I am curious if someone can help me with my phone because it will not stay consistent with its cell connection.

I can literally look at my phone and watch it go from 4GLTE to Edge to gsm and back to 4G then emergency call mode and so on to nothing. Just the dreaded red X.
    One day recently it went into emergency only mode and stayed that way all night and into the next day. It could only be corrected by a battery pull.
    I'm always fighting this.

Is this a carrier issue or an issue with my antenna?

I'm on TMobile. Are BlackBerry 's having problems on their LTE Network? Its been happening way to long.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 04:32 PM
    I think it's a bad antenna, or a bad SIM card. I was going to say "poor LTE network," but that won't explain why your phone shuffles between all these networks.

The SIM card would be easy to check: just put it into another phone (an LTE capable one would be the best test instrument, because it would be the most similar radio-wise to your Q10.)
    09-01-13 04:44 PM
    Oh sorry, I have a Z10.

My husband is on the same network on a GS3 and doesn't have this issue at all.

I will try the SIM, thank you.

I wanted to ask here first because I have not had time to go into the store to inquire about it.
    Its my only phone right now, so I cannot call in to TMO. They always want you to call from a seperate phone when doing diagnistics. I never think to call in from my husbands phone. *SMH

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 04:50 PM
    Oh sorry...I don't know why I said Q10. If your husband has a TMO GS3, do the SIM test.

Have you always had this problem, or just recently? Any recent physical or water damage you can think of?
    09-01-13 05:05 PM
    Well, my daughter threw my original Z10 down some concrete stairs in her toddler fit, and it messed up the phone speaker. It would rattle.

So, I had it replaced by my carrier through the insurance. This was about 2 months ago.

It started acting up approximately a month ago and keeps getting consistently worse with each passing day.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 05:15 PM
    Any luck? Did you get to do the SIM test yet?
    09-02-13 10:18 AM
    They were already closed by the time I got off work yesterday. They are actually open today, so I'm headed up there soon.

I was sitting here on the sofa a bit ago just watching it jump from 4 different networks in about 2 minutes.

It happens at work, home, car, etc...doesn't matter where I am. My BlackBerry has a borderline personality disorder. LOL

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 11:05 AM
    I meant were you able to test the SIM in your husband's phone. But if you are planning to go to a TMO store, even better!
    09-02-13 01:29 PM
    Its not the SIM exactly. Its TMO.

Took my phone in and they said they have been having issues on their LTE Network. Many different types of phones have been affected.

The sales girl told me they are working hard on fixing it, and if my phone keeps acting up, I am to bring it back up there.

She said they can try and replace the SIM. If that don't work, they will give me another BlackBerry Z10.

So far today, no issues. So hopefully the issue is resolved.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 10:17 PM
    Interesting. But why is your phone cycling through these networks? If the problem is just the LTE network, why aren't you dropping and staying at 3G/'4G'?
    09-04-13 10:32 PM
    Good question. I was just told if it keeps doing it after the fix to bring it back. *shrugs*

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 10:50 PM