Hi,

What is the cheapest prepaid for the BlackBerry? T-Mobile for $60 is too much for me, and Simple Mobile's $50 is really pushing it. I would love to get a plan for $40, it doesn't need many minutes, all it needs is unlimited text & BIS data. I know of Virgin Mobile, but they only have very old BlackBerry's. If they could get the Curve 9350 by Feb. 2012 I would go with them, so if anyone has any more information on this I would love to hear of this too. I keep hearing they will be getting them, but I don't know when. Also, I live in Florida, so it must be a US carrier with coverage down here. I can't seem to find anything, and I have been searching for weeks now, and can't find anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    12-05-11 07:01 AM
    Its hard to find a US carrier with prepaid for Blackberry.. many carriers simply won't support BIS with prepaid...

I think that t-mobile is the best option.. i know it's not that cheap but they are GSM and you can get a Blackberry device unlocked off contract and get the prepaid SIM separately.
    12-05-11 08:30 AM
    Do you think that if I spoke with a T-Mobile person at the T-Mobile store would they give me it at the $30 100min, unlimited text & data plan + $10 BIS? I spoke with a CSR and they said no, but IDK how much they know. Do you think they could? I know they have access to the backbone systems, and probably could make it happen. We all know that BIS does not require unlimited minutes. That is the only difference between the two plans. If their prepaid only works on the $50 prepaid plan, then they are just being greedy, and ripping people off.
    Last edited by blue_k; 12-05-11 at 08:38 AM.
    12-05-11 08:34 AM
    Do you think that if I spoke with a T-Mobile person at the T-Mobile store would they give me it at the $30 100min, unlimited text & data plan + $10 BIS? I spoke with a CSR and they said no, but IDK how much they know. Do you think they could? I know they have access to the backbone systems, and probably could make it happen. We all know that BIS does not require unlimited minutes. That is the only difference between the two plans. If their prepaid only works on the $50 prepaid plan, then they are just being greedy, and ripping people off.
    You could ask. Worst thing they could do is say no.

Look up Cricket or Virgin Mobile. They both have pretty cheap pre-paid plans. Wal-Mart has Straight Talk but IDK if they have BB or not.
    12-05-11 08:49 AM
    cheapest plan on BIS with minutes in the U.S is $50 prepaid.
    Cricket,Boost and Metro pcs offers $60. Virgin and Simple mobile offer $50.
    Not for nothing but $50 dollars is pretty damn cheap for a blackberry
    phone with minutes,text and BIS.
    12-05-11 10:09 AM
    Well Virgin Mobile is $35. The problem is is that they only have the 8530, which is sort of disappointing. I think Walmart has it for like $79 though, so that is a good deal. I also read from another forum that someone emailed them, and they were told that Virgin Mobile would be getting a new line (more then one he said) of BlackBerry devices in mid-2012, so that is interesting. I think I might have enough cash to upgrade when that happens if I went with the cheaper Berry. I won't be able to get that though until Feb. 2012, as my contract with Verizon doesn't end until then. If Walmart has the cheap Berry I might look into that though. How is the 8530? Does it only run OS 5 or can it be upgraded to 6?
    12-05-11 10:22 AM
    Doesn't exist... you always need to pay too much.
    As I said Virgin Mobile is $35. They used to say it on their website, but now the BB is gone, so IDK what happened there. Anyway I know it is $35 a month. Here is proof, http://crackberry.com/virgin-mobile-...-pricing-plans How is the 8530 though? Is it upgradable to OS 6, or is it stuck on OS 5?
    Last edited by blue_k; 12-05-11 at 10:44 AM.
    12-05-11 10:40 AM
    How is the 8530? Does it only run OS 5 or can it be upgraded to 6?
    OS5 only.

It's not a bad BB. I had problems with mine, but I've had problems with all the phones I've ever had.
    12-05-11 10:49 AM
    OS5 only.

It's not a bad BB. I had problems with mine, but I've had problems with all the phones I've ever had.
    How fast is it? Like can I browse the web, while streaming music at the same time? Or watch videos mostly on Youtube fluidly without any lag? It supports 3G right? Also, it has WiFi correct? Also, how much RAM and what speed is the CPU? Also, how is the web browser? I do a ton of browsing. Will it load almost all sites flawlessly? How fast is the browser? Also, it can use the App World app correct?
    Last edited by blue_k; 12-05-11 at 10:59 AM.
    12-05-11 10:53 AM
    How fast is it? Like can I browse the web, while streaming music at the same time? I couldOr watch videos mostly on Youtube fluidly without any lag?I had some buffering, but that's normal on any phone It supports 3G right? Yes. Also, it has WiFi correct? Yes Also, how much RAM and what speed is the CPU? I don't knowAlso, how is the web browser? It suited my needs. I do a ton of browsing. Will it load almost all sites flawlessly? Yes. A lot of sites have mobile versions and it loaded those fine. How fast is the browser? Depends on your connectionsAlso, it can use the App World app correct? As far as I know it can. App world is the first app I delete when I get any new BB. I hate it.
    My answers are bolded.
    12-05-11 11:03 AM
    I have been trying both of the simulators on my computer, and I do like both. The 9360 at least in simulator form is better, I like the UI better, it is faster at least in the simulator, and overall just felt snappier again at least in the simulator. I can't get youtube working in the 8530's simulator though. Don't I just go to m.youtube.com and click video, then select watch video? When I do this it throws up an error from the simulator, and then on the simulated BB itself it says an error has occurred, is this just a think with the simulator? The web browser supports tabs right? If it does how do I open new tabs? Also, does anyone think that VM will get the 9350 in 2012? What I am thinking, if VM does not have the 9350 by the end of Feb, 2012, I will get the 8530 and then in a few months after that upgrade to the 9350 if they get it.
    Last edited by blue_k; 12-05-11 at 11:30 AM.
    12-05-11 11:21 AM
    Also, can I link my Google Talk account to BBM, and use BBM to IM people on my Google Talk contact list?
    12-05-11 11:47 AM
    I meant to say that it doesn't really matter how you turn and twist it, prepaid is always overpriced... compared to a subscription. In absolute terms a subscription is overpriced as well. It's not for nothing that people turn to increasingly popular apps such as ping, whatsapp, and the like.
    How can you beat $35 a month for a BB prepaid or postpaid contract?
    12-05-11 12:31 PM
    Can anyone find any info on if VM is getting the new BB's? I really need to know if anyone even thinks if they will be. Someone said in another forum that they contacted a CSR and were told they would get the new ones in mid-2012. How much do these CSR know, are they correct?
    12-06-11 01:18 AM
    I also talked to VMUSA and the most they will tell me is that their new Blackberries should arrive around mid-2012. If he mentioned "Blackberries", they may also receive the Curve Touch as well.

Lastly, for prepaid/no-contract naysayers, I have been one, very happy customer of VMUSA for nine months now. Service has been very fast and reliable, plus, the 8530 has proven to be an extremely durable workhorse. I do think my phone can last for many years to come.
    12-06-11 10:59 PM
    If Simple Mobile supported conference call lines, I'd probably be with them. $50 for unlimited everything on a BB is just an insane price.

I was on Boost Mobile, and I loved them. $60 for unlimited everything with BIS is pretty damn good, but I eventually switched to Sprint because my company discount actually matched that price point. The deciding factor was the fact that I could keep the same monthly cost yet upgrade to a newer BB without having to pay full retail.

That is a big drawback of being with an MVNO. You either have to make due with their (crappy) selection of phones, and/or pay a ridiculous price for them. I believe the BB Style sold for close to $300 on Boost when they released it, and that was well after Sprint launched their Style... Even if you flash a "top tier" phone to an MVNO some/most features won't work. For instance, no 4G by flashing a Sprint Evo to Metro and no BIS for putting a non-roster BB on Boost (and why have BB with no BIS and BBM?)
    Last edited by jranciano; 12-07-11 at 01:19 AM.
    12-07-11 01:15 AM
    It looks like VM USA is getting the new BB's. Read near the end of this thread, http://forums.crackberry.com/other-n...8530-a-667172/. Someone else also called them, and got this response from their BB customer service department.
    12-07-11 06:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD