This might have been addressed before since I'm sure people upgrade all the time but what happens with all your information when you change BBs? Can I keep my original PIN? How do you get all your contacts from one phone to the other (other than what's already on the SIM card)?

I want to move up to a torch but scared that I'll lose so much information.

Thanks
    03-31-11 12:07 PM
    This might have been addressed before since I'm sure people upgrade all the time but what happens with all your information when you change BBs? Can I keep my original PIN? How do you get all your contacts from one phone to the other (other than what's already on the SIM card)?

I want to move up to a torch but scared that I'll lose so much information.

Thanks
    Using Blackberry Desktop Manager on your PC or MAC you can back up your current berry. Once you have the new device, connect it and using the same program, look for restore device. Select the back up and follow the steps.
    All your current content will be trasferred.
    03-31-11 12:13 PM
    I don't believe you can keep your original PIN. I believe they are assigned PER PHONE.
    03-31-11 12:15 PM
    Thanks guys. Much appreciate it.
    04-24-11 02:02 PM
    Yeah, Desktop Manager works great to keep everything on your computer. I also kept the same 16gig SD card I used in my Curve 8320 and put it in my Torch 9800. So upgrading phones was not a hassle at all
    04-25-11 06:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD