Yes, the CDMA Curve is coming to TELUS. Got a call on Tuesday from the TELUS Corporate Account Manager for my area in Toronto. Asked him when Telus would be launching CDMA Curve. He said the date for the release would be APRIL 15th!!

He also mentioned that Telus had planned to launch it in March but due to chip problems, the date has been changed to April 15th. So Canadians now have a firm date for release of CDMA Curve.

Keep on Crackin',

-CB
    Last edited by CarBob; 03-19-08 at 10:47 PM.
    03-18-08 11:13 PM
    I sort of heard that one too tonight, although they did not give me a date. Yeasterday I went to 2 telus stores and they both said sometime in April.
    03-19-08 12:17 AM
    so will it come to verizon in the states in April too?
    03-19-08 12:46 AM
    PEARL TO VERIZON.. I sure hope so!
    03-19-08 04:11 AM
    How firm is this confirmation date?
    03-22-08 06:57 AM
    How firm is this confirmation date?
    When a Corporate account Manager passes on this kind of information about the launch of a particular BlackBerry device (CDMA Curve), consider it firm!! If I hear otherwise, I'll let y'all know.

Keep on crackin',

- CB
    03-23-08 11:02 PM
    So.. similar to the post from the gentleman in Ontario... I am very well connected to Telus through my occupation ... and was told "mid-april" by my contact on Thursday... which is pretty conistent!! Like many people that are BB users.. I was "issued" a good old 7250 by my employer and immediately became an addict *grin*

When it came to a personal device, I was a Treo fan until I saw and felt and played with an 8310 Curve a couple of months ago (one of my staff had one from another carrier). I fell in love... !!! (with the device, not the staffmember!)

So.. I too have been eagerly awaiting the 8330 so I can sign up for another 3 year contract with Telus (15+ year customer of Telus Mobility) and begin to bring my Crackberry addition into my home life *evil grin*

Cheers!
    03-24-08 03:42 PM
    Soarin,

Welcome to CrackBerry.com - THE best BlackBerry forum on the net with excellent MODs and the most friendly and helpful Members. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Am counting the days till the BlackBerry CDMA Curve is released!!

BTW, have heard that BELL MOBILITY will be launching the Curve either on April 4th or April 11th. Stay tuned.

Keep on Crackin',

- CB
    03-24-08 11:59 PM
    Anyone have a price in their systems yet? I keep hearing rumors ranging from $499-$599 MTM. The 3 year price I keep hearing is around $199. I think it should be $549 MTM and $149 on a 3 year. I want the Curve so bad for the full QWERTY and the form factor, but in reality it's a Pearl with a different shell! If it's $600 I'm going to be pissed.
    03-26-08 01:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD