Maybe get Celebrities to have a surprise showing at Pop-Up Stores. I think that will bring a lot attention to BlackBerry. I Know they used Alecia Keys, but this would be a one time thing for a few hours for the celebrity. And having more than just one Celebrity would have more Pull.
    Maybe Bla1ze would possibly be the Celebrity.
    11-01-16 03:05 PM
    Who is Bla1ze?

Celebrities aren't cheap... Would you sell enough phones at a pop-up store, or create enough buzz to make it work while?

Celebrity Booking Rate List - Business Insider
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-01-16 03:13 PM
    I'm not sure how celebrities and pop-up stores would help them sell more software, now that they are almost entirely out of the hardware business.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-01-16 03:23 PM
    Really...I mean... really?!

CB10 on my Classic
    fanBBRY likes this.
    11-01-16 05:06 PM
    Maybe get Celebrities to have a surprise showing at Pop-Up Stores . . . I Know they used Alecia Keys, but this would be a one time thing for a few hours for the celebrity.
    Yeah, it would definitely be a one-time thing.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-16 05:07 PM
    Atleast Bla1ze became a celebrity in according to the thread starter hehehe..

Posted via CB10
    fanBBRY likes this.
    11-01-16 09:01 PM
    celebrities and selling phones hasnt and will never work for BB
    11-01-16 09:18 PM
    I Know they used Alecia Keys, but this would be a one time thing for a few hours for the celebrity.
    Well then you already know this won't work; why do it again?
    Laura Knotek and JeepBB like this.
    11-01-16 10:57 PM
    I think it will work . Why not use a Local Celebrity. They only used one Celebrity .Power comes in Numbers.
    Maybe have a Pop-Up Store at a Concert or Big Event. Let people know BlackBerry is still alive. Doing it this way is totally different than what Alecia Keys did for BlackBerry. Media would be all over it and it would be unexpected.
    11-01-16 11:53 PM
    I think it will work . Why not use a Local Celebrity. They only used one Celebrity .Power comes in Numbers.
    Maybe have a Pop-Up Store at a Concert or Big Event. Let people know BlackBerry is still alive. Doing it this way is totally different than what Alecia Keys did for BlackBerry. Media would be all over it and it would be unexpected.
    But they aren't still alive in the hardware market...

DTEK60 was launched with a clearance price, all the other hardware is now marked to sell.... and Chen plans to be out of the hardware selling business by Feb 2017. All he is concerned with is selling what stock they have, and trying to get as many others to license and sell BlackBerry products.... which is probably going to be good for a couple of years at best, before the BlackBerry is no more. The company will go on, or be bought by some larger company (most anyone will be larger).

What is different about selling products at a Concert or Big Event? Anyway... they are out of the hardware selling business.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-02-16 07:22 AM
    Maybe get Celebrities to have a surprise showing at Pop-Up Stores. I think that will bring a lot attention to BlackBerry. I Know they used Alecia Keys, but this would be a one time thing for a few hours for the celebrity. And having more than just one Celebrity would have more Pull.
    Maybe Bla1ze would possibly be the Celebrity.
    So a pop up store with celebs...ok so they put one up. Then customer goes, where can I get a BB? Does Sprint sell them? No. What about T-Mobile? No. Verizon? Just the Priv. AT&T? Just the Priv. Oh I have to go to Best Buy to get one? Or buy one online? Hmm....

So they put up a pop-up store and the carriers only sell one model or you have to go Best Buy to find a android based BB or buy it online. Sounds silly, expensive and pointless.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-02-16 03:58 PM