Just been reading on here and google but cant find an answer (that i understand).

I changed from Vodafone to Orange and downloaded the latest orange OS per instructions on this site about removing Vendor.xml etc etc and i think all went well. I check the Settings / about settings on BB and the OS numbers seem ok. The only problem i have is the following :-

1) Still have Vodafone splash screen which i have read cant be removed (without serious modding)

2) There is no orange themes loaded into my device. i presumed these would of come with the OS install ??

Thanks.
    01-31-10 09:33 AM
    You're right about the splash screen. The themes, if you want Orange on yours, you'll have to edit the BlackBerry.alx in notepad, and change the Orange theme vendor code to Vodaphone's. It's unlocked, but it's hard to remove the Voda branding from the flash memory. I have an unlocked T-Mo, on at&t, and it will always think itself T-Mo in certain respects.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!
    WAPers do it With A Passion

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-10 09:48 AM
    Ok thanks bigbadwulf. Just checking my thoughts were indeed correct. As long as OS is working fine i can live without the themes and splash screen.
    01-31-10 09:51 AM
    The previous OS would have worked fine too. The only OS that will load without deleting the vendor.xml will be Voda, but you can use any OS you'd like. The latest is always sticky at the top of each devices forum.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!
    WAPers do it With A Passion

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-10 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD