Most of us knew him actually, most of us knew him virtually, but the common concensus we can all agree on is the man spoke his mind. Leigh is a no nonsense, take it or leave it (after he's thoroughly reviewed it) kind of guy. Not the type that was everyone's cup of tea, but when he filled your cup, your cup runneth over.

Family was extremely important to Leigh. He cherished his daughters. We all shared very intimate stories and real world problems with him, and he did the same. His driving force and purpose in life transformed him from grifter, to rocker, to lawyer, to parent. Music was in his blood, and his heart was his daughters. His eldest daughter's fondest memory of him was a trip to the laundromat, Bob Marley playing in the background while they were waiting for their clothing to finish whatever cycle they were on.

His virtual Homies remember him creating either awesome Themes and/os custom OS as part of OSBB, becoming an evil corporate a$$-kicking pirate as a member of BerryLeaks, receiving multiple ban hammers...while kicking and screaming, and throwing those hammers back, and being a team builder and team player. He always supported us and showed us love. Tough love is love too.

...so it was heartbreaking to learn that he had passed away on Thursday, Jan 28, 2021, of a brain aneurysm. A powerful force, whose light has dimmed. So we light our 9700's, our 9810's, our Z-10's, our Z-30's and our Android's (he hated iOS), we light our torches, and we remember, and laugh, and cry, and sing his favorite songs, and start an argument, and kick someone in the f¿<%ing nuts, then offer them legal advice, because that's what Leigh did, and would do for us, his Family.

We love you Bro. We love you very much. Safe Travels

BerryLeaks.

Because of the pandemic, and health and safety concerns, we're starting a gofundme account for his daughters. I'll update the post, to reflect the link and any updates Thank you to all who contribute.
    Attached Thumbnails Celebrating the memory of Leigh (Wu Wei) Monette-20640.jpg  
    01-30-21 10:12 AM
    Leigh was more than a friend or an 'online' personality for all of us Berryleaks peeps. We will cherish the times we had with him, and the friendships we forged.
    Leigh was larger than life, always had time for his friends.

My heart is with your girls. We know how much they meant to you, and how much you meant to them. We will do our best to help take care of them.

Love always brother,
    You shall be missed my friend.
    01-30-21 10:18 AM
    Terribly sad to hear about Leigh's passing. While I wasn't as close to him as some folks here, I do have many fond memories from the time he spent here and consider him one of the folks from the 'good old days' when we were all a part of the closer knit community, where even if we were disagreeing, there was nothing but love. His contributions to the community go beyond themes and custom OS builds and apps, and he will be missed forever. Much love to his family and friends at this time.
    01-30-21 11:50 AM
    Love ya bro. So so many memories that will never be forgotten. Will miss those many long long philosophical discussions we had many a night on the deck...
    Bla1ze, Mecca EL, conite and 3 others like this.
    01-30-21 11:51 AM
    Hear hear. A great loss. Thoughts go to his cherished daughters.
    01-30-21 11:59 AM
    He loved his daughters so much Celebrating the memory of Leigh (Wu Wei) Monette-fb_img_1612026136392.jpg
    Mecca EL, conite, Bla1ze and 4 others like this.
    01-30-21 12:02 PM

RIP Leigh.
    Rock on.
    01-30-21 01:21 PM
    Just stunning news to process! Leigh was first and foremost a father, who cherished his daughters more than life. He had a passion that burned brighter than a thousand suns, in all he took interest in, and was generous to a fault.

My prayers go out to his family. This passing came way too soon. Miss you bro!
    01-30-21 01:48 PM
    Definitely memories of the Classic years, when so many pulled together to help and learn about why BlackBerry was so awesome. Sad that this happened, for him, his family, and our family here.
    01-30-21 01:57 PM
    My thoughts and prayers to Leigh and his family. He will be missed. I spoke to him many times in those days, and will always miss the dialog. There was definitely mutual respect. Rest in peace Leigh!
    01-30-21 02:46 PM
    We'll miss you brother. Not sure I'll ever find someone that was so much fun to argue with. Safe travels in whatever comes next.
    01-30-21 03:13 PM
    We'll miss you brother. Not sure I'll ever find someone that was so much fun to argue with. Safe travels in whatever comes next.
    Yes, lol. How many of us have been on the beat-down side of that argument?
    01-30-21 03:55 PM
    Leigh has been an important part of my life for the last 10 years. When I heard this news yesterday my heart sank, I’m still in shock. It’s so crazy but some of my best online and real life friends were made in the blackberry community. I remember the first time meeting Wu-Wei after being invited to a private BBM group. He was and always will be a blackberry legend to me. We all had our unique skills but Leigh managed to bring a little bit of everything to the table. A quick wit, dark sense of humor, super smarts, a passion for life, technology, good chat and a loving father. Leigh was always there for me to help me see the big picture when I needed advice, a friend to talk to or a problem I couldn’t solve.

This is the third good blackberry friend lost after meeting them here. I certainly miss the old blackberry days. The friendships and memories in this community have been some of the best in my years and I’m thankful beyond words for the connections and friendships made along the way. Wu-Wei you will be missed, but never forgotten. Love you bro.
    01-30-21 07:14 PM
    Yes, lol. How many of us have been on the beat-down side of that argument?
    I don’t think I’ve ever won an argument with Leigh. I certainly would not have wanted to go toe to toe with him in a courtroom!
    01-30-21 07:20 PM
    This is the third good blackberry friend lost after meeting them here.
    I've lost count, and demand no one else passes. EVER! Damn sick of these threads. Can I get an Amen?
    01-31-21 12:32 AM
    Amen to that!
    I've lost count, and demand no one else passes. EVER! Damn sick of these threads. Can I get an Amen?
    01-31-21 02:33 AM
    I mostly knew Leigh by reputation as wu-wei in CrackBerry, but got to know him better in Telegram. He was very opinionated but smart and respectful and an all round nice person.

I was eternally grateful when he mapped all of the most used Telegram emoji back to the classic BBM emoji that so many of us missed. He even added a couple for me that hadn't been mapped yet, but that I used a lot in BBM. He kept that going for a long time, until the frequency of Telegram updates made it impractical. But I was grateful for his brilliance and generosity, and enjoyed his rants on the state of the world too. Even when I disagreed with him, I could tell he spoke with intelligence and reason.

Leigh's biggest concerns and greatest loves were his daughters. My heart goes out to them and the rest of his family. I hope they come to know how many other lives were touched by Leigh and made better. Such a sad and unfathomable loss. :-(
    01-31-21 03:03 AM
    Sad news, my condolences to all.

RIP Leigh
    01-31-21 11:26 PM
    [QUOTE=Mecca EL;13569802] i am a stranger to all of you, i stumbled upon this link while racking my brain for forgotten memories and distant connections to my oldest brother Leigh. I want to thank all of you for your kind words and wishes. For those of you who know, and i know, Leigh was a dangerously intelligent and deeply caring person. Leigh was 8 years older than me, my hero, my childhood idol, and so many reasons i am who i am today. It's comforting to know that he touched the lives of people I've never met, in the exact ways I'd expect. I apologize for my memory, but in the thread i read "tough love is still love. " that sentence brought me to tears, and proved to me that whoever typed that, knew Leigh. Thank you again for the thoughts and compassion. I found this, no one asked for it. It is truly a treasure. Thank you.
    Last edited by Ecm; 02-08-21 at 06:07 AM. Reason: Please do not post personal contact info
    brookie229 and BlackScorpion3 like this.
    02-08-21 05:21 AM
    Reading these posts was a true punch in the gut. I'm reminded how great of a community CrackBerry was, and still is. I am truly saddened to hear of the passing of Leigh. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.
    02-09-21 05:14 AM
    RIP Leigh

I had recently heard the news, and this is deeply saddening. I know many of us from "these days" have been a bit removed and not always around, but I at least still think back to these times and many with Leigh. He was a great person to chat with and always there to help others out. You will be greatly missed sir.
    02-23-21 09:14 PM