I read that there is a rumor that the CDMA curve will be designated a 8330 and won't have GPS. This ruins my plans. I was waiting for the CDMA so I could switch to sprint, but if this is true I don't think I would do that. I want a camera, GPS, QWERTY, and trackball. I want it all!
    boygeniusreport:com/2007/06/16/blackberry-curve-world-edition-for-cdma-networks

Does anyone know anything about this.
    11-14-07 02:42 PM
    Not really, that info will become clearer sometime early next year. I will say if its for Verizon, the GPS wont help you as they'll shut it down in favor of thier vznavigator product instead.
    11-14-07 02:54 PM
    Not really, that info will become clearer sometime early next year. I will say if its for Verizon, the GPS wont help you as they'll shut it down in favor of thier vznavigator product instead.
    I am sure they will, but I am hoping Sprint won't break form and leave it alone. I hate waiting for my Curve, but I gotta have the right conditions before I buy. The report on BoyGenius seems scary though.
    11-14-07 03:11 PM
    I couldn’t wait for Sprint. I just got an 8320 last week and I love it! I really liked Sprint’s coverage, and plans, (CS was not too good) but the time was right. You can also get GPS on the 8310 for a fee. I have a Garmin 660 so I have no need for GPS on my phone, but once you get one you wonder how you lived without it. Kind of like a Tivo I guess.
    Last edited by Elvisp; 11-16-07 at 10:45 AM.
    11-16-07 10:25 AM
    Even if it does have GPS, it will be vz nav and you are buggered. But I hope boy genius is wrong

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-07 03:01 PM
    I read that there is a rumor that the CDMA curve will be designated a 8330 and won't have GPS. This ruins my plans. I was waiting for the CDMA so I could switch to sprint, but if this is true I don't think I would do that. I want a camera, GPS, QWERTY, and trackball. I want it all!

I don't understand why you want sprint.
    11-18-07 05:55 PM

I don't understand why you want sprint.
    I know everyone has there issues with every different carrier. I have been with Verizon since they were called Airtouch Cellular. My complaints with them are crippling their phones, high prices , that stupid Pix Place thing that I can't even use since my number was obtained through a dealer so I can't even get internet service. Since my contract is up I want to try someone else.

AT&T seems like a nice little company, but they are GSM and I know what everyone has said but CDMA is definately faster (atleast in L.A.). Plus my wife has AT&T and as a safety reason we wanted to have different carriers. We had a situation when I was trying to call 911 on my phone and couldn't get through, she used her phone and got right through.

TMO seems like a cute company but I can't even walk into the store (something about not being a 14 year old girl).

So that leaves Sprint. CDMA, $30 blackberry plan with unlimited texting and free navigation service (I know navigatio is on the phone...but atleast I won't worry about having it disabled if I don't pay some fee, or having to argue with why it shouldn't be disabled, less headache). Plus a 22% company discount I get from work. Seems like a good time and reason to switch for me.

But I know they have their issues just like everyone else. If its customer service problems I can deal with that as long as my phone works and I can do the things I want.

That is why in the world I want Sprint.
    11-18-07 06:55 PM
    I know nothing about Sprint, but just as a word of warning, the company actually caused my normally passive ex-roommate to kick a hole in the wall in our apartment. Between bad reception (in the metro NJ area) and their customer service, he couldn't wait to get away from them.

This was about two years ago, so things could be different now, but that was my only exposure to them.
    11-18-07 08:57 PM
    I know nothing about Sprint, but just as a word of warning, the company actually caused my normally passive ex-roommate to kick a hole in the wall in our apartment. Between bad reception (in the metro NJ area) and their customer service, he couldn't wait to get away from them.

This was about two years ago, so things could be different now, but that was my only exposure to them.
    I understand. I have talked to people in my area (Los Angeles) and they have next to no complaints about Sprint coverage. I feel your pain though. Customer Service can swing from good to bad depending on the type of day the person on the other end of the phone is having. Truth be told I have never called CS ever with any cell phone issue. So hopefully I'll keep that trend going.
    11-19-07 12:39 AM

Hang in there, I keep hearing LATE 1st quarter!
    01-02-08 04:38 AM
    CDMA Curve on the way to Sprint between Feb 1-15.
    01-15-08 08:51 PM
    CDMA Curve on the way to Sprint between Feb 1-15.
    I have seen this in other posts, but man, would I love to see some sort of concrete evidence about this thing.
    01-15-08 10:12 PM
    I have seen this in other posts, but man, would I love to see some sort of concrete evidence about this thing.
    I think the previous poster is getting those dates from this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/cur...tml#post110465

but they seem to think its the samsung "ace" and not the curve.
    01-16-08 07:52 AM
    8310 has built in GPS, if you want TeleNav (turn by turn voice & text to speech) then you have to pay ATT $9.95/month. If you're happy with Google Maps or Yahoo! then you can use both of those in location based mode straight from the phone for no charge. I used to be with VZW, couldn't wait for the 8130 to come out and jumped ship. Very happy. VZW will stick to their standard operating procedure and castrate the 8330 when it finally comes out - they've always crippled GPS and enslaved victims - sorry, customers - to VZNavigator whether you like it or not. Don't see them changing anytime soon. Sprint actually left the GPS on their 8130 open I believe - good for them!
    01-16-08 12:27 PM
    I won't jump and do anything until you try Google's new maps with "My Location". It is amazing! It uses cell towers to located you approximate location but i don't know how it could be any more accurate! I even tried it out on some backroads in the country one day and WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!! And it's FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!! just google Google Mobile Maps and it will send a link to your phone and Voila!!!!!!!!!
    01-16-08 01:11 PM
    Ive tried it, and it puts me over a mile away from where I really am. Not very useful.
    01-16-08 01:15 PM
    Everything I have read suggests that the Sprint Curve will have GPS.
    01-18-08 11:17 AM
    I started this thread a while ago and after some research I don't think this will happen. I think the Sprint Curve will have GPS for sure.

Dare I say wifi too? I don't see it because sprint doesn't really offer a wifi service, but only time will tell.
    01-18-08 12:36 PM
    Everything I have read suggests that the Sprint Curve will have GPS.
    where are you reading this from. sprint doesnt even seem to acknowledge the curve exists.
    01-18-08 04:13 PM
    where are you reading this from. sprint doesnt even seem to acknowledge the curve exists.
    You could see GPS happening with a Sprint Curve since Sprint offers Sprint Nav for free. Plus if most of their devices have GPS from a business standpoint it would make the new product (Curve) less attractive if it didn't. So GPS isn't a stretch to imagine.

Also, I have gotten letters from Sprint in which they acknowledge the Curve, and just say they are testing. So it will happen eventually.
    01-18-08 04:41 PM
    I won't jump and do anything until you try Google's new maps with "My Location". It is amazing! It uses cell towers to located you approximate location but i don't know how it could be any more accurate! I even tried it out on some backroads in the country one day and WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!! And it's FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!! just google Google Mobile Maps and it will send a link to your phone and Voila!!!!!!!!!
    Google maps had me "located" far from my house....lol it was actually at my old apartment before i moved.

As for the wifi thing, i doubt it. Cool, but doubt it.
    01-24-08 09:28 PM
    My att curve w google maps is dead on. My wifes pearl on vzw is way off to location.
    I left vzw because i hated the fact that they restrict to sell their stuff. ATT coverage is catching up to vzw for phone and data is way better.

I had too many nightmares with vw and my palms over the years.
    02-06-08 10:34 PM
    Sprint's version WILL HAVE GPS! Every new phone has at least A-GPS, and every BB has GPS, so don't you think the Curve will? Of course it will...
    02-06-08 10:46 PM
    Yes I think its going to have gps it will be dumb move not to have it
    02-08-08 09:37 PM
    Not every BB has GPS. I bought my curve over the summer from AT&T. It does not have GPS. There are no promises here - we'll all just have to wait until there's a press release to find out.
    02-10-08 11:59 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD