Saw this on Engadget, made me recall some really dumb posts in the last year about the dangers of using a handheld and I thought I'd share with the class:

Cellphones are dangerous / not dangerous: handsets alter brain activity -- scientists don't know what that means.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-11 06:53 PM
    I'm confuddled lol!!! I seen this on CNN as well. Their top medical and health reporter Sanjay Gupta reportedly only uses his phone w a headset or earbuds and ill take that as a sign that some of those warnings have some basis.

02-23-11 09:31 PM
    I'm confuddled lol!!! I seen this on CNN as well. Their top medical and health reporter Sanjay Gupta reportedly only uses his phone w a headset or earbuds and ill take that as a sign that some of those warnings have some basis.

Same here, I've gotten so used to using my headset that holding my phone to my ear actually makes my hand start going to sleep. But I thought it was hilarious, mainly because due to the newness of some studies we still basically have no friggin' clue what's what on certain things, like that article. >.<

02-23-11 09:36 PM
    I agree. My cellphone has made me smarter. Not because of it "altering brain activity", but because of having the internet in my pocket. Any question I may have, that no one around me can answer, my phone always has an answer.
    02-24-11 05:35 AM
    I thought all phones have the aerial at the bottom now, what phones have they tested exactly? I'm the same by the way, rarely use it without a headset and I keep my conversations brief anyway.

02-24-11 06:25 AM
    This goes against one of my other post

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/smar...s-dumb-577785/
    02-24-11 05:40 PM
    I think all these findings about cellphone killing brain cells, sperms, this cells and that cells are all true... provided that you put your cellphone on your head/crotch/wherever you want your cells killed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 day a year, for 50 years straight.
    02-24-11 05:44 PM
    This goes against one of my other post

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/smar...s-dumb-577785/
    Oh no worries, they're still making pedestrians dumb.

02-24-11 05:49 PM
    I think all these findings about cellphone killing brain cells, sperms, this cells and that cells are all true... provided that you put your cellphone on your head/crotch/wherever you want your cells killed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 day a year, for 50 years straight.
    From what I've read to date, this holds true.

02-24-11 05:51 PM
    Thaaaaat's why I'm so smart! All jokes aside, I heard it's even harmful to have it turned on on your table next to your bed... what's with that???
    02-27-11 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD