So I just learnt of an annoying feature of my current Bold 2. It appears LED message notification times out with no option to customize otherwise. I would think having to turn the screen on every half an hour to check to make sure you don't have timed out messages will cost more battery life than energy efficient LEDs attempting to flash indefinately.

Anyway, as annoying as that is, I was wondering if the new OS 6.0 will have any changes in this area, particularly notication light customization? Is there any word?

I just want to know before I am forced to spend money on a third party application to do this very standard feature! arg!
    05-06-10 11:02 AM
    It might, I don't think anyone knows. But, I know BerryBuzz, and maybe other LED apps, will do this. You can set the LED time out for a minute or never. You can even set it so it will repeat notifications. They also let you change the color to anything you want. I love the app, needed on any BB.
    05-06-10 11:12 AM
    Arg.. when does OS 6.0 come out?

And I am not even looking for fancy colors. I just want then thing to flash for longer than 15 minutes! Its not too much to ask! That seems like a very 'enterprise/business' required feature.
    05-06-10 11:15 AM
    Arg.. when does OS 6.0 come out?

And I am not even looking for fancy colors. I just want then thing to flash for longer than 15 minutes! Its not too much to ask! That seems like a very 'enterprise/business' required feature.
    It's slated to drop Q3 of this year, and it hasn't been said if the LED notifications are going to be changed at all, I seriously doubt it though.

Give BerryBuzz a shot, I know that you said you're not really looking to change the colors of the notifications and such, but this app does allow for almost full customization of your LED profile alerts, it's really a great app. I know that it's $5, but IMO it's well worth it. It's your money...
    05-06-10 11:38 AM
    I think 15 minutes is long enough. If I'm not in a meeting or class I check my BB more then every 15 minutes. I also think that most "enterprise/business people do the same. That 15 minutes is more than enough time to have the LED run.
    05-06-10 11:39 AM
    Berrybuzz is great. I use it.
    05-06-10 11:41 AM
    It's slated to drop Q3 of this year, and it hasn't been said if the LED notifications are going to be changed at all, I seriously doubt it though.

Give BerryBuzz a shot, I know that you said you're not really looking to change the colors of the notifications and such, but this app does allow for almost full customization of your LED profile alerts, it's really a great app. I know that it's $5, but IMO it's well worth it. It's your money...
    Sadly it looks like I have to.

$5 dollars is ok. A slice of pizza costs as much. The thing is I kinda expected this to be by default. Plus, I don't trust 3rd parties as I do RIM directly doing it for compatibility, bug free, and no charges on updates (which I discovered berrybuzz charges!).

I just want to know if OS 6.0 will do it, then I will wait it out. I heard the ring & vibrate used to be an issue also, but they 'fixed' it in the newer blackberries. They absolutely need to fix this too IMHO!!
    05-06-10 11:43 AM
    I think 15 minutes is long enough. If I'm not in a meeting or class I check my BB more then every 15 minutes. I also think that most "enterprise/business people do the same. That 15 minutes is more than enough time to have the LED run.
    I do believe you may be referring to 'crack'berry users and not blackberry users. It is very easy to go past 15 minutes without looking at your phone.

While one's personal opinion of an arbitrary value like 15 minutes seem enough to some, without contesting this, this does not excuse the fact it should be customizable (that it is not!).
    05-06-10 11:46 AM
    Another vote for BerryBuzz. One of the best third party apps out there.
    05-06-10 11:50 AM
    Why is BerryBuzz named BeBuzz in appstore?
    05-06-10 11:51 AM
    Why is BerryBuzz named BeBuzz in appstore?
    RIM does not allow the use of the word "Berry" in app names on App World.
    05-06-10 11:53 AM
    [QUOTE=BaconCanadian;5084865]$5 dollars is ok. A slice of pizza costs as much. The thing is I kinda expected this to be by default. Plus, I don't trust 3rd parties as I do RIM directly doing it for compatibility, bug free, and no charges on updates (which I discovered berrybuzz charges!)./QUOTE]
    I can understand your concern regarding the 3rd party apps, I am also somewhat aprehensive about what I will and will not download onto my BB. BellShare, the maker of BerryBuzz, has a history of making solid, reliable applications for the BB, bug and leak free. I've been running BellShare applications (BerryWeather and BerryBuzz) on my BB's for a couple of years now, and I've never had any kind of issue. There's a good reason those two apps are in the top 5 in the CrackBerry app store!
    05-06-10 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD