So i just picked up my first blackberry yesterday ( Curve ) and I love it, I figured out how to install and set ringtones but I cant get any of them to be my txt or pix message tone...

Is this possible or am i stuck with BB's tones.

If so, how so?

thanks.
    01-27-09 10:36 PM
    You can

Under your sound profile>down to advance>pick your profile>then click on SMS or MMS or whichever you want and then select what you are looking for... Same way as picking tones for any other event.
    Last edited by Tremortality; 01-27-09 at 10:46 PM.
    01-27-09 10:42 PM
    It doesnt look like I have that option, it just shows loud, vibrate, quite, normal, phone only, off, and active profile except for: important calls
    01-27-09 10:57 PM
    just click on the speacker icon and all the way at the bottom click their and you will fine the profiles for your sms/ mms / email / phone ringers and other alerts.
    01-27-09 11:01 PM
    No advanced at all there. Someone else had this same issue today where advanced was missing. They did a battery pull and it resolved it. I do not know why that would happen.....
    01-27-09 11:06 PM
    Well under your sound profile (what you had earlier where you had the list of loud, vibrate, quite.. etc) scroll over say the normal profile>hit the bb button>hit edit>and it should give you a list of every app you can change the sound options for.
    01-27-09 11:12 PM
    I must really be ******** but i cant find any setting to change this... i even reset my phone...
    01-27-09 11:27 PM
    Interesting because i have the same phone as you so it should work.. I changed mine right after i got mine. I don't know what to do if there isn't even a advanced link under the sound profile.
    01-28-09 12:03 AM
    ya there is, but if i press the bb button it does nothing and there is no option for changing my tones.
    01-28-09 12:07 AM
    Ok step by step.

Go to the applications list and choose PROFILES. Now instead of choosing a profile, scroll all the way down to the end. Click ADVANCED. Now while hovering over a profile (selected in light blue), hit the BB MENU KEY. Now choose EDIT. Scroll to and click SMS TEXT.

Out of holster: Vib+tone
    RING TONE: CHOOSE SOMETHING HERE*
    x
    x
    x
    x

*NOW choose BROWSE (its the first one in the list). NOW CHOOSE THE LOCATION OF THE MUSIC FILE.

Press BB MENU KEY>SAVE.

You should be done.
    Last edited by lalifeguards; 01-28-09 at 02:33 AM.
    01-28-09 02:31 AM
    ya there is, but if i press the bb button it does nothing and there is no option for changing my tones.

On advanced you click the trackball - It sounds like you are hitting the menu (bb) button there, that will do nothing. After you click the advanced you are set. If I am reading that wrong forgive me.
    01-28-09 02:40 AM
    On advanced you click the trackball - It sounds like you are hitting the menu (bb) button there, that will do nothing. After you click the advanced you are set. If I am reading that wrong forgive me.
    Thats how I read it as well. So I decided to post step by step instructions.
    01-28-09 02:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD