, and will be a slow process of getting these customers to switch from BBOS/BB10 to Android.
    They need more than just current customers switching to Android. There simply are not enough of us left. They need to attract new blood into the Cult of the 'Berry.
    06-24-16 02:47 PM

Blackberry should be listening to its customers, they are not, and more importantly, there are a tonne of defenders here.

All that's gonna happen is they will be frustrated with sub par devices, and the people who leave, won't care anymore.

I want to continue buying phones from Blackberry, but they're just not worth the money.

Eight years ago, the defenders laughed at the idea that BlackBerry needed a new OS. The defenders refused to see that Android OEM were building phones with much better specs for much less that the STORM, Torch or the Bold or Curves of that day.

It's a fan site and that is what fans do!

But then you look at the #1 Fan... he laid out what BlackBerry had to do. Waited, watched and supported.... and then moved on. Think in his heart he will always be a CrackBerry fan... But in the end they failed him and he just couldn't defend them anymore.
    Ronindan likes this.
    06-24-16 02:48 PM
    Grt attitude, I hope BlackBerry doesn't share your sentiment towards customers.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    You see, I was waiting for a comment like this.. Its boring so you might want to reinvent yourself xD.. I objectively defended the brand and told him to wait for newer devices.. The guy apparently was pissed off, then all I can say to him is Farewell..
    Last edited by Sairos; 06-24-16 at 03:51 PM.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    06-24-16 03:36 PM

I'm sorry to say so but you actually flatter yourself too much.. I wasn't trying to convince you.. One less customer, you said it yourself.. You making us feel like the future of the hardware segment depends on you.. I was defending a brand I like.. If you come here and expect us not to defend the brand, then you're in for a surprise.

Now I did agree with you, about the pricing and many aspects that I think was done in a wrong way. I would NEVER defend something out of blind fandom.. I'm not a fan girl, you see.. And as a matter of fact, I bought a Samsung since 2013.. So I really understand all what you saying about the better offerings, the better pricing, bla bla bla...

But the point is, if you're not satisfied with BlackBerry, if you think they make bad quality, sub-par and not worth the money devices, then why you do you own one? Why are you here? .. Sell the Devices.. Buy the better offerings..

But I would disagree from here until 100 years.

BlackBerry Doesn't make Sub-par, not worth the money, bad quality devices. ..
    06-24-16 03:43 PM
    I'm sorry to say so but you actually flatter yourself too much.. I wasn't trying to convince you.. One less customer, you said it yourself.. You making us feel like the future of the hardware segment depends on you.. I was defending a brand I like.. If you come here and expect us not to defend the brand, then you're in for a surprise.

Now I did agree with you, about the pricing and many aspects that I think was done in a wrong way. I would NEVER defend something out of blind fandom.. I'm not a fan girl, you see.. And as a matter of fact, I bought a Samsung since 2013.. So I really understand all what you saying about the better offerings, the better pricing, bla bla bla...

But the point is, if you're not satisfied with BlackBerry, if you think they make bad quality, sub-par and not worth the money devices, then why you do you own one? Why are you here? .. Sell the Devices.. Buy the better offerings..

But I would disagree from here until 100 years.

BlackBerry Doesn't make Sub-par, not worth the money, bad quality devices. ..
    You see, that's where you're wrong. It DOES depend on me. Not me specifically, but thousands of people like me.

Besides, if you bought a Samsung, you also have no clue what money for value is. They also make terrible phones.

I would love to sell my Priv and buy something else, but unfortunately the value drops so fast that I can't get enough to buy something decent.

The reason I still have mine is because I'm clearly an *****.

06-24-16 05:44 PM
    You see, that's where you're wrong. It DOES depend on me. Not me specifically, but thousands of people like me.

Besides, if you bought a Samsung, you also have no clue what money for value is. They also make terrible phones.

I would love to sell my Priv and buy something else, but unfortunately the value drops so fast that I can't get enough to buy something decent.

The reason I still have mine is because I'm clearly an *****.

No it DOESN'T depend on You.. and you speak for yourself only, you don't speak for thousands out there.. You're not the official spokesman of BlackBerry fans.. So your opinion is yours and yours only.. Take that in mind.. So when you tell me the devices are sub-par and not worth the money, you're speaking for yourself.. Thousands of people out there would disagree with you..

"They also make terrible Phones".. So I'm guessing that "also" refers to BlackBerry, Right?.. You keep pushing it mate, This is a BlackBerry fan website.

Samsung doesn't make terrible phones, Certain devices are terrible but not all of them. Their UI is terrible though.

I bought my Samsung device in Jan/2013, It was released in Sep/2012, When most of the brands you see now didn't even exist. The HTC one wasn't even out.. So the fact that you're making a judgement about the purchase of my Phone without knowing any information, makes you simply.. ah, I'm going to leave that guess for you xD.. Little piece of advice though, Don't make judgments without Info.

Also a Person who knows what "money for value is" wouldn't be stuck with something that drops in value.
    DolemiteDONS and dolco like this.
    06-24-16 06:09 PM
    Honestly, unless something fantastic happens, this is one less Blackberry customer.

I was willing to stick for the quality of products and commitment to them. But they don't have either one anymore.

They also charge way too much money for them. Other companies are making better products for a lower price.

I have a vzw priv and it's pretty nice quality. I haven't had the issues others report from other carriers

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    06-24-16 06:21 PM
    I have a vzw priv and it's pretty nice quality. I haven't had the issues others report from other carriers

Posted with my shiny new Priv

Yes. I've had an AT&T Priv since the November launch and have had NONE of the "issues" some have reported. In fact, its been such a great phone for me, I just purchased a second Priv this week. So, no one should read personal opinions as a general rule about any device.
    bh7171 and Sairos like this.
    06-24-16 06:50 PM
    "Chen insists BlackBerry can make money from smartphone business"

He could if he sells six handsets a year in the following flavours: budget BlackBerry 10 device, mid-range BlackBerry 10 device, high-end BlackBerry 10 device, budget Android device, mid-range Android device, and a high-end Android device. Now of course, some people are going to find fault with this, but it's honestly a great way IMO to keep their users interested with fresh devices available in different price ranges and a true choice of either Android or BlackBerry 10.
    06-24-16 07:05 PM

He could if he sells six handsets a year in the following flavours: budget BlackBerry 10 device, mid-range BlackBerry 10 device, high-end BlackBerry 10 device, budget Android device, mid-range Android device, and a high-end Android device. Now of course, some people are going to find fault with this, but it's honestly a great way IMO to keep their users interested with fresh devices available in different price ranges and a true choice of either Android or BlackBerry 10.
    Given that BB can't sell enough of any device to be profitable, why would having more device choices, which would mean spending a lot more in design, development, and support, but fewer phones sold of each example, possibly make BB money? In the smartphone business, money is made by selling a whole lot of a given item, not by selling a few of a bunch of items.
    TgeekB, Sairos, JeepBB and 2 others like this.
    06-24-16 07:37 PM

Apple makes it work with two premium priced devices a year when you cut through their gimmickery. The top of the line iPhone sets you back nearly $1G and really does not do any more than the entry level model.

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition 10.3.2.2876 on T-Mobile
    06-24-16 07:43 PM
    adios end your suffering...

Posted via CB10

I agree! This is exactly why I spend most of my time here in Rehab...every time I step out of rehab the forums are filled with negativity. I swear people just come here to complain. There are two types of people in this world....people who talk and people who do!
    06-25-16 02:16 AM
    I agree! This is exactly why I spend most of my time here in Rehab...every time I step out of rehab the forums are filled with negativity. I swear people just come here to complain. There are two types of people in this world....people who talk and people who do!
    haha yeah dont make life complicated..

As far as I know after shifting to berry last May 2014 after being specs hog and reading all stuffs regarding android and ios. I became a caveman and I love it loool. so I cant recommend any OS to the thread starter for now because since that time im only reading berry articles and berry stuffs. the last time I focus my attention on android is when the oS was still iCe cream sandwich and jelly bean hahahaha

I also dont care if others says that blackberry is dying. for as long as I can use the hub, spotify, my accountant and alots of office and navigational apps then I will continue to use blackberry

Posted via CB10
    bh7171 and Carjackd like this.
    06-25-16 03:19 AM
    When the CEO essentially shoots the company in the butt by saying it may exit the handset business, plus abandoning the core OS how on earth do you expect customers to come into the fold?! "We have phones for sale" but no promise we'll support it after the fact. Whether that's a reality, it's the perception of potential customers.

This latest statement doesn't amend what's already been said, nor does it help build confidence in Blackberry with it's waffling. Chen should not open his mouth without thinking, but as long as he's the leader, it'll continue.
    acovey likes this.
    06-25-16 07:08 AM
    Chen also insisted that 2015 would be a growth year for BlackBerry.... yet they laid off people and revenues fell overall.

He is a salesman, trying to sell a product... BlackBerry the company, to investors.

Too be honest I don't know if he can make the smartphone business profitable... what I do expect is that it will have to happen with fewer than 2 Million devcies a YEAR, and will be a slow process of getting these customers to switch from BBOS/BB10 to Android.
    The general assumption is that BlackBerry only need that one device, priced right, or that one killer marketing campaign, to to solidify and turn-around handset sales. The turn-around for handsets is more like a 5-year proposition and I don't think is something that "should" have happened by now. I mean, look at the main deterrents to owning a BlackBerry handset: name/brand/image, and, price--but mostly it's about the image. When Apple and Samsung where first becoming popular was at the same time consumers began to see BlackBerry as the dinosaur. So what happened? This is when consumers, as corollary, became younger and younger as parents eased up on restricting smartphones to their children. Between Apple, Samsung, and BlackBerry (and Huawei, ZTE, back then, too) which one's do you think teenagers are going to go for? Even adults, looking to remain "cool", were ditching their BlackBerries. BlackBerry back then, like BlackBerry now, continue to paint them self as the brand for the power professional. And it will take them a few years to change that image.... ....if they want to.

Anyway, 500K devices over the last quarter seems pretty good for an "$800 phone" that few want.

He has been making steps in the right direction towards profit: move manufacturing out; move design out; potentially licensing the OS/brand; etc. Chen just needs one partner: Huawei, ZTE, OnePlus, et al., who can build phones cheaply, and with decent specs, to sell at a low(er) price. How many units do you think BlackBerry would have moved since launch if the Priv was priced at $400? One Million? Two? Three? My guess, at least two million by now.

If the Rome is over $400, and we all know it will be, we can only expect lackluster sales based on price alone. Considering that handsets are still not profitable it might be their best move to "fire sale" these devices (Rome and Hamburg) at $350, give or take.
    bh7171 likes this.
    06-25-16 10:28 AM

Anyway, 500K devices over the last quarter seems pretty good for an "$800 phone" that few want.

I don't think they sold 500k Privs
    JeepBB, Sairos and dolco like this.
    06-25-16 10:45 AM
    Given that BB can't sell enough of any device to be profitable, why would having more device choices, which would mean spending a lot more in design, development, and support, but fewer phones sold of each example, possibly make BB money? In the smartphone business, money is made by selling a whole lot of a given item, not by selling a few of a bunch of items.
    Presently. I suspect this will change with the slow down of flagship sales across all brands as is happening.

Z10 on 10.3.2
    06-25-16 11:41 AM
    I don't think they sold 500k Privs
    ... certainly not when ASP was $290.

Mostly Passports, Leaps ... and 9900's (you can't keep a good OS down LOL) is my guess.
    06-25-16 12:38 PM
    All kidding aside, I agree with you 100%. Unfortunately, I am on Sprint.
    Feel your pain - dumped Sprint last week after seventeen years, and now have a Priv with Verizon - thankfully with none of the issues others detailed above.
    06-25-16 03:17 PM
    They DO it right now.

"U want an BB10 phone? Get our Android Phones or leave!" that's BlackBerry now.

Posted via CB10
    Then when I can't get a BB10 I will leave. But in the mean time I will continue to complain.
    Sairos and Asvertus like this.
    06-25-16 09:14 PM
    They did not say buy android not BB10. BB10 sales fell off the cliff so they had to go Android. If they had stayed with BB10 they would of sold only 100,000 BB10 phones this quarter, or maybe shut down. So why the silly comments. BB does not want to lose customers, to say that is really stupid. They are a business, and a publicly traded company, and need to make money or else.
    06-26-16 08:15 AM
104 1234 ...