OK, So I have been playing with this for some time now. Here is what I have, When I receive an email and it has a link in it and I click it the BB browser loads. I want opramini to load it. Any way to change it? I have done the Options---> Advance options--->Browser. It wont allow me to change it. Is there a workaround?

Click
    12-19-07 06:57 PM
    BB's only recognize the BB browser and a browser from your provider (like AT&T's medianet). I don't know of any workaround.
    12-19-07 07:59 PM
    Nope, no way to set Opera as default.
    12-20-07 08:01 AM
    does anybody know if you need the inernet plan to be able to use opera mini browser because after i removed the inernet out of my data plan i could still use my opera mini browser is there any fees for this
    12-20-07 09:46 AM
    So my default browser is MEdia net for Att and not Bis. I can't get it to change to bis cause there is not option to - only media net. Any answers on how I can have my device use the bis as my default browser.
    07-11-08 03:30 PM
    options > advanced options > browser
    Your two choices should be Media Net and Internet Browser

assuming you have a data plan
    07-11-08 03:35 PM
    AG is correct. You can get Opera mini as well, but I'm not a fan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-08 03:45 PM
    thank you amazinglygraceless. I followed that after I went : options > advanced > host routing table > menu > register now.

Thnks for the quick reply.
    07-11-08 05:17 PM
    I followed that after I went : options > advanced > host routing table > menu > register now.

Glad you got it working. Good thinking on the HRT!
    07-11-08 05:23 PM
    Wait are you telling me that I can set operamini as my default browser? I'm not sure what's going on here sorry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-08 08:42 PM
    Correct! OperaMini can not be set as the default browser.
    07-12-08 11:00 AM
    thank you amazinglygraceless. I followed that after I went : options > advanced > host routing table > menu > register now.

My HRT shows a long list of numbers...was I suppose to register all of them? I registered my HRT and I still can't get my default browser to change. I can't even get my home screen to default to bookmarks. Changed my default browser config, but it won't stick. Seems like Media Net is controlling both browsers.
    11-11-08 11:40 AM
    Correct! OperaMini can not be set as the default browser.
    do tell how you did this?

it wont let me (on 4.5.97)
    11-11-08 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD