Hi All,

I found the same question posted in July 2009 in the "Storm Discussion" section and there weren't any definitive answers at that point, so I figured I'd ask again in case any OS updates or model changes might have provided a fix.

Basically, I've changed my 3G strength indicator from "Bars" to numerical strength but the font is very hard to read; rather than being a solid font like the "3G" or the date at the top of your screen typically show, the strength number is in an outline font where concentric inner/outer lines create the number. This makes a font that's more of a "ghost" image and very hard to read. I've changed the Screen/Keyboard font settings, but that doesn't affect it.

Any ideas or suggestions? I like the numerical indicator rather than the bars, but I doubt if I can keep it this way without being able to improve the font. For reference, I'm using a Bold 9650 on 5.0.0.975, and I have 20/20 vision .

Thanks as always!
    11-19-10 09:08 AM
    Hold the Alt Button and type nmll

you can read more about it here
    Fubaz likes this.
    11-19-10 09:46 AM
    Hold the Alt Button and type nmll

you can read more about it here
    Thanks, Syb0rg. The thread you referenced is what taught me how to change from Bars to Numerical strength indicator, which I had already done before posting this question -- what I'm hoping to do now is to change the actual font that's used for the number that shows. For example, right now my signal strength says "-80", but it's VERY faint and very hard to read because of the font that's used.

If I could change the font then it would be a big improvement. Thx again.
    11-19-10 10:07 AM
    I am with you. I wouldn't mind a change, but I bet it is strictly OS controlled.....
    11-19-10 10:56 AM
    Thanks, Syb0rg. The thread you referenced is what taught me how to change from Bars to Numerical strength indicator, which I had already done before posting this question -- what I'm hoping to do now is to change the actual font that's used for the number that shows. For example, right now my signal strength says "-80", but it's VERY faint and very hard to read because of the font that's used.

If I could change the font then it would be a big improvement. Thx again.
    The fonts, sizes and what not are embedded in the theme that you are using. You can try different themes, or download the Theme builder from Blackberry and use the font, size combo that you are wanting to use.
    11-19-10 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD