REALLY? So where did the company itself announce March as a release date for the PB
    Where do people come up with this stuff?
    The company didn't directly announce March

BUT where he came up with the date is based on
    Q1 Calendar year, 2011
    And lack of Q4 2010 earning predictions for the device which ends at the end of Feb. Leaves March as the most logical release date based on RIMs announcement

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-11 02:04 PM
    I hope RIM does well. I just do not think an LTE Torch will matter at the end of the day when the other devices coming out make it look...3 years old.

Also, I hope the PlayBook will be available for people to actually use. Not the same old demo.

RIM doing well just make the competition fight back harder. That is great for all of us. RIM failing would do more harm than good.
    I agree with all three comments...A LTE Torch would be a joke among all of the competition. If they still will not allow people to actually touch and play with the PB it would be a statement that it is not near ready for sale. The more the merrier and the better the end products.
    01-01-11 07:14 PM
    I agree with all three comments...A LTE Torch would be a joke among all of the competition. If they still will not allow people to actually touch and play with the PB it would be a statement that it is not near ready for sale. The more the merrier and the better the end products.
    Exactly, keep the competition coming. But for god sakes, have a working PlayBook. One to shut up a lot of haters and media, and two, just so we know what's good. I would like to see an in depth video, or at least an overview from someone who doesn't work at RIM.
    K Bear likes this.
    01-01-11 09:54 PM
    Considering that RIM's focus has almost always been mostly security, it is actually surprising that the leaks were as bad as they were.

Looks like RIM is starting to practise what they preach.

01-02-11 02:16 AM
    Considering that RIM's focus has almost always been mostly security, it is actually surprising that the leaks were as bad as they were.

Looks like RIM is starting to practise what they preach.

Controlled Marketing leaks are just to hype up the market, have nothing to do with device security.

01-02-11 10:03 AM
    I dont expect anything to come out of RIM at CES...
    01-02-11 03:06 PM
    +1

10 characters
    01-02-11 07:09 PM
    Controlled Marketing leaks are just to hype up the market, have nothing to do with device security.

It's actually both. In my opinion, of course.

+1. RIM does, however, have a lot of floor space at CES according to the CES website. I think it will be mostly PlayBook with some hands on/more in depth videos+reviews and I'm hoping at least the 9890 refresh or something being there.
    Last edited by CASH; 01-02-11 at 07:21 PM.
    01-02-11 07:15 PM
    theres not been one leak at all from the QNX side of RIM. not even anything playbook. just shows they want more control on their products. who knows, maybe they`ll leave something at a bar so we can see it
    01-02-11 07:19 PM
    Nobody has any definitive idea what a 4g (which is verizon blowing smoke up your b***) torch would have for specs. At least not the usually loud and oddly vehement voices heard on this thread. If some of y'all insist on living on this blog, don't you actually want to be accurate in what you discuss?
    K Bear likes this.
    01-02-11 07:49 PM
    I think we could all agree that "Sal" is a trusted source here at Crackberry right? He did say that 4 phones are in the making so i think we will see at least 2 new products from RIM and a fully functional Playbook. I hope im not wrong
    01-03-11 07:06 AM
    I think we could all agree that "Sal" is a trusted source here at Crackberry right? He did say that 4 phones are in the making so i think we will see at least 2 new products from RIM and a fully functional Playbook. I hope im not wrong
    we all hope that they are working on phones...there is no doubt about it really. The question is the timeframe and how far along they actually are
    01-03-11 10:14 AM
    Nobody has any definitive idea what a 4g (which is verizon blowing smoke up your b***) torch would have for specs. At least not the usually loud and oddly vehement voices heard on this thread. If some of y'all insist on living on this blog, don't you actually want to be accurate in what you discuss?
    It's called speculation (what the a lot of this site and this section of the forum is built on). And usually, when you speculate on a RIM device that is already on the market for different carriers, a refresh (same specs) and the addition of the LTE radio sounds about right. When have you seen RIM bring a device from the GSM side to the CDMA side or vice versa and then go all out with the specs? Never.
    K Bear likes this.
    01-03-11 10:23 AM
    theres not been one leak at all from the QNX side of RIM. not even anything playbook. just shows they want more control on their products. who knows, maybe they`ll leave something at a bar so we can see it
    Wouldn't matter if there was a QNX leak. No one in the masses, has hardware to support it. Or am I missing something?
    01-04-11 03:35 PM
    he doesnt mean that kind of leak, he means an actual phone or photos of one running QNX or something
    01-04-11 04:12 PM
    can't wait
    01-05-11 03:21 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD