Although I am a newbie here, I am a long time user of Blackberrys. I bought the Playbook on launch date fully knowing what I would be receiving through all the tremendous information on this forum. I love the device and find new uses almost everyday.
    When I read some of the complaint posts on this forum, I wonder if we are talking about the same Playbook device. I have learned to sift through the nonsence to find many nuggets of information on this amazing tablet. Most of the people I show it to are amazed at what it can do.
    To all the legitimate posters on this forum, please don't go away. You input is too valuable!
    First off welcome to the forum. It's nice to hear from the noobs.

It never use to bother me but lately we've had to do way too much sifting. A little hear and there is ok but lately it's gotten out of hand.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the playbook. And I still stand by my comment in a previous posts. A lot of the complaint I read are people just not fully understanding a new device.
    04-27-11 02:28 PM
    Here's my suggestion...Get rid of the Other Smartphone and Tablet Platforms section! At the top of every page on CB there are links to these platforms. If you have questions, GO THERE! Go to any of the other platform forums, Andriod Central, TiPb, and you won't find a BB forum. I think there are so many ex-BB/CB users who have switched platforms, and because there is a forum on CB for there device they come back. That's when the trolling starts. I never did understand why that section was in the forums, but I bet if it wasn't we would see a decline in the anti-BB comments.
    There ARE blackberry boards on other platform forums, just fyi. The MAJORITY of people who post in the other platform forums here are TYPICALLY decent people who have just moved on but still want to keep up on what RIM is up to. They started out here & have made friends & still want to communicate w/ these people. Also, many people use more than one platform (like Q who has a Torch & an Atrix, or peole that carry a Blackberry & iPod Touch, etc). If they want to stay on Crackberry to get their information in one place, what's wrong with that? Why lump all people using other platforms together just because of a few trolls?

Additionally, those who troll the most will still probably come to Crackberry just for ****s & giggles, regardless if the other platform forums are here or not. They most likely aren't here to help or read up on any type of news, anyway, they just want to cause trouble.
    Laura Knotek and K Bear like this.
    04-27-11 02:38 PM
    Additionally, those who troll the most will still probably come to Crackberry just for ****s & giggles, regardless if the other platform forums are here or not. They most likely aren't here to help or read up on any type of news, anyway, they just want to cause trouble.
    This is true. I belong to other vBulletin boards that have nothing to do with smartphones. The trolls are around there too. Whether it's smartphones, cars, sports, politics, religion, etc., trolls are found.
    04-27-11 02:54 PM
    I found a way to filter out the PlayBook forum. Just bookmark the following link:
    Today's BB Posts without Playbook.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-27-11 03:09 PM
    I found a way to filter out the PlayBook forum. Just bookmark the following link:
    Today's BB Posts without Playbook.
    The PB forum has actually settled down noticeably the last couple of days. Nowhere near as contentious as it was. To whomever is responsible, thank you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-11 03:13 PM
    or change it to CrackApple forums, as much Apple talk as goes on here. sigh. Every other post is "ipad this" or "iPhone" that. GRRR!!!
    04-27-11 03:30 PM
    As much as we'd love to kill all the trolls and haters it's just not possible. The forums are here for active discussion - be it pros or cons. While some obviously are just here to stir up trouble, others are just expressing their opinions and we don't have any rules against that. You can always report posts for obvious trolling for a mod to handle, but just remember that the discussion can't be happy 100% of the time.
    I have read all 6 pages of postings to this topic including my own and for the most part everyone while PRO RIM and I said for the most part are bashing the staff and the forums themselves but it seems that because they are way up in their post count no matter what they have to say, they are the ones that get a huge ammount of thank yous to my post being totally PRO everything on here and no thank yous.

My point is not for the thank yours which I really don't care about as much as the clicks that seem to be prevelent on here that are creating the negative posts about this CB forum and the Playboog forum and all of the trollers.

Now before I get bashed about this, remember what Adam said, each and every one of us are entitled to ouw opinions of free speech and this is why I come here. I am not trying to offend anyone, just trying to make my point. Thank you all.
    04-27-11 04:23 PM
    My official response to this thread and our start to a friendlier CrackBerry community:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/clea...-trash-609572/

Let's continue the conversation there
    Elite1 likes this.
    04-27-11 04:41 PM
108 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD