I've noticed that, immediately after I finish a phone call, I'm not able to open my browser or otherwise use data (like IM apps) for some period of time even after the phone call is ended. The length of time I can't use data seems to be proportional to the length of the phone call I was on. The longer the call, the longer I seem to have to wait to use data. It happened today after a one hour and thirty-eight minute phone call. Though I didn't bother today, there have been times when I have simply gone into "Manage Connections" and turned off and then turned back on my mobil network. The data is then immediately available. Have any of you CDMA users noticed this and how are YOU dealing with it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-09 10:48 PM
    How long has this issue been going on. Is there any chance that the device is heating up? Sounds like it may be a good time to visit a service center & look around at all the new things while they're checking out your phone.

12-30-09 10:54 PM
    Are you by chance running OS 4.5.0.131? This was a well known bug of that and a couple of other versions, and fixed with some later OS versions.

I had that problem with .131. But it's OS related, not netwok or a device problem, I'm fairly certain.

Last edited by BergerKing; 12-30-09 at 11:04 PM.
    12-30-09 11:02 PM
    How long has this issue been going on. Is there any chance that the device is heating up? Sounds like it may be a good time to visit a service center & look around at all the new things while they're checking out your phone.

It's been happening for as long as I've had the phone. Though heat does seem like a reasonable consideration (one I hadn't even thought of), I tend to think it's the network. That's only because , like I said, when I turn off the mobile network and turn it on again, data is always immediately available.

12-30-09 11:03 PM
    Are you by chance running OS 4.5.0.131? This was a well known bug of that and a couple of other versions, and fixed with some later OS versions.

I had that problem with .131.

That's exactly the version I'm running. Thank you! Seems I need to update. I never update, my school of thought being "If it ain't broke ..." I guess it is, lol.

12-30-09 11:06 PM
    That's exactly the version I'm running. Thank you! Seems I need to update. I never update, my school of thought being "If it ain't broke ..." I guess it is, lol.

Yeah, my favorites of .131 was the trackball click/screen lag, the delayed data after a call, and 'chasing' the post box after I typed something in.

12-30-09 11:13 PM
    My Curve used to be like that; although it was never more than like, 5 minutes. My Tour/Storm/Pearl Flip/Curve now with Verizon never take more than about a minute to bounce back to the data usage.
    12-31-09 01:17 AM
    My Curve used to be like that; although it was never more than like, 5 minutes. My Tour/Storm/Pearl Flip/Curve now with Verizon never take more than about a minute to bounce back to the data usage.
    Since I upgraded to .175, the only issue I deal with on the occaisional basis is a mysterious loss off all sounds. Battery Pull usually fixes it, but every once in a while.....

12-31-09 03:00 AM
    Since I upgraded to .175, the only issue I deal with on the occaisional basis is a mysterious loss off all sounds. Battery Pull usually fixes it, but every once in a while.....

Okay, did my "upgrade" to .175, and I'll report back what happens after a phone call as far as data is concerned. I hope I don't lose sound, lol. I think I could've lived with the slight delay in data availability.

12-31-09 03:15 AM
    AN UPDATE:

The OS update fixed the problem. I just finished a phone call and was delighted with immediate data availability. Even the red LED started flashing right away to notify me of an email. Thanks for the help. I'll declare this one SOLVED.

01-01-10 03:38 PM
    when I had a tour on verizon this didn't happen so im not sure why its doing it for you
    01-01-10 05:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD