I met with a financial advisor from Sunlife for our annual review. We go back a long ways and I know he uses a BlackBerry legacy device. As the meeting rolled along I made a comment on he still using his BlackBerry. He then said his company may go iphone......and look at you, I thought you were a diehard BlackBerry user. I said I am....its the z30! He had no clue! Well then the questions started to fly, and the z30 impressed. He wants the larger screen as he is just over 50 and he can't read his screen. We have a follow up meeting in a few weeks for lesson 2. Anyhow, Chen better go and get that account back!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Karan Mohal like this.
    02-28-14 07:29 AM
    Why? You seem to be doing a fine job yourself.
    02-28-14 07:33 AM
    The IT decision makers need to be the ones that are educated, specifically about BES10 and BB10 and UDS for cross platform. At this point BB doesnt really care if companies pick other devices, as long as they are managed by BES10. That is where the real money for them is.
    02-28-14 07:34 AM
    So why are then the devices so mispriced if they are supposed to be the carrot?...

? Q1O
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    02-28-14 07:50 AM
    The IT decision makers need to be the ones that are educated, specifically about BES10 and BB10 and UDS for cross platform. At this point BB doesnt really care if companies pick other devices, as long as they are managed by BES10. That is where the real money for them is.
    I agree, but it also depends on the OTHER high level decision makers knowing about bb10 / bes10...all it takes is one person at the senior management table to say "hey wait a minute...what about those new blackberry phones, I hear they're pretty good."

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 07:51 AM
    As long as they are going to BES10.....Sunlife I am sure has a few devices.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 07:51 AM
    As long as they are going to BES10.....Sunlife I am sure has a few devices.

Posted via CB10
    Very likely they do. Any sales, even enterprise services side are a big win for BlackBerry, that is what they need.
    02-28-14 07:55 AM
    Why can't blackberry msg everyone on bbos that they have new phones...

I'm in Toronto, the backbone of Blackberry and each and every day I'm still showing people that BlackBerry has new devices. I still get " oh, who would've thought"

It's so sad blackberrys marketing team. Seriously how much would it cost to have a couple hot girls drive around in a car shaped like a BlackBerry like Red Bull does. Best marketing campaign ever for about $300 a day

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    wincyUt and Karan Mohal like this.
    02-28-14 08:12 AM
    Scenario 1:
    Hey everyone, we're issuing the new BlackBerry 10 devices. Never heard of them? No... they work nothing like your current BlackBerry devices. Oh ok... I guess we'll have to provide and pay for hours and hours of training.

Scenario 2:
    Hey everyone, we're issuing iPhones. Yeah, just ask your kids for help.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 08:34 AM
    Scenario 1:
    Hey everyone, we're issuing the new BlackBerry 10 devices. Never heard of them? No... they work nothing like your current BlackBerry devices. Oh ok... I guess we'll have to provide and pay for hours and hours of training.

Scenario 2:

Posted via CB10
    If your employees are so dim that it takes them hours and hours to learn BB10, you've got much bigger problems than which mobility solution you choose.

Honestly, have any of the people who come here -- a BlackBerry fan site -- to bash on BlackBerry even used one of these things? They're pretty neat!
    02-28-14 08:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    Lol
    02-28-14 09:27 AM
    If your employees are so dim that it takes them hours and hours to learn BB10, you've got much bigger problems than which mobility solution you choose.
    Unfortunately this does not apply to many industries, and financial is one of them. In fact I think the majority of people over 40 will have a hard time learning anything outside of their day to day work activities.
    seluje likes this.
    02-28-14 09:34 AM
    Unfortunately this does not apply to many industries, and financial is one of them. In fact I think the majority of people over 40 will have a hard time learning anything outside of their day to day work activities.
    Sure, that's true, but "learning" a BlackBerry when your employer sticks one in your hand and says "LEARN. IT." it will take 15 minutes... acknowledging that this same 15 minutes is too much for a consumer (or for that matter carrier store clerk) to spend UNLESS THEY'RE FORCED TO.

At this point I'd say this.

BlackBerry should put out an advertisment:

"We will give you $5 cash if you go to your carrier store and have an interactive demo with BlackBerry 10 device and can pass a simple test about what you learned... then, if you like the device, you will get $100 credit on your account and a $0 BlackBerry 10 device if you sign up for a 2 year contract".

Yes, if you actually PAY people CASH, they might spend 15 minutes being educated about the device... then they may not buy one, but their opinion of the device will have improved because, as with most things BlackBerry, to know it is to love it.
    SteelGreek and DJRikko like this.
    02-28-14 12:42 PM
    Sure, that's true, but "learning" a BlackBerry when your employer sticks one in your hand and says "LEARN. IT." it will take 15 minutes... acknowledging that this same 15 minutes is too much for a consumer (or for that matter carrier store clerk) to spend UNLESS THEY'RE FORCED TO.

"We will give you $5 cash if you go to your carrier store and have an interactive demo with BlackBerry 10 device and can pass a simple test about what you learned... then, if you like the device, you will get $100 credit on your account and a $0 BlackBerry 10 device if you sign up for a 2 year contract".

Yes, if you actually PAY people CASH, they might spend 15 minutes being educated about the device... then they may not buy one, but their opinion of the device will have improved because, as with most things BlackBerry, to know it is to love it.
    FANTASTIC comment.

Posted via CB10
    jakie55 and skxj like this.
    02-28-14 12:49 PM

No if we can just get carriers to have active demos in their stores...certainly not looking promising at Rogers

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    02-28-14 12:51 PM
    No if we can just get carriers to have active demos in their stores...certainly not looking promising at Rogers
    Those "BB10 Experience" vans should be in every city showing up on the street in front of every public event in major cities, and yes even minor cities, and maybe instead of cash, offer the customer a gift card from Starbucks or McDonalds or even a grocery store chain if they stay long enough to be given a demonstration and pass that test.
    02-28-14 01:20 PM
    Those "BB10 Experience" vans should be in every city showing up on the street in front of every public event in major cities, and yes even minor cities, and maybe instead of cash, offer the customer a gift card from Starbucks or McDonalds or even a grocery store chain if they stay long enough to be given a demonstration and pass that test.
    Now we are talking, get the education out if the hands of the Carriers who are only doing damage to BlackBerry

Last edited by Carjackd; 02-28-14 at 02:27 PM.
    02-28-14 01:21 PM
    I met with a financial advisor from Sunlife for our annual review. We go back a long ways and I know he uses a BlackBerry legacy device. As the meeting rolled along I made a comment on he still using his BlackBerry. He then said his company may go iphone......and look at you, I thought you were a diehard BlackBerry user. I said I am....its the z30! He had no clue! Well then the questions started to fly, and the z30 impressed. He wants the larger screen as he is just over 50 and he can't read his screen. We have a follow up meeting in a few weeks for lesson 2. Anyhow, Chen better go and get that account back!

Posted via CB10

Chen better head to Sunlife!-img_20140228_122525.png
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140228_122525.png 
Views:	519 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	251631

From my Q10
    aha likes this.
    02-28-14 02:11 PM

First the carrier sales need to get properly educated first and I wonder how much that will cost

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 03:18 PM
    First the carrier sales need to get properly educated first and I wonder how much that will cost
    Yeah, I think this falls squarely in the "if you want something done right you have to do it yourself" category: BlackBerry shouldn't leave this to the carriers any more: they need to take control of end-customer engagement.
    ricocan likes this.
    02-28-14 03:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    Educated and paid. I don't want to insult the position of these carrier employees...it is what it is. Carrier sale is minimum wage retail with device commission. When someone in that position has the opportunity to sell a Android or Apple product and make an extra 20 or 30 dollars compared to BlackBerry...guess what they are going to do? Pad their pocket is what they are going to do. I think Chen is doing his part shutting up the media for now. Every time he speaks it's nothing but positive however he won't be able to prevent the next couple Q results which are expected to be crappy, but if he can do damage control as we saw after last Q it will help. The less the media talks about BlackBerry the better in my opinion. It is the media that is feeding the carrier sales staff the BS they are spouting.

milo53 likes this.
    02-28-14 03:38 PM
    The vans should give out Tim cards! They support BlackBerry NFC on their app. I've switched from other businesses to tims. Since it came out I've spent $250-$300 at seven locations in two provinces. I'd buy a few dozen of those BlackBerry donuts if they sold them in Vancouver, for customers.

Posted via CB10
    Karan Mohal likes this.
    02-28-14 04:18 PM
    In fact I think the majority of people over 40 will have a hard time learning anything outside of their day to day work activities.

Sad commentary.

Worker bees these days are expected to understand minimal degree of technology. If this is so difficult for them, I feel bad for the future of their company.

Now we are talking, get the education out if the hands of the Carriers who are only doing damage to BlackBerry

Yeah, all it takes is craploads of money. I'm sure Blackberry will get right on that... oh wait...
    02-28-14 10:28 PM
    I think BlackBerry should offer free demonstrations with Q&A to companies. Then send trained personnel along with the devices in their current line up for employees to play with it during this demonstration. Then when the company makes the decision to upgrade their devices they can order them from their carriers.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 11:27 PM
    n fact I think the majority of people over 40 will have a hard time learning anything outside of their day to day work activities.
    That's an arrogant and discriminatory thing to say you snot nosed punk. Are you feeling lucky punk? Well, are you?

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    03-01-14 12:12 AM
44 12