Chen needs to get back in the media.....interviews etc. it is the best advertising for BlackBerry for free. Be it announcements from BlackBerry or even a few controversial statements like the stars do.......he has gone quiet and that's what Thorstein did. Once the Mighty Thor disappeared the media had a hay day, BlackBerry users felt abandoned in the trenches and subsequently turned on Thor. My advice to Chen is to stay visible, talk to the BlackBerry community religiously so to speak, keep us empowered!

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 10:50 AM
    There's nothing to talk about really.

The Jakarta will be announced later this month so that will get the buzz going again.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 10:54 AM
    There's nothing to talk about really.

The Jakarta will be announced later this month so that will get the buzz going again.

Posted via CB10
    Sure there is....it just doesn't have to be about hardware releases.....it doesn't have to be "Chen declares a head to head battle! Z30 vs iphone!".... . either although I would love to see that! But he could start "Chen's monthly address to the BlackBerry Community". Why not talk to the BlackBerry Faithful on an on going basis.....good news, bad news, the future.....the past. Be engaged consistently. Find a way Chen!

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 11:04 AM
    I think he still has bigger fish to fry right now. Besides, his Generals and Lieutenants are out there right now. Can you hear me Gadway? I know your reading CB this morning! Maybe he is being cautious not to over promise.
    02-09-14 11:14 AM
    I don't want to hear more talking. I want to see actions. Need to see BlackBerry presence on the air and at carrier stores.

Zed 10 with 1925 leak
    walt63 and web99 like this.
    02-09-14 11:16 AM
    The man has a Job to do. He can't do it if he is talking about it all the time.

Posted via CB10
    mk2234 likes this.
    02-09-14 11:16 AM
    I'm bemused at the level of CEO-worship we have in our society today, it's almost like people expect CEOs to be powerful hero/father-figure types who will look out for the faithful flock. lol. We are nothing but sources of revenue to him and to the company ... he is not going to issue releases just to make you feel better.
    02-09-14 11:17 AM
    Chen is not the kind of guy to brag about things that he doesn't believe in. If you look at his interview he is very grounded and doesn't lie about things that are happening.

If he does get on with interviews then questions will be asked for which he will need answers. answers that he might not have and that would put him in a very awkward position.

All things considered there is no need for false advertising. When there is really something to talk about then go out guns and blazes.

Posted via CB10
    web99 and app_Developer like this.
    02-09-14 11:17 AM
    So far you have valid points guys....yes he has bigger fish to fry, perhaps nothing new to announce at the moment, he has a job to do, and yes he would get nailed with awkward questions. OK....but he doesn't have the money for mainstream advertising.....but he needs the sales. So how do you get sales...and that is a huge fish to fry! Sell it from the top....and keep selling....that is how. on another point, someone mentioned how we look up to leaders way to much just to feel better. Well I feel great, but humanity loves strong leaders......even if they are extremely evil. It's just the way it is. Society is largely fragile that way unfortunately and fortunately at the same time.....but that is a whole other discussion.

Posted via CB10
    ray689 likes this.
    02-09-14 11:42 AM
    See what Kevin has to say.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    02-09-14 12:53 PM
    See what Kevin has to say.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    Not sure I follow what you are saying.....did Kevin already comment on this subject?

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 12:55 PM
    Until he's able to solve the carrier issues, there's little point in trying to "advertise" like that. Any potential customers would go to their carrier's store only to not be able to see or try the devices, or in many cases, not being able to buy them at all, even if they wanted to and were willing to wait for one to be ordered.

The best thing he could do is work behind the scenes until he has something SUBSTANTIAL to talk about.
    02-09-14 01:01 PM
    Until he's able to solve the carrier issues, there's little point in trying to "advertise" like that. Any potential customers would go to their carrier's store only to not be able to see or try the devices, or in many cases, not being able to buy them at all, even if they wanted to and were willing to wait for one to be ordered.

The best thing he could do is work behind the scenes until he has something SUBSTANTIAL to talk about.
    When Rogers refused to carry the z30 in Canada, their site took a beating by BlackBerry owners. They reverted at least to an order status. Our company has switched out at least 6 devices so far...the carriers will carry what the consumer/prosumer demands in time.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 01:06 PM
    If there's nothing new to announce then he'll just be accused of repeating himself and have it interpreted as signs of desperation.

I don't want to hear from Chen until there's something worth hearing (ie something new and something big).

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 05:59 PM
    You guys know there's is a BlackBerry App now in BlackBerry World called the BlackBerry Community app? This is going to be a medium and conduit into the company and will allow for a freer more in touch with consumers, developers etc. Its a step in the right direction. Rome was not built in a day.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 06:44 PM
    He could also be busy with the launch of the Jakarta phone. Isn't just a bit surprising that the phone launch is 2-3weeks away and we still don't have any leaked images or something??

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 07:07 PM
    I'm bemused at the level of CEO-worship we have in our society today, it's almost like people expect CEOs to be powerful hero/father-figure types who will look out for the faithful flock. lol. We are nothing but sources of revenue to him and to the company ... he is not going to issue releases just to make you feel better.
    As a shareholder, for $88 million, he should be coming to my house once a week with an update.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 07:20 PM
    I think we've already heard a great deal from Chen, Sheesh let the guy breathe and take care of business.

Posted via CB10
    walt63 likes this.
    02-09-14 07:32 PM
    Chen is keeping everything under wraps like Apple, which isn't a bad thing
    Remember how we used to see devices MONTHS in advance, then they test for a year before it's released. That's why BB devices are always outdated, not that it doesn't work like it's intended to
    However, John Chen has put the company under high security alert, nothing gets out! Which means when it's released and it's really great, it will come out with a bang. Having been part of BL team, and also having some personal contacts, people on the inside have been very very quiet recently. My contact who gave me all sorts of info before is near mute for the past month or so
    02-09-14 07:37 PM
    Chen is not the kind of guy to brag about things that he doesn't believe in. If you look at his interview he is very grounded and doesn't lie about things that are happening.
    And this is why I hope Chen is successful in turning this company around. He seems to be a straightforward, honest guy with none of the pathetic misplaced arrogance that had taken over BlackBerry.

Chen is someone for whom most people can be happy when and if he pulls this off.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    02-09-14 07:54 PM