I am on a cruise off the coast of NY. The ship has my berry on GPRS and instead of AT&T service, I see I am connected to Cellular at SEA. I can use Opera Mini Beta 5, and email. I wonder, am I going to get whacked with data roaming charges? Either way..once I get back home and make my usual bi-monthly dropped call complaint to AT&T and get my $240.00 credit...data roaming charges will be a pleasure to pay. But I'm just curious about this Cellular at SEA gimmick I see across my berry's home screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-10 10:46 PM
    not sure...but keep us updated when u r back...btw...what cruise line are u on? and are u able to use google map to track where u r at sea?
    01-23-10 10:51 PM
    wouldnt you rather find out before you get hit with fees than find out after??

why dont you do your research before make a post about it??

AT&T
    WMS: Wireless Maritime Services

"If your home carrier supports GPRS data service, you can use WMS with compatible GPRS data capable devices to check email, surf the web, and share photos while traveling just as you would at home. Charges will be conveniently billed to you by your home carrier."

chances are, just like the calls, you will be billed as international roaming for data use. have fun trying to get it reimbursed.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 01-23-10 at 11:38 PM.
    01-23-10 11:35 PM
    Oh man. Look like u gonna get one huge bill when u r back home...lol. Good luck w/ fighting w/ at&t customer service.

01-23-10 11:40 PM
    Oh man. Look like u gonna get one huge bill when u r back home...lol. Good luck w/ fighting w/ at&t customer service.

which i think is so stupid/irresponsible of the OP. first off, its common sense that you are going to get hit with roaming fees while on a cruise ship. second, thinking you can circumvent it but just complaining to at&t each month looking for a hand out, is just silly. if you need to call them to get reimbursed for dropped calls every month, maybe you should consider switching carriers. just seems really sill you need to do that. and on top of it all, allowing yourself to roam without thinking of the consequences or doing the research before hand is just dumb too.
    01-23-10 11:46 PM
    01-23-10 11:50 PM
    which i think is so stupid/irresponsible of the OP. first off, its common sense that you are going to get hit with roaming fees while on a cruise ship. second, thinking you can circumvent it but just complaining to at&t each month looking for a hand out, is just silly. if you need to call them to get reimbursed for dropped calls every month, maybe you should consider switching carriers. just seems really sill you need to do that. and on top of it all, allowing yourself to roam without thinking of the consequences or doing the research before hand is just dumb too.
    A. I don't care if I get hit with roaming charges. I can afford it. And I rightfully incurred those roaming charges by willfully using my blackberry by my own free will.
    B. I enjoy getting massive credits from AT&T for the service I signed a contract for. Gives me that special, warm feeling inside when I shuck and jive CS on the phone and tell them how awful their service has been and get rewarded for it immensely. You should try it. S'ok, I meet people like you all the time, you make the world go round.
    C. You seem to have a stick up your *** doctoresno...I've noticed it lately in your posts. Maybe you need a chill pill. You're a very dirty birdy and a rude person, you wouldn't want to voice your opinion to me in person the way you just have here like a coward, would you? I doubt it.
    Anyways, I almost can't wait to get back home so the first thing I can do is make my call to AT&T for my hand out for the abhorrent service they provide me with each and every month. So bring those roaming charges on. I'll let you all know how I make out with my bill. Maybe I'll bill it to docresno's account -=]

Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 01-24-10 at 12:59 AM. Reason: profanity
    01-24-10 12:48 AM
    Guys, one word - civility.

Thank you.
    01-24-10 12:59 AM
    he could at least spell my sn right lol.

personally, i could care less if you get your handouts from them or that you can afford it. im happy for you. im merely just saying, a quick googling couldve got you the answer you were looking for.

and if you are so concerned about the dropped calls and aweful service and having to call for your credits to make it all better, maybe instead of putting a band aid on the situation, you should consider an alternate carrier. sooner or later, they will realize they arent making money from your account and choose to drop you. you do realize that constant complaining regarding service is what got Sprint to terminate peoples contracts due to them "not being able to fufill their contract agreement". just an idea.

oh, and i have no problem voicing my opinions here or in person. just like im sure anyone would. no one said i have to agree with you and im more than happy to let you, or anyone else in their threads know it. its not about arguing, but just seeing things from another perspective.

and the only reason youre mad is because you posted something in OT that no one thought was funny (which wasnt) and me and someone else said so. seriously dude, take things on the internet with a grain of salt
    Last edited by dictoresno; 01-24-10 at 01:39 AM.
    01-24-10 01:16 AM
    Blah blah. And I aint mad. You are very angry at something dude.

01-24-10 12:17 PM
    Blah blah. And I aint mad. You are very angry at something dude.

ur right, im gonna take some anger management classes. have fun with your bill dude.
    01-24-10 03:09 PM
    ur right, im gonna take some anger management classes. have fun with your bill dude.
    I will have fun with the bill.... be more polite....ya hear?
    01-24-10 04:12 PM
    Don't you have anything better to do on your cruise than be on CB and make fun of people? I could care less, but I know if I was on a cruise or vacation CB and my phone would be the last thing I would be worried/doing

01-24-10 04:18 PM
    Don't you have anything better to do on your cruise than be on CB and make fun of people? I could care less, but I know if I was on a cruise or vacation CB and my phone would be the last thing I would be worried/doing

Well Dan, since you can care less, yet you decided it was worthy enough of a post anyway...The original post was at 11:45pm, kinda late, no? I wasn't on a vacation, I see you assumed I was. I was on a one night cruise for a friends birthday....It was kinda crappy too, I felt the whole ordeal was kind of cheesy and I won't be going again, and don't you worry too much about what I was doing or not doing.
    01-24-10 04:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD