Hello,
    I am very new here in the forum.
    I am an iphone user for a decade, but am thinking about switching.
    Why?
    Because I no longer want to support the pricing policy of Apple.
    either an upgrade from a three year old device for 900 euro, or 1150 euro for a device that is so sensitive that you should better exhibit it only in a vitrine. And bad battery life.

Safety is important to me, I use the device in business.
    I also use it as a mobile office. Calendar, mail, messeging ect.
    If Android, than just a BB upgraded.
    And, when I take pictures, they should be good to very good.

Consider a keyone or motion.
    But .... in various test reports I have read that both devices are only high priced middle class.
    You are of course fans, but not blind either.
    What is your opinion on both?
    Better the Keyone, Keyone Black Edition, or the Motion?
    How safe is the Blackdroid?
    Privacy, Google connectivity, etc.I look forward to your answers.

cheers
    01-04-18 05:58 AM
    Hello,
    Why?
    either an upgrade from a three year old device for 900 euro, or 1150 euro for a device that is so sensitive that you should better exhibit it only in a vitrine. And bad battery life.

But .... in various test reports I have read that both devices are only high priced middle class.

cheers
    Android phones stop getting updates after 2-3 years, sometimes even sooner. Depending on several other factors, it appears the annual costs of Android vs IOS are very close. Long-term, if you like IOS, you might as well keep using.
    anon(10388237) and Bbnivende like this.
    01-04-18 07:55 AM
    Yes I know. But I never had a Phone longer than 2 years. The other aspects are more relevant to me.
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    01-04-18 08:54 AM
    Yes I know. But I never had a Phone longer than 2 years. The other aspects are more relevant to me.
    I own both Android/IOS devices. I prefer BBAndroid over Android. Depending where you are located makes a difference since that affects which KEYone devices I'd consider. Where are you located? What carrier do you use?
    anon(10388237) likes this.
    01-04-18 09:43 AM
    I own both Android/IOS devices. I prefer BBAndroid over Android. Depending where you are located makes a difference since that affects which KEYone devices I'd consider. Where are you located? What carrier do you use?
    I‘m from Germany using T-mobile.
    01-04-18 10:49 AM
    I‘m from Germany using T-mobile.
    I bought my brand new KEYone through my carrier AT&T because I want my carrier to deal with BBMo/TCL if there are problems. It's carrier locked, 3/32, Black only. I bought the only version offered through my carrier.

If you can buy any model through your carrier, buy the 4/64 model. Don't buy the dual sim by Optiemus because that's definitely not carrier supported.

I'm a big proponent of factory unlocked, that's until you need your carrier to do heavy lifting with a smaller newer OEM with no solid infrastructure existing in your country..
    01-04-18 10:58 AM
    I bought my brand new KEYone through my carrier AT&T because I want my carrier to deal with BBMo/TCL if there are problems. It's carrier locked, 3/32, Black only. I bought the only version offered through my carrier.

If you can buy any model through your carrier, buy the 4/64 model. Don't buy the dual sim by Optiemus because that's definitely not carrier supported.

I'm a big proponent of factory unlocked, that's until you need your carrier to do heavy lifting with a smaller newer OEM with no solid infrastructure existing in your country..
    It is a question of the price.
    I can get a new 4/64 for 499€.
    Trough the carrier I have to pay about 150€ more.
    01-04-18 11:07 AM
    It is a question of the price.
    I can get a new 4/64 for 499€.
    Trough the carrier I have to pay about 150€ more.
    Here in the USA is the reverse. Amazon was $549 silver 3/32 and black 3/32 with AT&T was $499.
    01-04-18 12:21 PM
    Are you invested in the Apple ecosystem? iCloud, Mail, iMessage, etc? If so, it's probably too much trouble to switch. Personally, I far prefer how BlackBerry handles email and other communications, but it will be different from what you're used to. And my email and cloud are hosted by MS Exchange.

Camera is quite good, but not as novice-friendly as the iPhone's. In other words, you need to know how to take good photos. In spite of that, I wouldn't buy an iPhone X if it were half the price of my Keyone.
    01-04-18 12:22 PM
    Are you invested in the Apple ecosystem? iCloud, Mail, iMessage, etc? If so, it's probably too much trouble to switch. Personally, I far prefer how BlackBerry handles email and other communications, but it will be different from what you're used to. And my email and cloud are hosted by MS Exchange.

Camera is quite good, but not as novice-friendly as the iPhone's. In other words, you need to know how to take good photos. In spite of that, I wouldn't buy an iPhone X if it were half the price of my Keyone.
    A sync between my iCloud calendar, contacts and reminders, because I use a MacBook and an iPad. But this should work on BB devices, or not?
    01-04-18 01:56 PM
    A sync between my iCloud calendar, contacts and reminders is required. But this should work on BB devices, or not?
    Have you tried from another standard Android device? I get my icloud email in the hub but I don't use apple calendar.
    01-04-18 01:58 PM
    I think the BB calendar is quite good, if I can sync it with my iCloud account. Never tried Android devices.
    Byrese likes this.
    01-04-18 02:00 PM
    A sync between my iCloud calendar, contacts and reminders, is required, because I use a MacBook and an iPad. But this should work on BB devices, or not?
    Emaderton3 likes this.
    01-04-18 02:04 PM
    I think the BB calendar is quite good, if I can sync it with my iCloud account. Never tried Android devices.
    If you have access to cheap Android device for testing purposes, I would recommend cheap Android burner to check features. Here, brand new 8gb prepay carrier device is $20 when I buy compatible with my carrier brand.
    01-04-18 02:09 PM
    The eBay seller ionorchard (based in Ireland) sells the unlocked 4/64 version for 447€ currently.
    01-05-18 06:51 AM
    Thanks!
    But unfortunately i need a QWERTZ Keyboard. I'm located in Germany.
    01-05-18 08:41 AM
    Thanks!
    But unfortunately i need a QWERTZ Keyboard. I'm located in Germany.
    You're so demanding!!!! LOL ;-)
    01-05-18 08:43 AM
    I know. i'm complictated.....
    01-05-18 08:47 AM
    But it may be a good idea to wait a few month.. I heard some rumor, that there will be a new model in 2018 with great specifications...
    01-05-18 09:01 AM
    The eBay seller ionorchard (based in Ireland) sells the unlocked 4/64 version for 447€ currently.

Do you have a link from this offer for me?
    Can’t find it.

The differences between qwertz and qwerty are not huge I think.
    Z and Y are replaced and € where is $ on the other one, or not?
    Last edited by dasfiasko; 01-06-18 at 12:47 PM.
    01-06-18 07:25 AM
    If you want on time monthly security updates, and upgrades to the next major Android operating system, Pixel devices are what you need.

You should only consider BlackBerry if you absolutely *need* a physical keyboard.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    01-07-18 07:21 PM
    Hello,
    Why?

cheers
    Go for a keyone black edition

See pic attached I've taken with camera
    Attached Thumbnails Change from iPhone?-2629.jpg  
    01-07-18 07:23 PM
    If you want on time monthly security updates, and upgrades to the next major Android operating system, Pixel devices are what you need.

You should only consider BlackBerry if you absolutely *need* a physical keyboard.
    Or if u want just want something different.
    anon(10388237) and Bbnivende like this.
    01-07-18 11:40 PM

A normal android device is not an option.
    And I’m not such a big fan of google .
    It’s more the wish for something special.
    Last edited by dasfiasko; 01-08-18 at 02:37 AM.
    01-08-18 01:34 AM
    A normal android device is not an option.
    And I’m not such a big fan of google .
    It’s more the wish for something special.
    Something special? You've come to the right forum If you want something different but also don't like Google invading your privacy, I'd take a look at the KEYone black edition and De-Google it, there is a thread just for that.
    01-08-18 06:31 AM
53 123