01-11-14 06:48 AM
    Chen so far seems to be the person Blackberry needs right now to turn it around. He is saying all the right things and making good decisions. Is it enough to save Blackberry? Only time will tell, but I hope he succeeds.

Sent from my iPod touch using CB Forums mobile app
    01-11-14 07:04 AM
    His analogy to being a doctor is inspired.
    Chen exudes confidence but in a simple honest way, not a boastful load way.
    I think I love him.

Posted via CB10
    Parrillas NY likes this.
    01-11-14 07:15 AM
    "�How you get sick is not the concern of the doctor,� Chen said. �The concern is how to fix you.�

This is kind of wrong, unless the doctor only wants to treat the symptoms and not to actually cure you.
    WorkStation 0 and southlander like this.
    01-11-14 07:27 AM
    "“How you get sick is not the concern of the doctor,” Chen said. “The concern is how to fix you.”

This is kind of wrong, unless the doctor only wants to treat the symptoms and not to actually cure you.
    BF, I agree somewhat, the cause may be of no concern to the Doctor but, they must acknowledge the cause and illness and work to remedy it.
    01-11-14 07:45 AM
    This quote:

"How you get sick is not the concern of the doctor. The concern is how to fix you."

Is similar to Buddha's teaching:

"The eradication of suffering is like freeing oneself of an impaled arrow. Do not linger too long in debate on how the arrow got in you. Just pull it out."

Clearly the Buddha has returned to us. He is the CEO of BlackBerry .
    NinjaB, mkelley65, RJB55 and 15 others like this.
    01-11-14 07:59 AM
    "�How you get sick is not the concern of the doctor,� Chen said. �The concern is how to fix you.�

We know what the symptoms are. There are a billion threads since 2008 that have laid them all out.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 08:01 AM
    We know what the symptoms are. There are a billion threads since 2008 that have laid them all out.

Posted via CB10
    We know but do they know?
    01-11-14 08:27 AM

The point is that Chen knows what's wrong and believes he can fix BlackBerry. That's the focus, not the imperfection in some analogy rather than on the fact that this guy is confident in Blackberry being a good healthy company again.

And by the way, notice that he said "HOW you get sick". So he is technically right. A doctor doesn't need to know how you got Mono (from making out with a few girls)....just that it's mono and how to get rid of it.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 08:38 AM
    The point is that Chen knows what's wrong and believes he can fix BlackBerry. That's the focus, not the imperfection in some analogy rather than on the fact that this guy is confident in Blackberry being a good healthy company again.

And by the way, notice that he said "HOW you get sick". So he is technically right. A doctor doesn't need to know how you got Mono (from making out with a few girls)....just that it's mono and how to get rid of it.

Posted via CB10
    Unless its an outbreak, which needs to be nipped and contained.
    01-11-14 08:45 AM
    Unless its an outbreak, which needs to be nipped and contained.
    How does that apply to BlackBerry? Chen knows the issues and can fix them. That is what he is saying. Some people just need to go into every thread and nit pick and disagree just for the sake of it. The focus is not the analogy and how he stated it. The focus is he believes he can fix it.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 08:52 AM
    We know but do they know?
    LOL, based on them keep making the same mistakes over and over and over again, it appears that the previous management groups did not. Hopefully with Chen not fully jumping into the Waterloo reality distortion field and keeping a foot in Silicon Valley, he will be able to see the issues that the people in Waterloo refused to acknowledge!

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 09:03 AM
    LOL, based on them keep making the same mistakes over and over and over again, it appears that the previous management groups did not. Hopefully with Chen not fully jumping into the Waterloo reality distortion field and keeping a foot in Silicon Valley, he will be able to see the issues that the people in Waterloo refused to acknowledge!

Posted via CB10
    Well we hope, I'm not convinced yet.
    canook likes this.
    01-11-14 09:07 AM
    Ummmm,.. The Doctor is in the House,...
    01-11-14 09:47 AM
    Take tons of apps and a large dosage of marketing. That will be a start in curing the patient.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    01-11-14 10:03 AM
    I know there are rules against this but the site is not loading for me so can someone pls quote the article? Or just the relevant bits? Thanks lol.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 10:13 AM
    Take tons of apps and a large dosage of marketing. That will be a start in curing the patient.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    Chen has two patients, his sticking the enterprise patient into a private room at the best hospital while the consumer patient is on a stretcher with a drip attached to the arm in a hall at the waiting room.
    01-11-14 10:23 AM
    BlackBerry needs some abnormal right now

C001B7B16 The Gif Exchange
    web99 likes this.
    01-11-14 10:42 AM
    Chen has two patients, his sticking the enterprise patient into a private room at the best hospital while the consumer patient is on a stretcher with a drip attached to the arm in a hall at the waiting room.
    It's all one company. How do you think BlackBerry got big in the first place? Enterprise. They need to regroup

sleepngbear likes this.
    01-11-14 10:44 AM
    Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 10:49 AM
    It's all one company. How do you think BlackBerry got big in the first place? Enterprise. They need to regroup

Yeah but I'm a consumer with a Q10 on a 2 year contract, not enterprise.
    01-11-14 11:01 AM

That was when they were the only viable solution for the Enterprise and the brand name was thought of well. BlackBerry devices were for important people and before the iPhone it was the only device that did email and communications well. Many things have changed since the early to mid 2000s and it is unlikely to see a business out to consumer paradigm again. We are seeing the consumer market is ahead in technology and working it's way into business. Government is even looking a Mac OS initiatives on the desktop because the kids that used them in college want to use them and can be more productive on them, and they are easier to support based on my experience with them.

Posted via CB10
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-11-14 11:10 AM
    Yeah but I'm a consumer with a Q10 on a 2 year contract, not enterprise.
    Don't worry, your 2 year contract will be up before all of this will affect you. At that point you can decide on the consumer device you want.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 11:11 AM
    Don't worry, your 2 year contract will be up before all of this will affect you. At that point you can decide on the consumer device you want.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly, I need my Q10 fully functional now not 2 years from now.
    01-11-14 11:24 AM
    This quote:

"How you get sick is not the concern of the doctor. The concern is how to fix you."

Is similar to Buddha's teaching:

"The eradication of suffering is like freeing oneself of an impaled arrow. Do not linger too long in debate on how the arrow got in you. Just pull it out."

Clearly the Buddha has returned to us. He is the CEO of BlackBerry .
    Oh wow. I like that. That's awesome.

Posted via CB10
    greenberry666 likes this.
    01-11-14 11:26 AM
72 123