As suspected the uncapped BIS seems to be history for BB10 in South Africa according to: BlackBerry 10 BIS changes in SA confirmed
    01-30-13 06:19 AM
    I'm feeling mixed about this. It sounds like most traffic is going to proxy much closer to the device which should give much better performance for Web and possibly email. The bad news is some decryption will likely take place in the user's country instead of Canada. That is bad news for many people. However, I'm guessing BBM will still connect to Canada for central switching. If so, hopefully BBM should stay encrypted through much of the network.
    01-30-13 06:29 AM
    So what? This is one of the major gripes I hear. But you know what? Are there any other platforms that provide free uncapped internet on the cheap? No! That's what bundles are for.

Sure it's not great news, but no-one can expect RIM to support the massive increase in media and app data usage on an entirely new platform with an antiquated model like BIS.

For those looking forward to a new start for Blackberry, this comes with the territory and I say bring it on!

J
    01-30-13 06:31 AM
    Good observations. We will have to see what it will be like...I'm also not so sure of all the implications yet.
    01-30-13 06:34 AM