That is true. 1 Billion $$ isn't what it use to be. I don't think Apple really cares about managing any android or BB or windows phones.
    No they don't... nothing exists outside of their devices.

Which is what people hate about Apple - and it's what makes Apple a non commodity type product.
    06-04-14 03:56 PM
    I only call on fortune 500 companies and 80+% of what I see is iPhone. The issue BlackBerry has even on the mdm side is a lack of capital. It's why the hardware business is likely to fail. They can't win the battle when competitors can pluck talented employees at will, can spent 10x the money on r&d and marketing. I still feel the os would be successful if they are bought by a company like Amazon that could pump money into these areas.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 11:12 PM
    IOS is the device of choice for tablets, well it has been, since the iPad came out. Those devices count. Add iPhones and you do get a VERY large percentage of the user base. Apple's new enterprise push is not really an MDM, at least no more than the apple configuration utility is. It beefs that product up some but it is still woefully lacking.

BlackBerry is NOT going to win the handset war any time soon. It will take years of meaningful progress to make even a dent in android. They NEED to go cross platform software and services, period. They need features that no one else has or can deliver, they need to push the NOC to its full potential and realize that the traffic from BlackBerry is going to continue to decline. Use it for something more, some other type of secure traffic.
    Ecm likes this.
    06-05-14 06:04 AM
    I only call on fortune 500 companies and 80+% of what I see is iPhone. The issue BlackBerry has even on the mdm side is a lack of capital. I
    I don't know. I imagine Mobile Iron probably worries greatly about the scenario where BlackBerry says, "OK we're out of handsets. We're gonna focus our $3 billion in cash on building up our BES install base to crush the MDM market".

$3 billion doesn't go far against Microsoft, Apple, and Google's deep pockets, when one also has single digit marketshare. But what does it do to Mobile Iron, Good etc when the BES install base is proprotionately much larger than the handeld marketshare? ;-) I suspect a lot farther.
    06-05-14 07:15 AM
    And Chen owns the mom piece

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 08:54 PM
55 123