will the bb 9930 cdma usa phone work in canada with bell?
    i need a new bb and bell has no new smartphones for cdma and new 3g 4 g no work where i need it, but my old 8530 crap curve on cdma does
    07-12-12 12:02 AM
    Bell sells the bold 9930, my GF has one from them.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-12-12 12:16 AM
    Due to the age of the technology as deployed by Bell, CDMA smartphones are no longer sold by them.
    Also, Bell doesn't sell the 9930, they sell the 9900; which is the GSM/HSPA+ version.
    Laura Knotek and reeneebob like this.
    07-12-12 12:23 AM
    Bell will not activate a 9930 on their CDMA network if it's not purchased through them, and seeing as how they don't sell the 9930, you're out of luck in that regard.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-12-12 12:41 AM
    CDMA are not used but those carriers anymore, Bell, Wind and others are already started to use UMTS, HSPA+ Sim cards and you can't activate a Blackberry Bold 9930 with a CDMA line.

But, the Blackberry Bold 9930 is also a GSM phone and if you will unlock your Blackberry 9930 you can use it with sim cards from other carriers if the device you have is supporting the frequency bands used by your carrier.
    07-12-12 01:58 AM
    thanks to all... well i guess i an e outa luk then... getting a decent BB to use at my cottage... F'n Bell...and all... new GSM HSPA may be good... but should at least work also where cdma does.... or they should offer BB still until then...
    07-23-12 09:09 AM
    thanks to all... well i guess i an e outa luk then... getting a decent BB to use at my cottage... F'n Bell...and all... new GSM HSPA may be good... but should at least work also where cdma does.... or they should offer BB still until then...
    Bell did a massive HSPA upgrade a few years ago, they've upgraded close to 95% of their towers. Main problem is that Bell doesn't own some of the towers that their CDMA network ran on, so there are now gaps in their coverage.

Does Rogers not offer coverage where you are? At least their edge network is backwards compatible and you wont be left with a worthless phone when bell flips off the old evdo network.
    07-23-12 09:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD