06-23-16 10:55 AM
    Chen also insisted that 2015 would be a growth year for BlackBerry.... yet they laid off people and revenues fell overall.

He is a salesman, trying to sell a product... BlackBerry the company, to investors.

Too be honest I don't know if he can make the smartphone business profitable... what I do expect is that it will have to happen with fewer than 2 Million devcies a YEAR, and will be a slow process of getting these customers to switch from BBOS/BB10 to Android.
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 06-24-16 at 01:38 PM.
    JeepBB, kirson, dolco and 2 others like this.
    06-23-16 11:27 AM
    Chen also insisted that 2015 would be a growth year for BlackBerry.... yet they laid off people and revenues fell overall.

He is a salesman, trying to sell a product... BlackBerry the company, to investors.

Too be honest I don't know if he can make the smartphone business profitable... what I do expect is that it will have to happen with fewer than 2 Million devcies a quarter, and will be a slow process of getting these customers to switch from BBOS/BB10 to Android.
    2 million devices per quarter? They would be delighted at that. At this rate, we're lucky to see just 1 million devices sold PER YEAR!

Posted via CB10
    kirson likes this.
    06-23-16 02:00 PM
    2 million devices per quarter? They would be delighted at that. At this rate, we're lucky to see just 1 million devices sold PER YEAR!

Posted via CB10
    I reckon DDD made a typo

500k x 4 quarters = 2M per year.

I agree with the rest of his post though - Chen is talking things up. It's his job, he's CEO.
    TgeekB, TGR1, kirson and 1 others like this.
    06-23-16 03:17 PM
    Honestly, unless something fantastic happens, this is one less Blackberry customer.

I was willing to stick for the quality of products and commitment to them. But they don't have either one anymore.

They also charge way too much money for them. Other companies are making better products for a lower price.

Posted via a Priv on an 6.0 Mushroom
    BlackberryFan777 and p0307 like this.
    06-23-16 03:35 PM
    I was willing to stick for the quality of products and commitment to them. But they don't have either one anymore.
    The products still have high quality.
    David Tyler and ayngling like this.
    06-23-16 03:40 PM
    But its android now

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    Asvertus likes this.
    06-23-16 03:43 PM
    The products still have high quality.
    Passport screen lifting, double typing, and Priv creaking and groaning and screen clicking.

No, the products are no longer high quality.

Bbnivende and cribble2k like this.
    06-23-16 04:25 PM
    Passport screen lifting, double typing, and Priv creaking and groaning and screen clicking.

No, the products are no longer high quality.

I don't think it was reported by Tech reviewers that the phones struggle from build quality.. However I do agree that the pricing is bad and the competition offers better pricing.. But you got to excuse them for their struggle.. They can't compete with the Chinese for several reasons.. Now they're outsourcing the phone making, so you will see better specs and pricing in the next two android devices.

Plus, BlackBerry offers this personal touch that's lacking in any other device.. All the phones out there are bunch of generic big screen phones. You probably can't tell them apart from a few meters in a Cell phones store.. But every BlackBerry device is personal and feels different.. You kinda Miss the phone when you stop using it.. Give the two android devices a chance..
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    06-23-16 04:39 PM
    I don't think it was reported by Tech reviewers that the phones struggle from build quality.. However I do agree that the pricing is bad and the competition offers better pricing.. But you got to excuse them for their struggle.. They can't compete with the Chinese for several reasons.. Now they're outsourcing the phone making, so you will see better specs and pricing in the next two android devices.

Plus, BlackBerry offers this personal touch that's lacking in any other device.. All the phones out there are bunch of generic big screen phones. You probably can't tell them apart from a few meters in a Cell phones store.. But every BlackBerry device is personal and feels different.. You kinda Miss the phone when you stop using it.. Give the two android devices a chance..
    I don't need it to be reported. I owned both the passport, and I own a Priv. I suffered through screen lifting, and the creaking and groaning.

The only personal touch I've seen from blackberry is a decline in quality along with their cost cutting.

I won't give the new android devices a chance because I'm not in the market for a downgrade.

At 400USD, probably 550CAD, I can just pick up a one plus 3 or any high end huawei.

I understand WHY blackberry can't competed on specs/price. But that doesn't mean I have to put up with it.

TgeekB, Ronindan, TGR1 and 3 others like this.
    06-23-16 06:41 PM
    I don't need it to be reported. I owned both the passport, and I own a Priv. I suffered through screen lifting, and the creaking and groaning.

The only personal touch I've seen from blackberry is a decline in quality along with their cost cutting.

I won't give the new android devices a chance because I'm not in the market for a downgrade.

At 400USD, probably 550CAD, I can just pick up a one plus 3 or any high end huawei.

I understand WHY blackberry can't competed on specs/price. But that doesn't mean I have to put up with it.

Okay Mate.. You know where the door is.. Farewell.
    06-23-16 07:03 PM

That's the thing. If you're going to sell a device for $700, it had better be top of the line.
    southlander likes this.
    06-24-16 06:41 AM
    I reckon DDD made a typo

500k x 4 quarters = 2M per year.

I agree with the rest of his post though - Chen is talking things up. It's his job, he's CEO.
    Agreed. Until software and services can soak up the difference and then some, he can't abandon hardware.
    06-24-16 08:05 AM
    Okay Mate.. You know where the door is.. Farewell.
    Grt attitude, I hope BlackBerry doesn't share your sentiment towards customers.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    KellyM4 likes this.
    06-24-16 08:40 AM

adios end your suffering...

Posted via CB10
    Sairos and Carjackd like this.
    06-24-16 09:29 AM

Sadly, given the ease with which BB abandoned the BBOS guys (30M of them), the Playbook guys (2M?), and later the BB10 guys (10M?); I think BlackBerry *does* share that sentiment.

Personally, I think the BB Android guys are next to be abandoned. It just hasn't happened ... yet.
    06-24-16 10:20 AM
    I hope BlackBerry has plans to release a BB10 in the near future.

BlackBerry BB10 forever
    acovey likes this.
    06-24-16 10:30 AM
    I hope BlackBerry has plans to release a BB10 in the near future.

BlackBerry BB10 forever
    I think the next BB10 device will be release shortly after the next BBOS device and immediately after the next Playbook...
    06-24-16 10:40 AM
    I think spending any type of money on the Android is a waste, especially when you OS is being supported by higher ups and they still need updates not just certifications..but actual patches and/or improvements. Just 3 good devices: low tier (classic), mid tier (full touch z60), and high tier (full touch blackberry passport 3)

Invest in yourselves and not others
    06-24-16 10:41 AM
    I think spending any type of money on the Android is a waste, especially when you OS is being supported by higher ups and they still need updates not just certifications..but actual patches and/or improvements. Just 3 good devices: low tier (classic), mid tier (full touch z60), and high tier (full touch blackberry passport 3)

Invest in yourselves and not others
    Android gives them a chance... BB10 had it's shot and failed.
    Sairos likes this.
    06-24-16 11:21 AM
    Android gives them a chance... BB10 had it's shot and failed.
    BB10 had it's shot and failed = sad, but true.

Android gives them a chance = sad.
    06-24-16 01:10 PM
    BB10 had it's shot and failed = sad, but true.

Android gives them a chance = sad.
    I think PKB users would rather have the option of Android than no option at all....

But yeah after those early years of us mocking Android, it's tough to eat crow.... But the truth is Android has become a stable platform, depending on how you set it up it can even be a pretty secure/private platform.
    kirson and DolemiteDONS like this.
    06-24-16 01:41 PM
    I think the next BB10 device will be release shortly after the next BBOS device and immediately after the next Playbook...
    I for one cannot WAIT to not buy the next Playbook!

Passport SE, "The BlockBerry" - Cricket Wireless
    kirson and BeautyEh like this.
    06-24-16 01:52 PM

They DO it right now.

"U want an BB10 phone? Get our Android Phones or leave!" that's BlackBerry now.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-16 02:00 PM
    I think PKB users would rather have the option of Android than no option at all....

But yeah after those early years of us mocking Android, it's tough to eat crow.... But the truth is Android has become a stable platform, depending on how you set it up it can even be a pretty secure/private platform.
    All kidding aside, I agree with you 100%. Unfortunately, I am on Sprint.
    06-24-16 02:04 PM
104 123 ...