Would that not be great?
    I would like to communicate more with people within the channels, and not just by commenting on what the owner posts.

It's really nice being able to speak to people without having to always throw my pin about.

Adding that feature would make me exceedingly happy.

Let's learn Chinese together :C00138765

Posted via CB10

Edit:

I meant chat rooms within the channels. With small chatrooms in channels, people could freely communicate with one another, and there would be no need to give out your pin to have a discussion.
    Last edited by Anansiil; 11-30-13 at 06:22 PM.
    11-30-13 03:33 PM
    This is already possible

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 03:34 PM
    One of the benefits of channels is that you don't know who's in the channel if you're not the owner. And even as the owner you don't know their pin and can't directly communicate to them.

This is better because I'm pretty sure people will pester other people. It's a benefit, not a flaw, that you can't contact anyone you want willy-nilly.

Posted via CB10
    dusdal and stlabrat like this.
    11-30-13 03:35 PM
    This is already possible

Posted via CB10
    Wait, how? There's a chat function but that's directly to owner. OP is referring to chatting with other members of a channel if you're not the owner, or initiating chat with a member if you are (as right now they have to initiate with you).

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 03:37 PM
    I think that part of the beauty of BBM is that it's totally private and you don't receive random bbm chats from random people
    stlabrat likes this.
    11-30-13 03:59 PM
    You misunderstand me. I would like there to be an option for chat rooms within the BBM Channels. A subscriber could simply jump in and chat in a similar way that you are able to freely comment on posts. That is why I said I like being able to communicate without always having to give out my pin.

Giving the subscribers the ability to invite strangers to chat would remove some of the feeling of privacy Even if you didn't have to share your pin, it could become irritating if some people were continually inviting /messaging others.

I imagine it being much like the BBM chats in the Group feature. Jump in and out of discussions as you like. If you connected, you could later find the time to invite someone via pin.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 06:11 PM
    OP is right, give BBM users an option whether he wants people to be able to contact him directly or no, if public contact is off then no one can talk to him except through comments ( like now), if public contact is on then anyone can press your name and talk to you and you have the choice to show how much of your info to public people, yes something like Facebook.

Would be great! People will make more friends and use BBM more.

This is even better than chat rooms, right OP?

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 08:23 AM
    You misunderstand me. I would like there to be an option for chat rooms within the BBM Channels. A subscriber could simply jump in and chat in a similar way that you are able to freely comment on posts. That is why I said I like being able to communicate without always having to give out my pin.

Giving the subscribers the ability to invite strangers to chat would remove some of the feeling of privacy Even if you didn't have to share your pin, it could become irritating if some people were continually inviting /messaging others.

I imagine it being much like the BBM chats in the Group feature. Jump in and out of discussions as you like. If you connected, you could later find the time to invite someone via pin.

Posted via CB10
    You can subscribe and finish your chat and leave channel. Why you want to do that? Hit and run?

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 08:37 AM
    Random and Simple�
    Pin:C00142817

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 03:45 PM